Skull Spiders in collectible packs

Makuta_of_Oz

I think someone mentioned a while ago the likelihood of Skull Spiders being released on their own, in collectible packs. Does anyone else know about this rumour?

I for one hope it happens, because the 12 Skull Spiders we'll be getting in Toa/Defender sets won't be enough to build an army like some hoarders like myself would like. :P

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Much like many things about BIONICLE 2015, it was just a rumor. There are more colors seen in the animation storyboards on BIONICLE.com, so presumably we'll be seeing more colors in the summer, but any talk of mask packs has just been speculation and wishful thinking.

I don't think it was ever really thought to be based off of anyone seeing anything about a collectible pack; only people hoping or wondering about one... there isn't really anything to know as it's not so much an unverified account as it is based of sheer hopes and guessing...

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

The original press release for the BIONICLE relaunch didn't make mention of any sets we don't know about, so it's unlikely there will be any "surprise" sets in the January wave. In the summer wave, who knows? We haven't gotten any solid information on just what we might expect to see in the summer.

A pack with a Skull Spider and maybe even a mask for them to steal could perhaps be cool, but I wouldn't count on seeing one. There are all sorts of LEGO figures that "army builders" would love to be able to buy individually, but even in traditional LEGO themes, "battle packs" are somewhat rare and often cost more than a Protector set anyway.

Seems unlikely. They aren't collectibles after all like the Kanohi, krana or krata. So while some people may like to have armies of them I highly doubt it would be in Lego's interest (financially speaking) to release them as supplementary sets.

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

tbh I do see the tactical financial value in only including them in sets. They force me to collect each set to get as many as I can, which I otherwise wouldn't've done.

• Upvote 1

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Agreed, the skull spiders do seem a tad underwhelming when you look at the big picture. It IS nice to have conflict out of the box though as everyone is saying. Not something we've had since the Rahi if memory serves... 

Dorek is absolutely right that 'blind bag' collectibles are a very different beast nowadays too. Think of how easy it is to buy any minifig you want just from ebay now, rather than guessing in the shops, trying to feel out the lumps and trading with friends/random internet strangers. I'd still be interested in collecting masks if they brought it back but honestly I don't know if I'd invest heavily in packs when the internet offers so many easier and often cheaper options...

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Skull Spiders really aren't collectible. There's only one design, and I don't think people would pay for a few different colors of a single mask. It would be great to get a couple other colors though, perhaps in a limited edition LoSS? I'd love to see the metru red one shown in the comics, and possible a black one.

IetTsFQ.png

It would sound good to have the Skull Krata (I just going to call the Skull Spiders 'Skull Krata', it just sound a little better then that name) as the first collectible packs for the G2 Bionicle. But may sound unlikely do to that we have only three different types of Skull Krata (Unless there are going to be more color in the next wave).

It would be likely that it would have just two Skull Krata or it would be good if there was a collectible pack that have one Skull Krata and one Mask (awesome if they are in more then 7 different colors).

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

(I just going to call the Skull Spiders 'Skull Kraata', it just sound a little better then that name)

But SS sounds so much scarier than SK or Skull Kraata, (or Skull Krana or Skull Infected Masks :P )

Seriously, abbreviations are never confusing; lets all go with SS :)

But may sound unlikely do to that we have only three different types of Skull Kraata (Unless there are going to be more color in the next wave).

It would be likely that it would have just two Skull Kraata or it would be good if there was a collectible pack that have one Skull Kraata and one Mask (awesome if they are in more then 7 different colors).

Wait how much are they going to be charging for a dozen or less pieces? I mean 7~ colours seems reasonably workable (although I suspect this would be the Toa[/Protector/] masks in 7 colours; & the SS in 3 different colours plus maybe those ones or a dark red or...?)

Seriously though; I don't see it being that likely at all... Especially as the SS themselves are only differentiated by colour & presence/absence of a stinger-tail, & as the Protector Masks are dual inject would we get single coloured ones or..?

There are only 8 Masks at this point, & I'm not sure how well a collectible will sell in terms of only different colours, & molds seem to be pretty expensive.

I'm really hoping that we get a (dark) red SS in Wave 2 though! :D

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.