Should the Skakdi have had Elemental Powers?

Skakdi having Elemental Powers  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here is a question I've been think about for a little while. Should the Skakdi have had elemental powers? We know that the Skakdi could only access them if they combined their powers with another Skakdi. But we rarely saw that used in the official story. Out of the six main Skakdi (the Piraka) that we had in the story, only Hakann and Avak used their elemental powers. And that was only one time in the story. 

This is kind of like a question I asked about Toa being able to form Kaita in another topic. Skakdi having elemental powers is cool, but its an ability we never saw the species use except for one exception. And its not like they needed them either. All Skakdi have vision powers, and the majority of them had another ability as well. Not to mention any possible weapons they could've had, like Hakann's Lava Launcher or Vezok's Harpoon to name a couple examples. 

Because of this, I personally believe that they shouldn't have had them. The Piraka certainly didn't need them when facing the Toa Nuva. And even if they had used their elemental powers more often, the Skakdi still had other abilities that helped to make them tough opponents. So I really don't think that they needed elemental powers on top of that.

But now I would like to see everyone else's opinions on this question. What do you guys think?

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I honestly don't really care either way, because the Skakdi were menacing enough without the powers (especially with their wide variety of vision abilities). That said, having another species that could use elemental powers like the Toa would be a neat counterpart to the usual heroes, and could have provided some neat storyline twists.

Other.

Here's why:

Vision power, special power (which were gnarly btw), and elemental power? That spells OP to me.

I think they should've had elemental resistance like the Matoran do of their elements, in addition to the other 2 powers. I like the idea of tribe affiliation and minor powers like the Matoran, but not actual powers.

• Upvote 2

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I agree with Archon~, though the elemental powers shows just how badly Spiriah messed up when he mutated the Skakdi. Orcish analogues to the Toa's elvish nature? That would have been fine. If I had to rewrite the Skakdi, I'd go for near-total resistance to one element depending on their element, dual weapons and the vision powers.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I agree with what's been said that the Skakdi should have elemental resistance. I don't have a problem with them having elemental powers, but they were used so little that there was virtually no purpose for them except to change their color schemes.

• Upvote 1

To be honest, I don't care. Maybe they didn't use them because the other powers they had were more interesting. Also, Skakdi being kind of violent and selfish made them unable to cooperato no most situations, so it really didn'r bug me that they rarely used their elemental powers.

Yes, they should. It is a unique idea of a power and also goes against the now-natural sense of selfishness and power-hunger. I may be wrong about this, but I don't think every Skakdi has a special/unique power.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Yes, they should. It is a unique idea of a power and also goes against the now-natural sense of selfishness and power-hunger. I may be wrong about this, but I don't think every Skakdi has a special/unique power.

They all do. Or should at least, as a species trait.

Zaktan didn't have one until later on, but that's due to his own weird nature. All the other Skakdi (excluding the half-mut Vezon), have had 3 powers.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

They all do. Or should at least, as a species trait.

Zaktan didn't have one until later on, but that's due to his own weird nature. All the other Skakdi (excluding the half-mut Vezon), have had 3 powers.

I just read up on BS01, and it says a large number of Skakdi have powers, but it appears to not be the supposed standard and they probably all got their powers at some point in their lives (that last part is a guess of mine).

I also like to think that Zaktan was always made of protodites, they being inactive until being blasted with such a powerful blast of energy (The Shadowed One) that the kinetic energy from the blast had made the protodites restless to the day he died, whether he suffocated, or exploded, or however it is he died in the canon as it currently stands (keeps changing :lol: ).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Ok, I have a pet theory on the Piraka's miscellaneous powers. Hakann's, Thok's, Reidak's, and Vezok's are pretty simple: psychic blasts, anthropomorphization, defensive adaptation, and multiple emulation. Avak, I'd say, originally had the power to create any object he could imagine, as long as it did not move and was not too complex, but training with the Dark Hunters changed his ability specifically to create cages. Zaktan's power, according to my theory, was autonomization: the ability to continue to control severed body parts. When he was disintegrated, every part of his body was separated from every other part and each became its own autonomous piece.

• Upvote 2

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins