Balkazir, Mayazakt, Brawg, and Falmah

Nescent

Contest entries #6-9!

First up: Balkazir.

balkazir_shielding_large_re_embed.jpg

Click for larger image.

Gallery

This curious rock construct is often seen aimlessly wandering Okoto. Although Balkazir is nothing more than a machine, he seems to have been built with the gift of curiosity - he is caught exploring, inspecting, learning, always interested in his surroundings. The Matoran villagers are intrigued by his complicated and mysterious personality, and many wish to attempt communicating with the collosal beast - none such attempt has been made, however, due to his destructive nature.

Unfortunately, Balkazir appears to be evil, unlike his gentle displays of wonder might suggest; he is responsible for the destruction of many villages, and for the deaths of countless villagers. The massive saw at his side tears through even the thickest walls, and no Matoran stands a chance at breaking through his rock armor. Many theorize that Balkazir's sole purpose is to maintain the status of the environment, for he has destroyed all unnatural constructions in his path, and treats nature dearly. It will sadly remain a mystery, unless his creator is one day discovered.

----------

Entry number seven ties in slightly with Balkazir. Here is a photo of the two of them together. He is: Mayazakt.

mayazakt_re_pounce_front_embed.jpg
Click for larger image.

What is Mayazakt? A few years ago, the curious rock robot Balkazir unearthed an ancient tomb, awakening this creature from its slumber. Whitnesses claim that the fiery beast, now known as Mayazakt, emerged from the dark chamber, stretched like a cat, then proceeded to communicate verbally with Balkazir in an unrecognizable language. It then wandered off into the desert and began to hunt wild Rahi.

Although Mayazakt is fiery in color, it tends to occupy desert areas. It is questionable who or what created it, and what its purpose is, although findings within the tomb hint that it may have been worshiped in some dead civilization. The feline-like monster attacks with deadly swipes, clawing its enemies and leaving a fiery mark - although it does not show any other traits suggesting the Fire element. In fact, it is questionable whether Mayazakt is a machine at all - by all accounts, it appears to be biological! But if that's so, then could there be more? Where are the rest? One can only hope that Mayazact is unique, and that it will stay away from the villages, for when desert game runs scarce, villagers become quite appetizing to the hungry cat.

----------

The third entry in this post is Brawg.

brawg_idle_1_embed.jpg

Click for larger image.

Gallery

Brawg is a brainless brute who dwells within murky underground tunnels. He creates these tunnels using two massive drills, which sink into rock seamlessly. He's never seen the sun, and is blinded by bright lights - however, he is an absolute menace to underground villages.

Spin the gears to rotate the drills!

----------

And finally, my most recent entry: Falmah, Queen of Skull Spiders.

falmah_idle_2_embed.jpg

Click for larger image.

Gallery

Because the gallery is not yet public, here are a few deeplinks:

"Menace"

"Walking"

"Eggs"

"Sack"

"Face"

"Lunch"

I haven't written a description yet, however it should be obvious from the name and photos that she is the skull spider queen. She carries eggs (green zamor spheres) in her back, and uses her stinger, claws and legs to attack.

---------

You may also discuss my previous entry Zerix if you'd like, since I never made a topic for him.

Link to previous entries.

Thanks for stopping by!  :happydance:

Edited by Jeordeon
  • Upvote 5

IetTsFQ.png

God... These are rather amazing in my opinion. Mayazakt is probably my least favorite, but the rest of them are simply amazing. If I had to actually list a favorite I would say Brawg, and that is mainly due to his hands/weapons/drills. I am adoring the design of them

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

God... These are rather amazing in my opinion. Mayazakt is probably my least favorite, but the rest of them are simply amazing. If I had to actually list a favorite I would say Brawg, and that is mainly due to his hands/weapons/drills. I am adoring the design of them

Thanks. Glad you like the drills; rotating the gear on each arm causes them to spin. :) 

What don't you like about Mayazakt?

IetTsFQ.png

I think it's just the body part of him seems a bit.. bulky, and the tail seems almost too thin/small for the body

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Now THOSE are awesome!  I particularly like Balkazir and Brawg.  All I can say is that the tail on Brawg could use a little bit of cleaning up.  Extremely strong entries overall. 

I agree with you about Brawg; he's absolutely my messiest entry so far. I had a bunch of Visorak feet that I wanted to use, so I just kind of slapped them all together...I was a little exhausted from building the first two :P 

IetTsFQ.png

These entries are all wicked!! Seriously, the sheer amount you have so far is impressive, man. Well done! However, I have a qualm with Falmah's face; it appears rather masculine due to what seems like a moustache wildly sitting there. Also, Mayazakt looks a bit too Rahi-esque to fit the theme of villain, but other than these two minor qualms, I think you did a great job on all of this. Absolutely terrific job, once again.

:tohu:

• Upvote 1

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

I have a qualm with Falmah's face; it appears rather masculine due to what seems like a moustache wildly sitting there.

Haha yes I was a little worried about this; I was originally going to make her some kind of spider king, hence the somewhat masculine face. The mustache is actually four tentacles, but I guess it looks that way in the photo...oh well!

IetTsFQ.png