How should the main protectors be named ?

I Exist

I am trying to think of the wimpiest possible names for the Protectors. So far I have:

Protector of Ice: Snowflake

Protector of Water: Puddle (used to be Mister Fishy)

Protector of Stone: Gravel

Protector of Jungle: Leaf (used to be Grass)

Edited by Spiffy247

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

I am trying to think of the wimpiest possible names for the Protectors. So far I have:

Protector of Ice: Snowflake

Protector of Water: Mister Fishy

Protector of Stone: Pebble

Fix'd.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

If they are going to stay relevant in the story, they could give them names of some of the past Kanohi masks.

Fire: Calix

Water: Elda

Jungle: Suletu

Stone: Garai

Earth: Pakari

Ice: Iden

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

They seem to be  Neo-Turaga, though the story from the Site suggests they're actually matoran of elevated status. They wear a mask of Power that is handed down through the ages. So it makes sense that they'll receive names. Maybe Legal was late with their name list, or Lego wants to be cautious with spilling names before they know the product, you know, actually is successful?  If i recall correctly, a name cost $10K to clear through legal. And many old names were not appreciated by the Maori, which is why Mata Nui isn't called that (twice!) 

Also, source:

The Protectors wear sacred Elemental Masks that have been passed down through the generations from father to son along with the Prophecy of Heroes, which foretells the coming of Tahu and his allies. In their wisdom, the Protectors must guide the heroes on their quest.

So yea. Also, procreation.

There is much "old!canon" to be canonized. E.g. how Toa come to be and the nature of these protectors. I hope the new story team can live up to the reputation of Greg, because he was absolutely a blast. But i for one would like to see some more freshness than just rehashing much that is already known.

redb.jpg

I think it'd be kind of cool if we combined names of the Toa Metru and Mahri, since they were the most focused on characters from Mata Nui other than the Toa, Takua and Makuta.

Fire: Jalama or Vakler

Water: Hahama or Nokli

Air: Mangu or Kotau

Stone: Onekii or Hewwa

Earth: Whearu or Nupnua

Ice: Nuoro or Matju

Yes I know they sound ridicilous.

Honestly, I'd be happy with ether Metru, Mahri or brand new names.

• Upvote 1

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I absolutely do not want them to share names with anyone who has come before. Further the separation.

At the same time, I absolutely wish very, very much that they at least had names, but that is looking almost obnoxiously unlikely.

~|ET|~

• Upvote 2

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely do not want them to share names with anyone who has come before. Further the separation.

At the same time, I absolutely wish very, very much that they at least had names, but that is looking almost obnoxiously unlikely.

~|ET|~

In that case, I think I got you covered in the "no name sharing" department:

Protector of Fire: Reis

Protector of Water: Valian

Protector of Jungle: Nagis

Protector of Stone: Daruud

Protector of Ice: Ventus

Protector of Earth: Erebus

Edited by Boxorak the Azure Noob

Statements (Mouseover to view): <1> <2> <3> <4> <5> <6> <7><8> <9>

My MOCs:
Characters- Makuta Dys Makuta Kamazotz Lord Vladek The Helmsmith Protector OCs Skull Whaler Skull Warden

Creatures- Verdelisk Lord of Skull Spiders BBC Contest #69: Kahu Oko Taku

Let's call them Flame, Bow, Harpoon, Drill, Saw and Blast. A callback to the REALLY old days!

After 15 years, Torch, Amazon, Scuba, Electro, Ski, and Granite have finally returned. 

What's great is all of those fit perfectly except for Ski and Electro. 

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

If I had to choose between old names from Generation 1 or completely new names, I'd go with new names.

I actually don't mind the Protectors being called by their occupations for the sake of marketing, but I feel that their real names should be left blank for people to personally interpret what they are.

I think it'd be kind of cool if we combined names of the Toa Metru and Mahri, since they were the most focused on characters from Mata Nui other than the Toa, Takua and Makuta.

Fire: Jalama or Vakler

Water: Hahama or Nokli

Air: Mangu or Kotau

Stone: Onekii or Hewwa

Earth: Whearu or Nupnua

Ice: Nuoro or Matju

Yes I know they sound ridicilous.

Honestly, I'd be happy with ether Metru, Mahri or brand new names.

Mangu, the protector of mangos.

My BZPRPG Profiles

Johk - Gerox - Skebran - Samoh

The Asylum: Nakton - Kuraz - Empu

~|ET|~

In that case, I think I got you covered in the "no name sharing" department:

Protector of Fire: Reis

Protector of Water: Valian

Protector of Jungle: Nagis

Protector of Stone: Daruud

Protector of Ice: Ventus

Protector of Earth: Erebus

Someone suggested those exact same names on TFW,

But I've got names floating around, so I'll just type 'em down,

Ice: Naiyonka

Fire: Freayos

Earth: Onukamma

Water: Nusamma

Stone: Stensa

Jungle: Amalos

Edited by Petewa

Just like I don't think they should be given the names of past characters...

Completely random fan names are an even worse idea. There will never be a consensus, most don't make sense, and it's just generally going to be more confusing than anything else.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Guys guys, someone found the name of the Ice Protector or should I say Yuan :D

OK. Evidence would be nice. Or are you pulling a Gali and failing to tell a joke?

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Most of them can either be named by the prominent matorian from Mata Nui/Inika (with Onepu as the exception instead of Nuparu), or the Voya-toran. They actually fit the voya-toran manner a lot better. Weapons, trained to fight and defend, adventuring across the island guiding the Toa

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

How about no....

Edit: Mata-nui please...

Aww come on, I'm not a fan, but really; I find Pinkie pie painful (and assuredly not because of the added alliterative appeal), Applejack a bit odd next to the others but contextually it makes just as much sense as the others. Twilight Sparkle? Rainbow Dash? It's sweetbright, but the other names aren't stomach-sickingly sweet? :3

Embrace the Rainbow :P (Except not like that. !Unless you want to~ But definitely not that!)

Edited by Iblis

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Let's call them Flame, Bow, Harpoon, Drill, Saw and Blast. A callback to the REALLY old days!

After 15 years, Torch, Amazon, Scuba, Electro, Ski, and Granite have finally returned.

What's great is all of those fit perfectly except for Ski and Electro.

This is a fantastic idea and I don't even care if some of them don't fit. I will darn well refer to the Protector of Earth as "Electro" and nobody can stop me

also gonna refer to the "Mask Maker" in the summer sets as Jet now. I don't even care that he has a canon name already :P

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

How about:

• Twilight Sparkle
  • Rainbow Dash
  • Pinkie Pie
  • Rarity
  • Fluttershy
  • Applejack
Wouldn't those names create large legal issues?
Nah. I think it'd be alright :P

Until we got official names I'm hopping on the Turaga Names Bandwagon

"It's got a great defense mechanism... you don't dare kill it..."

alien_isolation_6_0.jpg