What is your first Bionicle related memory?

MetroidwaveX50

Went to Toys R Us back in 2002 and saw a giant mound of Rahi sets right in front of the door. I couldn't get one, because I though $8 was really expensive, and $20 was uber rich person money. I ended up getting getting Pohato the same year for Christmas. 

Always used to have 'em kick my Sonic doll in the nards lmfao.

Edited by Chasm
  • Upvote 2

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

• 1 month later...

Christmas 2006. I had gotten 2 Bionicle sets. Toa Hordika Vakama and Visorak Vohtarak. I instantly fell in love, but later took them apart in '07. My older brother got Toa Hordika Onewa and Rahaga Bomonga.  My brother also got Vezok(Which I took apart  :D) and I got Kazi,   and tucking his daggers to his hips and running around with him, pretending it was flying.

Edited by Vokaru Mistika

I'm currently in the process of rewriting G2. PM me if interested.

Feel free to follow the blog! (https://spiritofokoto.tumblr.com/)

Ooh I remember when they first came out. My first memory was seeing the canister wash up on a beach on the island of Mata-Nui. I think it was a commercial. Then I saw the sets at the store when I was out shopping with family and I begged them into buying me Tahu, Kopaka, and Onua. I only ended up getting Onua though, but later that year they suprised me with the rest of them for Christmas.

Edited by Anapouri

My first memory was getting the very first Bionicle comic in the club magazine back in late 2000 as a wee lad in first grade and I instantly fell in love with it and read it over, and over, and over again. Unknown to my family or myself, I had an undiagnosed case of OCD and had just been diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome, so there was that. It was a crazy time in my life. It was also the same year my sister and I started getting into Pokemon.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

The Beginning

Once, in the year of 2003 a boy named [deleted] went to the Lego store, wondering what mysteries could be found. As he graced the aisles with his presence, it became apparent that he had stumbled upon a biomechanical figure. It was a Pahrak. He vividly remembered seeing it in a dream. As he walked out of the Lego store that day, the boy never realized how astounding his destiny was about to become. 

A new start

Just this very day, the same boy that had traveled to the world of Agua Magna previously had stumbled upon a new Bionicle world. Its name was Okoto, and his heart filled with nostalgia bought Kopaka at a Target. Two months later he purchased Lewa, Hali, and the Protector of Jungle as well. The boy now knew his destiny. It was BIONICLE.

Edited by Hellyam

GENERATION 4: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Pretty much when the toa Mata first came out. Walking round a toy shop (the shop doesent even exist anymore :/) seeing the multi packs with 2 toa in each, I think I begged my mom to buy them for me and in the end she gave in. Nothing special I guess :P

Back from the darkness

(will update soon)

I remember getting the Nui Rama from my uncle as my first set, and making my dad build it haha

I also remember my town only ever having Pahrak-Kal, not my first memory, but at birthday parties if the kid was into Bionicle they were guaranteed a Pahrak-Kal (I had four myself)

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

One of my earlier memory's of bionicle happend in 2006 and I was with my dad and my brother and we were looking for zakat an the only piraka we were missing we looked in all the shops lots of time and never found it,then one day at toy world we searched the whole shop and I remember finding him on a box in the corner of the shop I grabbed it we bought it and we were all so happy,good times.

Zakat an I meant to say

Zaktan

Wow auto correct!!!!!!

It was either reading the first comic, (Especially remember being confused when Kopaka put on the Hau) or playing with my recently acquired Turaga Vakama on the day I got him (Christmas day) stairs and having him loose his mask.

Actually, it would be when my older brothers got a Turaga Onewa (How do two people own one Turaga? Don't Ask. I don't know) 

I have so many early memories of Bionicles. Though the three above are the three "Earliest"

Toa Han

My Flickr. Old Bionicles on Brickshelf

small_logo.png

My first memory would be getting Vahki Keerakh for my birthday. It was hard to put together because of how tough the joints were, but I remember it being my favorite toy nonetheless.

Edited by Kung Fu Pyro

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

I once remember walking in Woolworths in December 2004, as I had to go with my mum to get presents and seeing some left over Takanuva sets, the Toa Metru selling quickly, and the 04 titans. 

Only in 2007 however, would I get my first canister set. 

I'm not sure I can post this. I was in a church, and I saw Guurahk sitting on a table. It was part of a church program and they were giving the sets away to kids who did a certain amount of stuff. 

My brother did that stuff, got him, and brought him home. And that's how this whole thing began.

Summer vacation. My family and I were walking around the town after noon. Scorching sun and loads of tourists. I hated it. I went to buy a Mickey Mouse magazine (I read that like crazy when I was a kid) and joined my parents on the terrace of a coffe bar. As we sit there I was skimming through the Mickey Mouse magazine and finally flipped it to see whats on the last page. I will never forget it... Some pyramid like structure formed a background behind six humanoid robots wearing masks. I remamber Tahu standing in front with his flame sword held high in the air. Left of him was Onua (who was my favorite Mata since I first layed my eyes upon him) in a hunched pose with two giant sets of claws. Lewa was right from Tahu and he looked really with that amazing axe of his. Behind them was Gali, who never impressed me all that much. Standing a long way behind them were Pohatu and Kopaka and it was pretty hard to make out details on them seeing how far behind they were (I think they actually stood on the pyramid structure). That picture was my first and one of my dearest Bionicle memories.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing Mata Nui Online II (The Final Chronicle). That was back when I got my lego.com account, sometime in 02... After a while, my parents decided not to let me and my brother play it any more since we were little. Recently, thanks to Biomediaproject.com, I have gotten to play that game again... That site is dangerous though, since every download included malware...