Interesting Bionicle Finds Topic

UnderscoreChronix

I found Makuta at Goodwill for $3, only missing 2 minor pieces. I found Tahu Nuva for 25 cents at a yard sale, and also 2 Kopaka sets. I found a complete Tahu set at Goodwill for $2 with the canister and instructions. I found a bag with Toa Hahli Mahri and the blue Piraka for 25 cents for the bag at a yard sale as well.

I just found a mostly complete STORMER 3.0 set at Goodwill for $3... Not sure if that counts, though.

I also found a sealed JET ROCKA set at Goodwill for $15, and Von Nebula for $1.49. Still not sure ifthey count though.

• Upvote 1

Not bad KF, that's a cheap Von Nebula! It kinda doesn't count because it isn't Bionicle but I think it's probably fine to discuss it here anyway!

Also, this;

10647093_10152841425321763_2559692953606

• Upvote 5

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Not bad KF, that's a cheap Von Nebula! It kinda doesn't count because it isn't Bionicle but I think it's probably fine to discuss it here anyway!

Also, this;

10647093_10152841425321763_2559692953606

oh my [jimminy crickets], how the - did you get that?

Edited by Makaru
word filter bypass
  • Upvote 1

Came for the sets, stayed for the story.

I got it as part of a BIG bundle recently, the last remnants of this chaps collection. I also got a Piraka display case with light up eyes which perhaps I'll share later :D It's very cool though, is currently not displayed which is a real shame but will be soon when I finish my other mask displays. I'm building a little grail in the bedroom (missus loves it hah)

Munty, that banner is siiiiick! This isn't super recent, but I scored a complete boxed + instructions Ultimate Dume on eBay last year for $10. Only 2 bags or so were opened, the rest mint in sealed bags. Of course I had to pay $30 shipping to Canada, but so worth it

Looking for VMKK, GPKK, SSKK, and a gold Kanoka. PM if you have / know of any for sale!

I got it as part of a BIG bundle recently, the last remnants of this chaps collection. I also got a Piraka display case with light up eyes which perhaps I'll share later :D It's very cool though, is currently not displayed which is a real shame but will be soon when I finish my other mask displays. I'm building a little grail in the bedroom (missus loves it hah)

So lucky! Sounds like an amazing find, hope to see that Piraka case pic soon. :)

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I got a sealed Mutran and Vican a while ago for £12 :)

That sounds like a great deal. I just got my own boxed  M+V for £8 but was opened very badly as they'd actually cut through the top flap with scissors and then unglued the side flap too. Is a real mess so am still looking for a better one!!!

Here is the Piraka display case. Apologies for the poor pic and also note he's come unstuck on his journey home! I opened up the top and fied him back to the case but the design isn't great for the Piraka sets as the rubber spines essentially push against the back of it. Seems to be a lot more space in the Glatorian one I have (though Piraka are way cooler so meh)

1910145_10152841435676763_57009134463721

• Upvote 7

Um, I remember getting a collection with mostly complete Roodaka, Krekka, Dume/Nivawk, Nidhikki, Morak, Black Vahki, White Vahki (new to me) as well as spares of Takanuva/Ussani, Defilak, Dekar, Matoro Inika, Kongu Inika, Vezok, Thok, Nuvhok, Green Vahki, Blue Vahki and other parts, like a ton of Toa Mata/Nuva parts on eBay for £20 + £4 shipping.

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

Thanks NotS it is pretty cool! I'm curious as to how many of these display pieces actually exist (variety wise I mean not count) as I doubt it'll be every single canister set. I know they date back as far as Visorak but not sure if they go earlier than that. Also I think it may be only one set per wave as I have a Mata Nui Glatorian case and MC has Toa Tahu, both of whom were kind of the 'main' sets of their waves. Not sure if I'd class Vezok as the main Piraka but who knows...

Back in 2008, I found the canister (box? bag? rinky dink cardboard thingamajig?) to photok at goodwill. It was $3. Me and my brother were super excited, as photok was the one winter 2008 set we didn't have.

Now, you'll have to understand that my family has never been wealthy. Or middle class. So to me and my brother, $3 was kind of a lot of money. My mom said she would buy the set for us, but we would have to earn the money back at home and pay her back before we could open it.

Me and him worked our tiny little derrieres off for the next five weeks. When we finally got it, we opened the canister ( capsule?) to find.... an empty canister ( bottle?).

We were not amused.

Does finding a sealed Whenua Hordika in my Gran's unused freezer 1 or 2 years ago count? Should I have not opened it? Because I did.

• Upvote 2

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

Got all of this for £13.75!

dscn9690.jpg

• Upvote 2

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

A while ago  I found a full set of (incomplete/some built wrong) Toa Mata, incomplete Toa Nuparu, a bunch of parts and 3 Vahki (Keerahk was 100% complete, Rorzahk was missing one weapon and Nuurahk was just missing the disk) for £15 on eBay. It also came with a Technic motorbike which wasn't even shown in the listing, so yay for that. 

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

The best deal I can remember was about a month ago.

- Teridax (just missing his head/mask, and one Avohkii)

- All six Vahki except for the green one

- Whenua Metru

- All six Turaga (Nokama and Nuju didn't have their staffs, and there was just one rubber band)

- Onua Mata

- Lewa Mata (missing staff)

- Kopaka Mata

- Onua Nuva

- Lewa Nuva

- Pohatu Nuva

- Tahu Nuva (without his mask)

- Guurahk (without head)

- Vorahk (without staff)

- Kohrak Kal

- Lehvak

- All six Bohrok Va complete with Krana

- Ehrye

- Nuhrii

-Matau Hordika

- A handful of additional Krana

- A couple of additional Kraata

- About six Mata/Nuva masks in interesting colors

- A handful of spare parts

All for $40 with free shipping.

I also got Onua Nuva (with canister and instructions), Turahk (with canister), Vakama Hordika (with canister), Onewa Metru (with canister and isntructions), Zadakh (with canister and instructions), and Bordakh (with canister and instructions), all for $16 including shipping and in perfect condition.

Oh yeah, also all six Bohrok in perfect condition with all of their canisters and instructions, as well as Lehvak Kal with canister and instructions, for $30!

Now I have to stay off of eBay so I don't blow my Bionicle 2015 budget on more awesome deals...

IetTsFQ.png

This isn't a find at a store or on eBay, but rather probably the least statistically likely acquisition of a rare collectible ever: in 2005, my friend's mother found a WMKK lying on the sidewalk in a nondescript part of Vancouver.

This was coincidentally shortly after I had discovered BZPower and this old topic, so I knew what a WMKK was and quickly identified it as such. My friend was really into Lego but not so much into collectibles, so we organized a trade for it and I've had it ever since.

As a result of its tenure as a resident of the land of concrete, it's pretty beat up, and doesn't have the card or bag. But it's a WMKK nonetheless.

-Letagi

• Upvote 2

This isn't a find at a store or on eBay, but rather probably the least statistically likely acquisition of a rare collectible ever: in 2005, my friend's mother found a WMKK lying on the sidewalk in a nondescript part of Vancouver.

This was coincidentally shortly after I had discovered BZPower and this old topic, so I knew what a WMKK was and quickly identified it as such. My friend was really into Lego but not so much into collectibles, so we organized a trade for it and I've had it ever since.

As a result of its tenure as a resident of the land of concrete, it's pretty beat up, and doesn't have the card or bag. But it's a WMKK nonetheless.

-Letagi

Finding a WMKK. That is just too cool.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

Nice find TomRoid! You should use bricklink to complete them.  Back on topic, I recently got the orange Vahi, gold Vahi and a disk of time from ebay for £12.00.

On it! I've already been using it to complete several BIONICLE models.