Discontinued themes thread.

masterchirox580

Oh dear, there are so many :(

Some themes I really miss are; Blacktron (Vanilla & Future Generation), Castle, Exo-Force, Futuron, Ice Planet 2002, M:Tron, Space Police (1 & 2), Spyrius, & to a lesser extent Roboforce.

I'm still thrilled ^-^

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Mars Mission was awesome. I had every single one of the first year sets except for two- claw tank and the lego exclusive mobile driller.

I still want the Armored Drilling Unit...I remember being blown away by how the wheels are connected. Also, six Kopaka shields! As I recall, those wings in the back are part of a small ship that can detach to fight the alien ship.

IetTsFQ.png

Atlantis was fricking great. The subs were all very smooth and nice and the monsters were equally interesting. It's the theme that really got me interested in system after being caught up in constraction for so long, and it holds up as one of my favorites.

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

I think the discontinued theme I remember most fondly is Exo-Force. The online comics were very well-drawn and well-written, and the online games were pretty fun as well.

Exo-Force was amazing. If there ever was a theme that captured my interest like Bionicle did, it was that one. I followed the heck out of it. It's a shame it ended so poorly.

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

Life On Mars > Mars Mission. 8-year-old me was obsessed. It remains the only theme which I collected in its entirety, though sadly I never had all the sets constructed at the same time, and I've lost too many parts to recreate them all now :c

Life On Mars is definitely my favorite Space theme. To date, 7316-1: Excavation Searcher remains one of the best Christmas presents I've ever gotten.  ^_^ Unfortunately all I have left from Life On Mars is a single alien minifigure...

Anyone remember Rock Raiders? I only have 2 sets as that was released when I was a baby...but that game...dear god that game was the best PC game in my childhood years!!!

I loved Rock Raiders! Power Miners was also good.

IetTsFQ.png

Anyone remember Rock Raiders? I only have 2 sets as that was released when I was a baby...but that game...dear god that game was the best PC game in my childhood years!!!

I loved Rock Raiders! Power Miners was also good.

LANDSLIDE LANDSLIDE LANDSLIDE. Sound familiar?

• Upvote 1

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

RoboRiders, too. Still hoping LEGO takes that idea somewhere in the future.

Unfortunately, RoboRiders was really unsuccessful compared to Slizer and BIONICLE. According to Brick by Brick, this was largely because kids couldn't relate to the bikes as characters — they were too abstract. That's the reason why BIONICLE stuck to more relatable human-like or creature-like character designs most of the time.

Insectoids, Both knight's kingdoms, and Adventures have always been my favorites

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Fairly recent, but discontinued after one year if i recall,

but man, i really really wanted at least one Galaxy Squad set, possibly the best designs for futuristic vehicles Lego could ever make.

(also a neat bug aesthetic and color scheme. ;o; )

I don't believe I've ever seen them before, they look really cool though; I actually want to get Warp Stinger & Star Slicer! :) :(

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

I don't believe I've ever seen them before, they look really cool though; I actually want to get Warp Stinger & Star Slicer! :) :(

My favorite of the sets, the Hive Crawler, is still available on shop.LEGO.com!

I was able to get both the Warp Stinger and Hive Crawler at 50% off from TRU during their Black Friday sales, and they are indeed really awesome sets. I love the Hive Crawler's functions and entire aesthetic. (dat walking function is fantastic) I just wish I'd bought more Galaxy Squad sets while that sale was on....but yeah. Galaxy Squad is pretty awesome. 

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

My favorite of the sets, the Hive Crawler, is still available on shop.LEGO.com!

it's still available? *gasps*

i sorta forgot sometimes sets linger up to 2+ years in certain stocks. i was assuming it couldn't be found anymore. (now i actually have a chance. :u)

• Upvote 1

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

RoboRiders, for some reason. I have Dust (a parent got it for me thinking it was Bionicle), and I'm pondering whether to get Frost. I only want to keep one assembled, anyway.

Slizers, to a somewhat lesser extent. I like those pre-/early Bionicle transition from Technic to action figure sets.

Insectoids.

And Studios. Like, not really any particular set(although I do own one, the small pharaoh one), I just like the idea. It's meta.

Also, does anyone remember Spybotics?

Edited by abstractAgamid

Aqua raiders, exo-force, and the 05 I believe Dino sets. I can name at least 2 from each I'm punching myself for not getting. Ah, the good old days.

Dino Attack? That theme was so cool. I loved the sets and hoped they would do something with the story... Was disappointed when they didn't.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Aqua raiders, exo-force, and the 05 I believe Dino sets. I can name at least 2 from each I'm punching myself for not getting. Ah, the good old days.

Dino Attack? That theme was so cool. I loved the sets and hoped they would do something with the story... Was disappointed when they didn't.

-NotS

plus it had a terrifyingly large Lego helicopter.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Power Miners was great. Atlantis too.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh