Racial Purposes

We all know the Matoran are workers, the Toa defenders, the Turaga the leaders and Makuta made Rahi. But what are the purposes of the other races on the MU scale? To keep things simple, let's focus on the named races: Vortixx and Skakdi. What purpose did they serve in the MU 'body'? Any ideas?

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I'd say they were meant for other occupations. They might have carried out tasks the Great Beings didn't wish the Matoran to have (for example, weapon manufacture) or didn't believe them to be capable of. It might also be that it wasn't the Great Beings who created them in the first place. Mata Nui decided, for some reason, that the Matoran alone weren't enough and so he created others (like, for instance, he created the Barraki species, if I remember correctly).

Alternaitvely, they might have been an experiment. The Great Beings weren't sure which nanotech species would perform the best, so they sent inside the MU a number of them and reasoned that once the best was selected Mata Nui would get rid of the others.

Keep in mind that whatever their intention, things didn't go as planned. First of all, they reached a degree of sentience the Great Beings weren't planning for. Secondly, Mata Nui didn't pay as much attention to his inner workings as he should have. Finally, evil entered the universe, so to speak. First the Barraki rebellion, then the Dark Hunters and the Makuta upset the way the universe was supposed to work. The Skakdi, for instance, weren't originally savage. They were corrupted by Makuta Spiriah. The Vortixx, also, were turned into weapon manufacturers by Pridak (though he might have still been acting in conformity to Mata Nui's will when he did that). This probably happened elsewhere as well. So you really can't decide whether a species was meant for a purpose or not based on what they became later on.

• Upvote 2

632461607_Bannerdefinitivopiccolo.png.8e4bc632ba965c6eaef9247ce71df1d7.png
My collection of epics: The Sanctum of Writing