Looking for feedback on some toa MOCS.

Sad-Machine

So basically I'm looking for honest/harsh feedback.I want to improve as a MOCist and the best way to do that is to find out what I'm doing wrong but also find out what I'm doing right.

Heres 3 of the mocs-http://imgur.com/a/2X1l7

The 4th one's here-http://i.imgur.com/IwUN8yi.jpg

They have different links cause I took one of the pictures today and couldn't add it to the folder.

*I can get higher quailty/clearer pictures tommorow if you need them.

Edited by Sad-Machine

anime_signature_by_boyinunderground-d2xe

I think the orange-white one has a very cool color scheme, and his custom body is interesting, The round parts on the side poke out kind of far, and make him look robotic - it looks good, but it may not be what you're going for. I also like his weapon, although it seems a little small. It might look better with an additional white piece at the top, but I'm not sure what exactly.

The green-black one is nice, just lacking a little color. I also do not understand what his weapon is supposed to be; as far as I can tell it is just a stick. I like his proportions - the thin shoulders make him look a little slender, which makes sense for a green Toa.

The brown-grey one is a little off. There aren't quite enough brown pieces for brown to be the primary color, and you used brown armor and feet which is typically where the primary color will be. His hands are also an odd color, and the silver armor clashes a little. Colors aside, he's pretty cool! I actually like how small he looks compared to the other two, and I like his custom body, particularly the gears.

The blue-gold one is cool, and besides a few oddities, the colors work nicely. I especially like the tubes in the torso.

Overall it's a fine group of MoCs, with some interesting custom torsos and color choices.

IetTsFQ.png

I think the orange-white one has a very cool color scheme, and his custom body is interesting, The round parts on the side poke out kind of far, and make him look robotic - it looks good, but it may not be what you're going for. I also like his weapon, although it seems a little small. It might look better with an additional white piece at the top, but I'm not sure what exactly.

The green-black one is nice, just lacking a little color. I also do not understand what his weapon is supposed to be; as far as I can tell it is just a stick. I like his proportions - the thin shoulders make him look a little slender, which makes sense for a green Toa.

The brown-grey one is a little off. There aren't quite enough brown pieces for brown to be the primary color, and you used brown armor and feet which is typically where the primary color will be. His hands are also an odd color, and the silver armor clashes a little. Colors aside, he's pretty cool! I actually like how small he looks compared to the other two, and I like his custom body, particularly the gears.

The blue-gold one is cool, and besides a few oddities, the colors work nicely. I especially like the tubes in the torso.

Overall it's a fine group of MoCs, with some interesting custom torsos and color choices.

Yeah the green guy is green/metru blue its hard to tell cause of the lighting.Yeah his weapon is pretty much a stick it was based of one of those kendo sticks.Anyways thanks for the feedback its appreciated.

anime_signature_by_boyinunderground-d2xe

The White/Orange one: This one looks unique and really cool! I really dig the color scheme and I like what you're doing with the custom body. His weapon is a little small, but it's not bad. The only thing I would say to change is the orange wheel pieces on his sides.

The green one: This one is cool. He looks very lean like he's a monk and to add to that he's even got a bowstaff. The arms a little long and look slightly out of proportion. Other than that I like this one quite a bit. At first glance I thought the body was small, but it's actually cool like that.

The brown/silver one: I like the torso and head design, but the body is just small...I don't think it is proportionate to the arms and legs. I can't really say much else.

The Blue/Gold one: The weapon looks small and the arms are a little long. Other than that I like the contrasting shades of blue throughout the moc. The gold is a great match with the blue, nice choice! 

I hope this helps. These are all some unique designs that I wouldn't have thought of ever. Keep building dude!

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Yeah the green guy is green/metru blue its hard to tell cause of the ###### lighting.Yeah his weapon is pretty much a stick it was based of one of those kendo sticks.Anyways thanks for the feedback its appreciated.

I saw the photos of the green guy with better lighting, and he looks swell. I just thought the Metru green/blue parts were black at first.

IetTsFQ.png

The torso designs are definitely interesting! (better than what I can come up with, hahah)

The arms and legs, however, are sort of basic.  Same sort of Inika-esque build that we've gotten lots of times before.  That said, they fit the color scheme and work nicely (Besides, I couldn't come up with anything better)!

Overall, these are some good MOCs, and you're on the right path with the torsos.  With a little bit of improvement limb-wise, I feel that your MOCs could be great!

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

White/Orange: The limbs are merely Inika limbs, while the torso is strangely shaped.

Green/Black: Very cool torso design!

Gray/Brown: Is that a gearbox? In any case, the colors need work; I see 5 shades of silver/gray and 4 shades of brown.

Blue/Gold: Bright gold only on the stomach and feet doesn't look too good. If you only use a few pieces in one color, put them somewhere they'll stand out, like the head, chest or weapons.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins