Furnok, Bohrok Commander

Imatron

This is my entry for the Battle For The Gold Mask competition, wish me luck!

Furnok, Bohrok Commander

Front: 

Side:

Back:

Shield Up:

Shield Side:

Dual Shield:

Gallery:

Furnok is a prototype commander class bohrok, developed for the purpose of commanding local bohrok units in their tasks and acting as an offensive/defensive unit rather than a worker. Unfortunatley, one of many flaws was the range and ability to coordinate with other commander class units. Ultimatley, he and a number of other prototypes were deactivated and locked away to prevent conflicting with the units that would become the Bahrag queens, who were capable of commanding every bohrok across the island simultaneosly. 

But when you wake one, you wake them all, and Furnok was no different. Maddened by the conflicting programming and the control signal of the bohrok over the course of their use, he manged to break free, and stalked any land where he could detect bohrok in use. Before he came to his senses and left, he had managed to singlehandedly depose the elemental masters of a land, and forced their matoran into adopting war-games to become strong enough to protect themselves in their absense.

Design wise, this MOC might not be the prettiest, but he boasts a number of interesting features, particularly the flip out sheilds on both arms, akin to the design of the smaller Bohrok, which flip open when the hands are pushed into his wrists using parts from the old nui rama sets. His other notable features would include the unique features of his weight support system, most of which I developed myself (though great minds think alike, so maybe I wasnt the first to come up with the same ideas?).

I hope you guys like him, Im not sure Ill improve upon him any further (though I DID have a different cannon design in mind.) but I am open to suggestions.

Side note: I chose his name after poor Will Furno (Furno + Bohrok = Furnok) who's bike had to be scrapped to finish this despite already using up a spare box XP

• Upvote 1

That's a lot of orange! I love the shoulder weapons, and your description of the shields make them absolutely awesome. I also dig the story, and how he ties in with the Bohrok. The feet and lower legs look very cool, however the upper legs look a little thin and incomplete. They could use a little more width. I also think that the eyes could stand to be a different color; as it is, they are sort of washed out by the orange armor.

Nice work, and good luck in the competition.

IetTsFQ.png

I agree with you there, I actually tried to bulk up the upper legs, and even pad out some spots on his side/back, but I couldn't seem to find anything good that didn't restrict mobility too much for my taste. I thought about the eyes too, but I grew fond of them, the flash did something to them and they kind of lost their trans/dark colors in the process.