LEGO Opens Innovative Office in London

An office where you don't have a dedicated desk and your location depends on what you are doing that moment and not on your department? Sounds like LEGO's new office in London housing 120 employees with 80 more to join next year. There are no classical departments here, instead employees put their stuff in a locker at the entrance and go to a meeting room, a so-called quiet zone or to one of the office areas depending on what they need or want to do. Workspaces are shared so you need to empty your desk if you leave it for more than an hour and half. It probably requires some getting used to but in the end you may be even more productive or motivated, though I'm sure that's something you rarely, if ever, lack if you work at LEGO. You can read LEGO's news reports on this here and here.

View the full article

I think a situation like that would drive me up the wall after a few days. I like having my own dedicated space, computers, etc. I can just imagine someone coming along and "improving" the model I made in a way I didn't like and taking all of the credit for the design. Grr.