How many eye colors would you like to see in 2015?

Nescent

How many eye colors would you like to see in 2015?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But they should at least try to stick with some of the established concepts.

If there were a list of established concepts, how many things would be on it? and if they were to be ordered by importance by different people, how many things might show up before this on such a list for however many people?

Whilst my 'default' is that Onu-Matoran have green eyes, but I really don't see how this sort of thing invites "try to stick"; there are plenty of things they have stuck with. You could have given some reasons why this in particular warrants that sort of response.

I could guess that it's possibly because eye-colour may be a very noticeable feature so changing it more jarring than changing other thing (armour pieces aren't the same; but the general bulky here, thinner there, head this height is very similar), but I would counter that with is a change from all-of-X have Y to generally X have Y such a huge change, & overall there are more consistent motifs that ultimately outweigh this difference? There would be different opinions, but it would open up things a bit quicker...

'Cause whilst I'm in no rush to see an Onua with purple eyes, I don't really see how that leads to a "removing established concepts is bad", which is what your very short post implies...

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

LIGHT TRANSLUCENT PURPLE
DARK TRANSLUCENT PURPLE
LIGHT TRANSLUCENT PURPLE
DARK TRANSLUCENT PURPLE
LIGHT TRANSLUCENT PURPLE

DARK TRANSLUCENT PURPLE

The light blue is good too.

• Upvote 1

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

I see you favor purple. You must be a Sangheili. :)

Had to google that, so I guess I'm not... :P

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

:P well it was a pretty vage reference.

Really? I hate Halo and I know what a Sangheili is. It's that thing that will always kill you and send you back 15 minutes in the game.

O_O hate? Halo? What...

Really? I hate Halo and I know what a Sangheili is. It's that thing that will always kill you and send you back 15 minutes in the game.

My knowledge of Halo comes entirely from the first few seasons of Arby 'n' the Chief and Red vs. Blue...

• Upvote 1

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

honestly? bring back the classic individual eye colours. it was one of those things that helped give the toa some individuality imo, especially back in the days where that wasnt as easily accomplished

sure theres a lot more possibility for variety in builds nowadays, but having individual eye colours would still be a really neat touch.

• Upvote 4

bionicle is trans culture

:blink: Hate Halo? Wat?

I started to dislike Halo when I found better games...         no, I hate Call of Duty as well just like anyone who have not been affected by this Swag that is going on in the world.

honestly? bring back the classic individual eye colours. it was one of those things that helped give the toa some individuality imo, especially back in the days where that wasnt as easily accomplished

sure theres a lot more possibility for variety in builds nowadays, but having individual eye colours would still be a really neat touch.

I could agree on that.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I don't mind having some figures share eye color, but I wish there was one more color to balance out the sea of trans-neon green. Personally, I would add trans-orange eyes to the mix and give them to Gali and Pohatu (along with their respective Protectors).

I don't mind having some figures share eye color, but I wish there was one more color to balance out the sea of trans-neon green. Personally, I would add trans-orange eyes to the mix and give them to Gali and Pohatu (along with their respective Protectors).

I might get some flak for saying this, but I really want something other than trans-orange because it's overused. I definitely would like to see it thrown in the mix, but if that's the only new color we get then I will be disappointed. Give us trans pink, or purple, or one of the darker colors, just do something a little different for the first time in years. Did they use any interesting colors in Hero Factory? I'm not familiar with the later year's sets.

IetTsFQ.png

I might get some flak for saying this, but I really want something other than trans-orange because it's overused. I definitely would like to see it thrown in the mix, but if that's the only new color we get then I will be disappointed. Give us trans pink, or purple, or one of the darker colors, just do something a little different for the first time in years. Did they use any interesting colors in Hero Factory? I'm not familiar with the later year's sets.

The only transparent eye colors used in Hero Factory were Trans. Fluor. Green, Trans. Fluor. Reddish Orange, Trans. Bright Green, and Trans. Red (only for XT-4, since he used a Barraki eye rather than a standard head piece). The latter three colors are not yet used for the new eyepiece.

However, I still think Trans. Fluor. Reddish Orange is the best unused color to produce eyepieces in. Firstly, it occupies a space on the color wheel not covered by the existing two—and with them, it makes a great red-green-blue trifecta. Secondly, it's one of the few remaining fluorescent colors on Lego's current color palette, and fluorescent colors universally work better for eyepieces than non-fluorescent colors, since they glow even when not lit from directly behind. The only fluorescent colors Lego still produces are shades of blue, green, and orange, and Trans. Fluor. Reddish Orange is much brighter and more vivid than regular Trans. Orange. would be.

EDIT: Aanchir just reminded me that Hero Factory also used Trans. Fluor. Blue. That's another great eye color, but Lego opted for the non-fluorescent Trans. Light Blue for the new eyepieces instead, and I don't think the difference is great enough to justify having both colors.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

HF also used trans-dark blue for Stormer, Frost Beast and Aquagon.

Also, could you change my vote to "six", please?

Geez, I really wasn't on my game yesterday!

Yes, they used Trans. Blue, which I felt was somewhat of an odd color choice—as with its use in Toa Metru Onewa, it's not the most vibrant color by a long shot. Its use in Hero Factory was aided by the fact that it was used for a full headpiece like the Glatorian head, allowing it to catch more light in general. For a tiny eyepiece like on the new sets, I doubt it would pipe light through the eyeholes well, which is probably why Lego seems to be opting for the brighter Trans. Light Blue in the new sets.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother