Bone Hunter (BFTGM)

Zippo

J9NuJXT.jpg

"After the Shattering destroyed Spherus Magna, the Bone Hunters were not included in the social system organized on Bara Magna. In order to obtain what they needed, they became thieves, stealing food, weapons, and whatever else they could get their hands on. They raided trade caravans and on occasion, villages, rarely leaving anyone alive to tell the tale. (...) They are known to hunt down Agori, Glatorian, and Vorox for sport, and would occasionally capture them to sell to the Skrall."

Entry pic

(Gallery link in pic)

This is my take on the Bone Hunters. I wanted to go for the "hardened wasteland survivor" look, to match with Bara Magna's harsh desert environment. So, I gave him a Vorox skull for shoulder armor (A trophy from his last hunt - and a warning to anyone who comes near), Vezon's cape (To cover his face in case he's caught in a sandstorm), and a spear sculpted from bones (They are Bone Hunters, after all). I also used tan connector pieces as well, since blue broke the color scheme too much (And tan goes better with the desert theme). Finally, I made him roughly twice as tall as the original Bone Hunter set, since I didn't feel like something that small would realistically be intimidating to Agori or Glatorian. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with how he turned out (Especially that Vorox skull armor).

why is this happening

Neat revamp of the Bone Hunters. You got that desert warrior look you were going for indeed. I'd say my favorite aspect is the weapon. Too many entries have weapons that are too many conflicting pieces stuck together or just a single weapon piece from a set. Yours is in the sweet spot right in the middle with an original, but simple, design. The rest of the build is nothing exciting, but you were right about using tan connectors. Not bad.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

This is pretty good and easy build MOC, I do like that you use the Vorox helmet for a shoulder armor and using tan pins instead of blue.

Using Vezon's cape to cover his face is a great idea and it would be nice to see a picture of the cover face.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube