How should the main protectors be named ?

I Exist

Maybe the some thing to do with the elements

Maybe the some thing to do with the elements.

Hmm, here's a thought. Perhaps they could be named after the Rahaga?

Norik, Protector of Fire

Gaaki, Protector of Water

Iruini, Protector of air Jungle

Bomonga, Protector of Earth

Pouks, Protector of Stone

Kualas, Protector of Ice.

For some reason, I think Norik and Bomonga fit the Fire and Earth Protectors really well. Might be just me though. 

Edited by Toa Chronix
  • Upvote 1

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

I personally think that the Protectors should have totally new names, but they should still be somewhat Bionicle-esque like the six Toa (or masters, whatever). Since all of the original Toa's names were reused, I can understand why someone would want the Turaga's names to be reused for the Protectors, but that would just be too much in my opinion. A reboot should be new, and albeit I like how LEGO is still paying some homage to old Bionicle fans, I'd rather that new and interesting names be created, not recycled.

• Upvote 2

justin_verceles

Well, assuming they actually have personalities to go along with them, I think we'll have to wait and see. The Masters seem very akin to the Mata in terms of design and personality, but the Protectors look unlike anything we've seen before. If they are pretty much the equivalent of the Turaga or Matoran, then I wouldn't mind them having the same names.

-NotS

I dunno, Lewa sounds like a cross between classic Lewa and Matau (with the recklessness), classic Tahu didn't have an issue with forgetfulness, classic Kopaka wasn't a klutz, we couldn't tell whether or not classic Gali could tell a joke because she didn't seem given to humor... there have been changes. I would expect variances in the Protectors even if they did have the Turaga names.

Alternate idea: give the current generation of Protectors the Ignika/Mahri names, and have the Turaga names be the names of the current Protectors' parents.

Alternate idea:

Given new characters new names, or if they're going to be left blank, why not Ebauche (Stone),Nescris (Water), Kosong (Earth), Bijel (Ice), & Leeg (Jungle)!

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Honestly all I want is for the protectors to have names the fandom can agree on, both recycled or new are okay so long as everyone here would think of the right protector when you say their fan names.

Alternate idea:

Given new characters new names, or if they're going to be left blank, why not Ebauche (Stone),Nescris (Water), Kosong (Earth), Bijel (Ice), & Leeg (Jungle)!

I get the feeling those names have a deeper meaning but I cant figure it out.

I get the feeling those names have a deeper meaning but I cant figure it out.

They all could very roughly be translated as "blank", + a few 'bonuses', the Bijel is (also) Croation for white, and well the Ice Tribe is mostly white, Kosong is (also) Malaysian for empty but in some poetry it's basically been used in the sense of a void (typically in a cave) but I was reeeeeaching there :)

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

I personally think they should be named after the Turaga in some way, or given some relation to them because they seem to be taking the place of the role of the Turaga as guides for the Toa. I know the Turaga were village elders in their original concept, but that doesn't mean these guys could be "elders" who can fend for themselves while they guide the Toa on their journey of self discovery. They did play a major role in laying Ekimu to "rest" and summoning the Toa.

And with that, that just means they need to release some non-protector villagers to go with them, haha.