The Toa Cota and Matoran

Nescent

The BFTGM contest is spawning hordes of new villains, but the Toa Cota are here to fight! Alongside them are six Matoran, who set aside their daily lives to join in the resistance.

cota_toa_team_embed.jpg

Click for larger image.

Browse the gallery, or view the hotlinks below.

The Toa are:

Javvik, Toa of Earth

[Front]

[Back]

[Action]

Javvik is a buff warrior. Although he is outstanding in battle, he is not one to engage when it is unnecessary, and carries a shield to defend instead of attack when possible.

Paramax, Toa of Fire

[Front]

[Back]

[Action]

Paramax is humble, and is always one to hear what his teammates have to say. He is considered the leader of the team, however due to his laid-back nature, all six Toa have a voice.

Kirf, Toa of Jungle

[Front]

[Back]

[Action]

Kirf prefers to operate alone, but he is a great asset to the team. He loves to hunt, and is a master of the bow. He also carries a secondary weapon, a small spinning blade used to slay a wounded beast.

Tifiki, Toa of Water

[Front]

[Back]

[Action]

Tifiki is sly and cunning. She takes to the shadows, lurking about the enemy and jumping in when the Toa are at a disadvantage. She is friendly at heart, but overwhelmingly vicious in a fight.

Guntew, Toa of Ice

[Front]

[Back]

[Action]

Guntew grew up in the wild, and has a fondness for heavy weapons. He taught himself to hunt, starting with small rahi and gradually confronting larger game. Even though is he part of a team, he still enjoys a proper one-versus-one showdown.

Scinder, Toa of Stone

[Front]

[Back]

[Action]

Scinder is terrifying, using a massive scythe to slay his enemies. The other Toa are sometimes worried by his passion for war, but his motives are always just.

cota_matoran_team_embed.jpg

Click for larger image.

Pictured are Tazini (earth), Skalabar (fire), Mellika (jungle), Kimi (water), Karvii (ice), and Devar (stone).

This is my first Toa team, and there will certainly be more in the future! Likes? Dislikes? I'd love to hear them. Also, bonus points if you saw the cat photobomb in the first image.

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

Though a few of these are Inika builds, and some may gripe about that, I think you did a good job creating a canister-sized Toa team outside the normal Inika-build design, with the various other custom torsos. (It's somewhat difficult to make a canister-sized Toa without a standard torso anyways, so good job.) They all have some bit of extra adornment to make them unique, as well, such as Paramax's Rahkshi-head epaulettes and their weapons. In fact, the weapons are probably my favorite aspects of the team, simple enough to work but complex enough not to be boring. Javvik's sheild is just awesome. Good job on the Matoran, too, although I think the legs are a bit long. I always think of them as having long arms and short legs. Is the Skalabar wearing Furno's head as a mask? Nice use of that piece. Overall, nice job!

(Also, yes, I see the cat. Best part. :P)

• Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Though a few of these are Inika builds, and some may gripe about that, I think you did a good job creating a canister-sized Toa team outside the normal Inika-build design, with the various other custom torsos. (It's somewhat difficult to make a canister-sized Toa without a standard torso anyways, so good job.) They all have some bit of extra adornment to make them unique, as well, such as Paramax's Rahkshi-head epaulettes and their weapons. In fact, the weapons are probably my favorite aspects of the team, simple enough to work but complex enough not to be boring. Javvik's sheild is just awesome. Good job on the Matoran, too, although I think the legs are a bit long. I always think of them as having long arms and short legs. Is the Skalabar wearing Furno's head as a mask? Nice use of that piece. Overall, nice job!

(Also, yes, I see the cat. Best part. :P)

Thanks for the feedback. I used the Inika armor because I wanted to give them all a similarity, to make them look more like a team, using their torsos/weapons to distinguish them as you said. I agree that custom limbs would be a lot more interesting, but not really what I was going for.

The Matoran started out as a variation of the Voyatoran designs, but those legs were unfortunately the only ones that really worked with the design. I'm honestly not that happy with the Matoran, just shared them because they were finished. And yes, that is Furno's head...I was out of Mata red masks.  :) 

IetTsFQ.png

Yeah, I've been seeing a ton of MOCers using Furno's head in place of a mask. I personally don't care for it, but it certainly works in a jiffy. Still, I would probably get another red mask to replace it as soon as possible.

As for everything else, good job! I'm one of the few people who doesn't mind the Inika build, so these are extra awesome for me!

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png