Kraazyk, Makuta of Fate

_Artakha_

Makuta Kraazyk

Entry Image

Gallery (when public, obviously)

MOC

The initial design for this MoC was made a little while back. I was trying to make a humanoid figure with a lot more articulation than the average set. When I saw this contest I figured I’d take that jumble of mostly black parts and make it the best I could. He features the usual shoulder, elbow, hand, hip, knee, foot and neck articulation. He also has 1 additional point of articulation in each shoulder, and 2 more points of articulation along his spine, although in filling out the armor one of those was mostly lost. I will likely upload more photos later to give more of an idea as to what I mean and how he's built, though I'm sure you geniuses out there have already figured it all out before I even typed this sentence. You clever MoCists you. Anyway, C&CC are more than welcome. The following is the back-story for the MoC if you care to read it.

BIO

History

Kraazyk was the last of the Makuta created by the Great Spirit, and was often considered the least among his brothers. He did, however do his job of creating Rahi very well, having a tendency toward making more intelligent species as opposed to others who preferred fangs, teeth, and slime over brains. When Miserix allotted territories, Kraazyk got a small island to the southwest of the universe inhabited by Ce- De- Vo- and Bo-Matoran.

On his first time on the island he encountered a Ce-Matoran attempting to escape one of Chirox' less friendly creations. After blasting the thing with chain lightning, he begrudgingly took her back to her village on the southern edge of the island. Along the way she called him a Toa, and although he replied that he was far beyond any Toa, she said he was still a hero to her. Over time this village became his fortress and he became quite fond of the villagers of the island, especially the Ce-Matoran he saved. That Ce-Matoran later became a Toa, and her armor was similar to the form Kraazyk had when he had saved her, but hers is a tale for another day.

As the centuries passed he became less interested in creating Rahi and began seeking out legendary weapons, masks, and tools. Those that he did not give to the Brotherhood he kept for himself, eventually amassing one of the largest collections of rare and legendary relics in the universe. He also had an extensive library for research. When Teridax revealed his plan, Kraazyk sided with him once it was clear Miserix would be outnumbered. Little changed for Kraazyk after this, he continued seeking legendary items and caring for the needs of his little island. Along with the other Makuta, he purged his inner light, but due to the attachment he had developed for the people of his island he was unable to do so fully.

A few centuries before the Great Cataclysm, Kraazyk found a legendary item beyond any other he had ever encountered. The Blade of Fate. Discerning it's power, he decided to have a talk with Teridax. Without flinching, Kraazyk explained the Blade's powers and demanded to know what Teridax was withholding with regard to the Plan. Teridax, knowing he could not hold his own against Kraazyk as long as he held the Blade, told him the Plan in it's true entirety, including numerous back up plans and the fact that all other Makuta would be eliminated. Kraazyk then made Teridax an offer, Kraazyk would keep the Blade, do all that Teridax needed for the Plan to succeed, and keep the knowledge to himself. Then, when the plan was done, Teridax would spare Kraazyk. Teridax agreed and things progressed as per usual, the rest of the Brotherhood never knowing of the exchange.

When Teridax took control of the Universe he kept his word and did not kill Kraazyk. Instead Teridax showed Kraazyk a vision of his island being reduced to burning rubble by Rahkshi and then Teridax opened a dimensional portal and threw Kraazyk out of the Universe. Since then Kraazyk has been dimension hopping, trying to return to the one thing he actually cared about and exact his revenge on Teridax. His travels have taken him many places, and now finally to the "Okotoverse". Hearing of the legendary masks of power and believing them as a potential way to return home, he is willing to crush whoever and whatever gets in his way.

Abilities and Traits

Kraazyk has access to all the powers standard to a Makuta. He is particularly skilled with creating intelligent Rahi, such as Keetongu, Krahka, and Artakha Bulls. He has become adept at handling strange tech and materials due to his extensive multiversal travels. He trained with various Dark Hunter's and Toa in using a variety of powers through his Blade and is skilled in hand to hand combat. Kraazyk was known and despised by his fellow Makuta for being unusually honest for a Makuta, although he built up the reputation intentionally, making him one of the best liars in the Brotherhood. It is extremely unpredictable as to how he will handle any given situation, as he may charge in obliterating anything in his way, be patient and manipulative, or he may even assist others in order to earn their help. After being cast out by Teridax, Kraazyk was able to fully drain the light from himself. However, he still remembers the Ce-Matoran who called him a Toa and this has at times given him the strength to show some restraint, though he has never held back if he thought it would cost him a chance to get home.

Weapons and Tools

He bears the Blade of Fate, a sword crafted out of protosteel by Artakha and then exposed to energized protodermis. It is completely indestructible and will reshape itself if anything were to try reconstituting it. In battle it allows him to mimic with equal power the abilities of his foe, however it relies on his skill and training to use the abilities. It also serves as a source of endless power, thus making abilities that require large amounts of energy, such as shape shifting, much easier to perform. Outside of battle it allows him to see the destiny of another and know any secret they may withhold from him, though this requires an extreme amount of focus, he must be within line of sight of the subject, it can be blurred if he is emotionally attached to the subject, and it will not allow him to see his own destiny.

He wears a Kanohi Miru, Great Mask of Levitation, as he often refused to touch the ground outside his own lands due to his arrogant nature as a Makuta.

• Upvote 4

It looks quite neat, I like the over all design, however the character itself doesn't really give the feel of a Makuta. Not to mention the contest has one too many Makuta MOCs already, this looks more like a high ranking for a Makuta.

Not every Makuta has to be black and red and look like a bat. :P

And why shouldn't there be more? Are you saying it's first-come-first-serve on that? :lol:

Personally, as far as MOCing goes, I really don't care what you call it as long as it looks cool, which this certainly does. Good work. :)

Edited by Chro
  • Upvote 2

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

It looks quite neat, I like the over all design, however the character itself doesn't really give the feel of a Makuta. Not to mention the contest has one too many Makuta MOCs already, this looks more like a high ranking for a Makuta.

Thanks. I do understand what you mean with regard to not looking like the average Makuta, fortunately I do not believe that that is too big a factor in the judging. Though to be honest, I wouldn't expect a member of a shapeshifting species to look like the average member of his species, especially after an unspecified ammount of time in alternate realities :P As far as the number of Makuta that have been entered, while I agree it's probaby over used, it is a contest to build the ultimate villain. What villain tops the Makuta for a Bionicle fan?

Not every Makuta has to be black and red and look like a bat. :P

And why shouldn't there be more? Are you saying it's first-come-first-serve on that? :lol:

Personally, as far as MOCing goes, I really don't care what you call it as long as it looks cool, which this certainly does. Good work. :)

See what I said above with regard to Makuta :lol: Anyway, thanks. I think he looks cool too :P

Well, this is one original Makuta! I love the "Night Vision" theme his color combo gives him!

Thank you, I put quite some effort into making the color scheme solid. I don't think any other MoC I've made has caused as many casualties among my other MoC's as this guy has in scavenging for pieces. I also used almost all of my trans neon green pieces.

• 2 weeks later...

Yowza!  This is wonderful stuff.  Just enough translucent neon green to make it look as if his Antidermis essence is bubbling through his armor.  That sword is the perfect example of complex construction with a simple, elegant result.  The cloak brings everything together.  Love the chains accenting the chest armor.  Fantastic work!

• Upvote 1

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

Though I find a Miru strangely out-of-place on a Makuta, that neon-green looks lovely for his color scheme.

Yowza!  This is wonderful stuff.  Just enough translucent neon green to make it look as if his Antidermis essence is bubbling through his armor.  That sword is the perfect example of complex construction with a simple, elegant result.  The cloak brings everything together.  Love the chains accenting the chest armor.  Fantastic work!

Thanks! The MoC was initially mostly black with some grey (including the chains) and I wanted to add some color. I used the Miru purely out of the want to use it and the color sceme worked itself out with me using almost if not all of my trans-neon green. The antidermis feel it gave was one of the reasons I decided to make him a Makuta. I never thought it'd be too odd for a Makuta to have a Miru at his disposal, or maybe even have shapeshifted it to look like one like Teridax made the Kraahkan look like a infected Hau. I've never actually put much effort into making a big broadsword before, I'm glad I pulled it off so well :D My dad actually bought Vezon and Fenrakk off eBay for me just so I could have the cloak. I'm really glad it worked so well (plus I got a new set I hadn't gotten before) Again, thanks for the reviews. I'll probably upload some more pics when I have the time.

Though I find a Miru strangely out-of-place on a Makuta, that neon-green looks lovely for his color scheme.

Thanks! The MoC was initially mostly black with some grey (including the chains) and I wanted to add some color. I used the Miru purely out of the want to use it and the color sceme worked itself out with me using almost if not all of my trans-neon green. The antidermis feel it gave was one of the reasons I decided to make him a Makuta. I never thought it'd be too odd for a Makuta to have a Miru at his disposal, or maybe even have shapeshifted it to look like one like Teridax made the Kraahkan look like a infected Hau. I've never actually put much effort into making a big broadsword before, I'm glad I pulled it off so well :D My dad actually bought Vezon and Fenrakk off eBay for me just so I could have the cloak. I'm really glad it worked so well (plus I got a new set I hadn't gotten before) Again, thanks for the reviews. I'll probably upload some more pics when I have the time.

You're quite welcome, can't wait to see more from you.  The Mask of Creation suits you well!

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

• 2 weeks later...

You're quite welcome, can't wait to see more from you.  The Mask of Creation suits you well!

Well, thank you again! It was no easy task winning it. Karzahni's still jealous. :lol: I've been quite busy if late so I haven't had time to take pics, but I will be uploading some more Kraazyk soon and I'll also be uploading what was going to be my second entry had I finished him in time.

This guy looks great. Very solid build and color scheme, and I love the sword. His appearance hovers between a Makuta and a Toa, very much fitting his backstory.

Many thanks. As I've already rambled on about a great deal, I worked a ton on the build and color scheme. Many MoCs were abolished in a quest for black pins and the like. The sword I am pleasently surprised by. In the past with larger MoCs I simply made something like a spear or some other hulking complex thing for them to wield, but here I decided to make a more elegent weapon and still have it be big enough for a titan to wield. It seems to have done it's job well. I had honestly only kinda thought about his appearance being a mix like that, but that is a good point. That may have been part of why I gave him the backstory I did. That and I'm in general a fan of villians with something they still care about. Kinda like Kahn in Star Trek or maybe Red from the Blacklist.

Anywho, thanks all for the comments, 'tis a pleasure to have posted another MoC, it's been a while it seems.