BIONICLE.com Updated

I'm wondering why people are getting "MNOG" out of that image. Honestly I thought that was a Protector guarding a bunch of masks from an overzealous Tahu. 

The alternative would be a bunch of villagers hiding underground with only their heads sticking up, which would be rather funny.

It's a bunch of villagers kowtowing to Tahu. Their bodies are overlapping, not buried underground.

• Upvote 1

I'm really enjoying the new info they've given us. A few things that stood out to me was the (as other people have said) father-to-son thing, as well as Po-Koro (I'm not going to call it "Region of Stone") being covered in craters, and looking overall much like Mars.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

My, my, this is indeed a convincing update. The new CGI Okoto looks simply awesome. So do all the villages. I'm about to waste hours of my time exploring the website.

(I must say, though, I am a tad disappointed that they haven't named the villages or the regions, which they just call Village of [insert element here] or region of [insert element here], like they did in the original Bionicle. But I can overlook that.)

Edited by Underscore
  • Upvote 1

2xu8Ptu.png

Bionicle.com isn't loading at all for me now. Anyone else having this problem?

Its loading fine for me.

I have seen others having trouble getting on Bionicle.com though. I have no idea why some can access the site and some can't.

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

It's been working fine on Chrome for me the whole time :?

(& I've been trekking all around the site a few times an hour on average)

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

It's been working fine on Chrome for me the whole time :?

(& I've been trekking all around the site a few times an hour on average)

It sometimes works for me on Firefox and sometimes doesn't. I wonder if maybe it corresponds with them doing maintenance to fix some of the errors? That would be nice, if they're taking care of those this promptly. I was worried we might have to wait for the next major update (which could be a month or more from now).

Thank you LEGO :D (yep, here I am giving thanks on Thanksgiving Day)

Those typo/picture errors though. My OCD is on the rage right now  :annoyed: Wish I can edit the website myself to fix those errors NOW...

Right click -> Inspect Element. There you go. Here's an example of what you can do: http://i.imgur.com/qfB6bhX.png :D

XDXDXD Nice edit there, Gukko! Thanks for pointing out this trick to me, I would otherwise think that "Inspect Element" doesn't allow me to edit how the webpage appears on my computer.

P.S. I am liking the looks of the various Regions of Okoto, though is it just me or village huts in all six Regions look very similar?

P.S.S. So the Protectors hail from clans that can reproduce biologically?  :o

Your left brain contains nothing right, while your right brain contains nothing left.

Those typo/picture errors though. My OCD is on the rage right now  :annoyed: Wish I can edit the website myself to fix those errors NOW...

Right click -> Inspect Element. There you go. Here's an example of what you can do: http://i.imgur.com/qfB6bhX.png :D

XDXDXD Nice edit there, Gukko! Thanks for pointing out this trick to me, I would otherwise think that "Inspect Element" doesn't allow me to edit how the webpage appears on my computer.

P.S. I am liking the looks of the various Regions of Okoto, though is it just me or village huts in all six Regions look very similar?

Unfortunately, It only lasts on your PC until you reload/exit the page. :( But it's a fun little thing anyway.  :eyeboggle:

And yeah, all of the structures seem to be based off of one type of building- I actually didn't realize that until you pointed it out.

As for your "biological reproduction" question, no-one really knows, Sure, we've seen the father-son thing, but that's just about the only bit of evidence we got. I guess we just have to wait and speculate...

And yeah, all of the structures seem to be based off of one type of building- I actually didn't realize that until you pointed it out.

I had noticed this on the background of the packaging (which you can see really clearly in this gallery, but it's worth noting that the different tribes build their villages out of different materials and in different settings. So the Village of Stone is built from stone and hangs from a cliff face, the Village of Jungle is built from wood and hangs on giant tree trunks, the Village of Ice is built from ice and hangs from the side of a glacier.

It feels a bit repetitive, but I like it more than the package backgrounds for many of the 2001 sets. The Rahi backdrops were all generic canyons, and the Turaga and Matoran all appeared on a flat landscape with their Toa's Kini (temple) in the background. Only the Toa packages and character art gave any of the 2001 sets really impressive and unique poses and surroundings.

That's a huge contrast from the new packages, which have unique surroundings for each of the 13 sets. The Protectors' packaging variously has the characters running, standing with feet planted firmly on the ground, leaping, or swimming, and the characters are immersed in their respective environments, not just standing on a flat plain lightly decorated with their element and filtered to match that element's color. The Toa packaging, too, has the Toa in different poses and at different angles — Kopaka standing stalwartly, Tahu surfing on a wave of lava, Onua lumbering towards a Skull Spider, Gali diving deep underwater, and Lewa and Pohatu leaping into action. Even the Lord of Skull Spiders gets a unique backdrop, with a giant spider web beneath it and collapsing, web-covered ruins behind it.

BIONICLE.com is down for me again. I wonder if high traffic might be the reason for these frequent periodic downtimes... if it were just a glitch in the latest update you'd expect the site to either show up or not show up consistently, rather than just turning on and off depending on when you view it.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

The text for the protectors seem to imply that they are all male (or at least the main ones are). I was kinda hoping that they would mix it up a bit.

Besides that, this was a pretty cool update with a lot of new information. I can't wait until the story actually starts.

The father-to-son thing doesn't restrict their genders so long as it's a patriarchal society, but yes based on bionicle's history for one-gendered tribes it does heavily imply that they're all male.  then again, the text is clearly copy-pasted onto all the protector's bios, so some of them might have said mother-to-daughter were it not for the incredible number of errors in this update.

• Upvote 2

I had noticed this on the background of the packaging (which you can see really clearly in this gallery, but it's worth noting that the different tribes build their villages out of different materials and in different settings. So the Village of Stone is built from stone and hangs from a cliff face, the Village of Jungle is built from wood and hangs on giant tree trunks, the Village of Ice is built from ice and hangs from the side of a glacier.

It feels a bit repetitive, but I like it more than the package backgrounds for many of the 2001 sets. The Rahi backdrops were all generic canyons, and the Turaga and Matoran all appeared on a flat landscape with their Toa's Kini (temple) in the background. Only the Toa packages and character art gave any of the 2001 sets really impressive and unique poses and surroundings.

That's a huge contrast from the new packages, which have unique surroundings for each of the 13 sets. The Protectors' packaging variously has the characters running, standing with feet planted firmly on the ground, leaping, or swimming, and the characters are immersed in their respective environments, not just standing on a flat plain lightly decorated with their element and filtered to match that element's color. The Toa packaging, too, has the Toa in different poses and at different angles — Kopaka standing stalwartly, Tahu surfing on a wave of lava, Onua lumbering towards a Skull Spider, Gali diving deep underwater, and Lewa and Pohatu leaping into action. Even the Lord of Skull Spiders gets a unique backdrop, with a giant spider web beneath it and collapsing, web-covered ruins behind it.

I never said that was a bad thing. In fact, it's a great idea- simple and slightly common but, in the end, unique. I agree that the backdrops are much nicer and more detailed than the '01 sets, but hey, it's been over a decade. Heck, I agree with pretty much everything you said! :)

The text for the protectors seem to imply that they are all male (or at least the main ones are). I was kinda hoping that they would mix it up a bit.

Besides that, this was a pretty cool update with a lot of new information. I can't wait until the story actually starts.

The father-to-son thing doesn't restrict their genders so long as it's a patriarchal society, but yes based on bionicle's history for one-gendered tribes it does heavily imply that they're all male.  then again, the text is clearly copy-pasted onto all the protector's bios, so some of them might have said mother-to-daughter were it not for the incredible number of errors in this update.

I was surprised that the Protector of Water's bio didn't say mother-to-daughter- you're right, it just might be the effect of the hurried updates and, if that was their original intention it should be fixed before long.

I was surprised that the Protector of Water's bio didn't say mother-to-daughter- you're right, it just might be the effect of the hurried updates and, if that was their original intention it should be fixed before long.

Indeed, but personally I'm hoping that it's just the patriarchal society I postulated earlier and that they all come in both genders.

• Upvote 2

The advantage to having a story start off with things one does, and does not like is that things can change from one to another (multiple times).

I look forward to the next updates, to see what has been fixed, clarified, or otherwise added, removed and adjusted.

Luckily for me I still haven't found any (stretching-)display (etc.) issues with the site on Chrome, IE, & Firefox, between my PC & Tablet.

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Unfortunately, It only lasts on your PC until you reload/exit the page. :( But it's a fun little thing anyway.  :eyeboggle:

As for your "biological reproduction" question, no-one really knows, Sure, we've seen the father-son thing, but that's just about the only bit of evidence we got. I guess we just have to wait and speculate...

Ooohh I see...

Yeh we better wait for more lore / story background to be revealed.

I had noticed this on the background of the packaging (which you can see really clearly in this gallery, but it's worth noting that the different tribes build their villages out of different materials and in different settings. So the Village of Stone is built from stone and hangs from a cliff face, the Village of Jungle is built from wood and hangs on giant tree trunks, the Village of Ice is built from ice and hangs from the side of a glacier.

It feels a bit repetitive, but I like it more than the package backgrounds for many of the 2001 sets...

That's a huge contrast from the new packages, which have unique surroundings for each of the 13 sets...

BIONICLE.com is down for me again. I wonder if high traffic might be the reason for these frequent periodic downtimes... if it were just a glitch in the latest update you'd expect the site to either show up or not show up consistently, rather than just turning on and off depending on when you view it.

+1 to what you said about package background designs of the 2001 and 2015 sets.

P.S. The typos and image errors on BIONICLE.com still echo within my mind...  :(

Edited by Tahtorak ate my house!

Your left brain contains nothing right, while your right brain contains nothing left.

After reading about the three types of Skull Spiders, it seems that their powers consist of those of Generation 1's Kopaka, Onua and Pohatu, with the green ones having x-ray vision, blue ones having great strength and the silver ones being able to move at incredible speeds.

I think it is pretty awesome that they have these powers.

Kinda reminds me of the Krana.

(I know the Kraata had powers too, but I don't recall the powers of the Kraata having as much relevance as the Krana did, when you discount the actual Rahkshi and Bohrok.)

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Did anyone else notice that there is a massive whirlpool near Region of Water? Also, look at the southernmost part of the island: Is it just me, or are there underwater islands?! And if you go east of that.....more objects appear to be submerged!

Either we will get a Barraki-type line, or there is something massive beneath the island.....

14799344410_4c302691ac_m.jpg15088228625_bc5a4b563c_m.jpg

FOLLOW ME ON FLICKR! I HAVE LEGO STAR WARS AND BIONICLE!!! FOLLOW ME. IT IS THE ONLY WAY! https://www.flickr.com/photos/126163229@N02/