BIONICLE Animations Teaser

tn_11_28_14-bionicle-animation-teaser.pn

The BIONICLE website has a yet hidden Videos section featuring the known telling of The Legend and also a new video never seen before, titeled Masks of Power, though other than the title suggests, the video is more about the landing of the Toa than the masks. It's just thirty seconds but it leaves me hungry for more - I've already rewatched it several times and so should you! The animation is fantastic and the music is really cool and sets the mood, too.

View the full article

Does it really say it was published on January 31, 2014?

The trailer is very interesting. I can't wait for the webisodes.

It does, but that may be simply the default date displayed when no other is given. I doubt the video even exists for that long.

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Okay, so first, the Toa washed up from the oceans. Now the heroes rain down from the sky... what's next, are they gonna come from underground? :P

And just how do they pop a Golden Mask on their face without removing their previous one?

Also, LAY-WA. NOT LEE-WA.

Watch again closely. Tahu does not have his red mask when he puts on the golden one.

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

[Hype Intensifies]

I'm so excited. I can't wait to get my hands on these sets and see what awaits us on the island of Okoto.

I've been browsing the rest of the site for the new stuff that I haven't seen yet, and I noticed that the Ice Region incorrectly has pictures of the Water Protector and Gali, while still saying the names of the Ice Protector and Kopaka. Strange error.

>tfw you have no idea what to put here

Okay, so first, the Toa washed up from the oceans. Now the heroes rain down from the sky... what's next, are they gonna come from underground? :P

And just how do they pop a Golden Mask on their face without removing their previous one?

Watch again closely. Tahu does not have his red mask when he puts on the golden one.

Did you notice that he took off the red one?

If you look closely, you can see the red mask disappear, showing his face right before he puts on the gold one.

Anyways, so much hype!!!!!

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

If you look closely, you can see the red mask disappear, showing his face right before he puts on the gold one.

Oh, oops... at least my mistake wasn't as big as this: http://i.imgur.com/qfB6bhX.png !

• Upvote 1

Oh, oops... at least my mistake wasn't as big as this: http://i.imgur.com/qfB6bhX.png !

I think the transparent bright bluish violet should be enough to save his reputation.

• Upvote 1

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I think the transparent bright bluish violet should be enough to save his reputation.

Then again, that stalactite village crumbling and collapsing in the background probably will impact him in a negative way.

• Upvote 1

This new video apparently time traveled to us from the beginning of this year! :P

Joking aside, I really enjoyed this teaser video. It makes me excited to see the others. I did have trouble playing it on the site itself though, but I think that is an issue with my computer. Someone already put the video on Youtube, so I can just watch it there.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Greg wrote something a while back about the concept of "sizzle and steak", and it helped a lot to provide an explanation for why the 2001-2003 story was cherished so much as opposed to say, the Metru Nui or Ignition sagas. Seeing these animations, made me realize that this (and cancelling Bionicle in the first place) is Lego's way of bringing back "sizzle" to the story. The keyword  is mystery again, but as Greg said:

"...the sizzle will hook the reader (see 2001), but at some point, you have to produce the steak (2004 and onward) or you have no story ... you just have a story hook."

http://www.bzpower.com/board/blog/26/entry-87217-sizzle-and-steak/

Anyways, I hope they can make this sizzle period last a while.

• Upvote 5

Mantax can win connect four in three moves.

By the way, wouldn't it be great if those Toa "canisters" falling from the sky were actually cardboard boxes, like the real sets? :P

If they fell from the sky in cardboard boxes, that would explain the fiery crater Tahu steps out of. 

-NotS

Tahu burns his way out of a cardboard box?

Is there any way I can get just the music to this video?

Link does not work for me. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Is there any way I can get just the music to this video?

I hope Lego will do something to give free music like what they did with those songs from 2007 to 2010 (or was it 08 to 10).

Link does not work for me. 

There a video of it on Youtube, if the one on Lego.com don't work.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

That was awesome! I love the part where the Toa arrive and the music kicks in. Looks like we're in for a lot of action and suspense.

By the way, wouldn't it be great if those Toa "canisters" falling from the sky were actually cardboard boxes, like the real sets? :P

RIP Toa 2015

• Upvote 2

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

Greg wrote something a while back about the concept of "sizzle and steak", and it helped a lot to provide an explanation for why the 2001-2003 story was cherished so much as opposed to say, the Metru Nui or Ignition sagas. Seeing these animations, made me realize that this (and cancelling Bionicle in the first place) is Lego's way of bringing back "sizzle" to the story. The keyword  is mystery again, but as Greg said:

"...the sizzle will hook the reader (see 2001), but at some point, you have to produce the steak (2004 and onward) or you have no story ... you just have a story hook."

http://www.bzpower.com/board/blog/26/entry-87217-sizzle-and-steak/

Anyways, I hope they can make this sizzle period last a while.

I think they key is to give you the sizzle and then bring out a salad while letting that sizzle go in in the back ground, then bring out a potato... and so on until the stake is ready, then hint at how good dessert will be.

• Upvote 2

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

It's been pronounced Lee-wa in a lot of original Bionicle material, most notably Mask of Light. I use that pronunciation, and it sounds better to me.

• Upvote 1

Pk57sNJ.jpg

It's been pronounced Lee-wa in a lot of original Bionicle material, most notably Mask of Light. I use that pronunciation, and it sounds better to me.

I know, it's been disputed for ages. At least now I have different names for the 01 and 15 incarnations!

I must say. THIS. IS. VERY. EPIC! Oh, yeah! I am so looking forward for the webisodes!:)

Anyway, we see the Toa just falling from the sky, like meteors, and crashing to the ground instead of into the sea and then resemble themselves, like in 2001. The part of the video about Tahu first meeting with the Protector people reminds me in the Mata Nui Online Game, where Tahu first meets with Turaga Vakama and his villagers. Ah, good times and classic.:) I wonder how the 2015 Toa arrive like this in the video? Hmm... Well, reboots are mysterious when they are in the beginning of their stories, so we'll see.

The Lord of Skull Spiders looks pretty fierce. The animation on him opening his mouth reminds me of the Mixels, whose animation will be what the webisodes will have.

Onua does a Hulk clap with his claws. Awesome!:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)