Nostalgia Thrown Into A Blender.

danwojo913

Over the downtime, I picked up a lot of fun tricks in Blender 3D (not to mention v2.60 :D). While I'm not planning to redo a lot of my old art, I've made a commitment to myself to challenge my creativity by making at least one recognizable thing a day, BIONICLE or not.Today, that happened to be that famous old scene from the very beginning of the classic BIONICLE game, the Mata Nui Online Game.Yeah, that famous scene.Comments and criticism are, as always, appreciated. :)I didn't really like how the sand hit the water, but after spending almost an hour rendering the water, I decided it was good enough. :P

hey there

Wow... how did you do the mist?! I've been trying to find the right effect like thatbut somehow the mist of the world settings don't do it for me...

It was the mist settings under world, just need to make the numbers a bit big for a big scene like this was. :)

Something I've found that could help with the water/sand border is if you take a smooth brush to the shore and drop it off a little steeper, that way the water comes in smoother.Just a thought.

Thanks, I'll try that when I get a chance.

You drew that yourself? That's actually really good. I've never been too good at drawing my own scenery...MTL

Didn't really draw it, more like modeled it in 3D.. :P

I can not use blender. You, on the other hand OP, are amazing at it. The mist effect is spectacular, and so is the water. But yeah, the water meeting the beach is kind of rough.9.5/10

Thanks. :)

hey there