What if the bionicle fanbase was given it's own country?

masterchirox580

The problem with uniting the Transformers (and any other giant robot) fandoms is that you'd lose all the fans who don't like them. Assuming a 50/50 chance of a person enjoying a certain fandom, that's 25% that they'll like both fandoms. Not to mention inter-fandom disputes when we can't decide whether to name our giant robot Primus or Mata Nui.

And that's just Transformers! What about Gundam, or Neon Genesis, or Super Sentai, or Power Rangers? That's less than a 1.5% chance! Creating a united fandom is like getting Rick Santorum and Barack Obama to agree on gun control and gay rights!

(fun fact: both guys are pretty [to put it nicely] daft.)

• Upvote 3

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

hmmm Well were going to have to figure out what todo with tribes. A huge effort of building would have to accour so we can all live. There could be no love as it is uncannon soo it would die out. Ummm we would have to find a language for us to talk. and sience to create large lilly pads for Ga-people to live on. Ummm Ko-koro would die within a few months of cold, Onu-people could die of lack of air, various Toxins underground, lava floods. Ta-poeple would die almost instantly. and po-korans would possible die of lack of food and water. Hmm we could make it work but a small group of people would have to come to the country and make it a place we can all live in.

Soo we would all die within the first year.

• Upvote 1

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

The idea is that our island is for the Bionicle fandom. Nearby, other islands house other fandoms such as transformers and MLP. We plan to ally with these fandoms, not create one big fandom. Our alliance of fandoms will each use our special powers- such as Bionicle's GSR- to fight common evil, such as when fandoms get too rowdy, and youtube comments.

• Upvote 2

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Ok so I'm declaring the name of this three fandom country as "the union of fandom island republics" which will consist of the transformers, MLP (bronies that is), and bionicle fanbases. The currency will be called "bit widgets" and each of the three islands will have their own government that will decide the scenery of each island as well as plan out local economy and control police, all other duties (such as law making and wages) will be decided by the sovereign state of the UFIR. Also with bronies here we have another problem, MLP doesn't involve giant robots so we also need a magic pony princess that can talk, how do we create such a thing?

It's time to move on.

Just create a big Space-Bridge-type thing connecting all the fandoms, where people in multiple fanbases can live in peace and prosper.

List of fancountries united in the UFIR:

BIONICLE fandom (lead fandom)

Transformers fandom

MLP fandom

Power Rangers fandom

Godzilla fandom

LOL fandom

Gamer fandom

Any others?

Edited by Gukko Lord

Just create a big Space-Bridge-type thing connecting all the fandoms, where people in multiple fanbases can live in peace and prosper.

Transformers fandom

MLP fandom

Power Rangers fandom

Godzilla fandom

LOL fandom

Gamer fandom

Any others?

We need to add the Star wars and middle earth fans, we also need to add anime fans and furries.

• Upvote 1

It's time to move on.

The brony fandom is arguably one of the most powerful fandoms in existence. They don't need a giant robot or princess.

Yeah but the transformers and bionicle fanbase get their own cool thing they'd all scream over so it would be unfair to the bronies if they didn't. 

We can compromise and give them a MU sized MLP robot of a MLP character of their choosing. That could make them happy. :)

Transformers fandom

MLP fandom

Power Rangers fandom

Godzilla fandom

LOL fandom

Gamer fandom

Any others?

We need to add the Star wars and middle earth fans, we also need to add anime fans and furries.

I would also include other Lego lines too, like Ninjago, Legends of Chima, and Hero Factory, to name a few examples. 

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The brony fandom is arguably one of the most powerful fandoms in existence. They don't need a giant robot or princess.

Yeah but the transformers and bionicle fanbase get their own cool thing they'd all scream over so it would be unfair to the bronies if they didn't. 

We can compromise and give them a MU sized MLP robot of a MLP character of their choosing. That could make them happy. :)

Alright we need to draw up blueprints for a giant Mata Nui, Optimus Prime, and Princess Celestia robot, now where do we get the money for that and how do we build it? 

It's time to move on.

But this is for the Bionicle fanbase. No other giant robots allowed! We will crush the Transformers, shatter the Go-Bots, consume the Megazords, and destroy Mechagodzilla, all in the name of "we have a much cooler giant robot."

Speaking of which, Liberty Prime, eat your heart out. Mata Nui looks a lot cooler than you.

No giant robots? Then what is the Matoran Universe?

Sorry read it wrong

hmmm Well were going to have to figure out what todo with tribes. A huge effort of building would have to accour so we can all live. There could be no love as it is uncannon soo it would die out. Ummm we would have to find a language for us to talk. and sience to create large lilly pads for Ga-people to live on. Ummm Ko-koro would die within a few months of cold, Onu-people could die of lack of air, various Toxins underground, lava floods. Ta-poeple would die almost instantly. and po-korans would possible die of lack of food and water. Hmm we could make it work but a small group of people would have to come to the country and make it a place we can all live in.

Soo we would all die within the first year.

Love is cannon! There is Samand who says "the woman I love"(d)(can't remember)!

Ok so I'm declaring the name of this three fandom country as "the union of fandom island republics" which will consist of the transformers, MLP (bronies that is), and bionicle fanbases. The currency will be called "bit widgets" and each of the three islands will have their own government that will decide the scenery of each island as well as plan out local economy and control police, all other duties (such as law making and wages) will be decided by the sovereign state of the UFIR. Also with bronies here we have another problem, MLP doesn't involve giant robots so we also need a magic pony princess that can talk, how do we create such a thing?

Mask of Life

Transformers fandom

MLP fandom

Power Rangers fandom

Godzilla fandom

LOL fandom

Gamer fandom

Any others?

I would also include other Lego lines too, like Ninjago, Legends of Chima, and Hero Factory, to name a few examples.

Pokemon, Smash Bros and Legend of Zelda too

Edited by Toa Malachives

Greg would rule supreme, ALL HAIL GREG! We would have shrines to a half-Greg half Mata Nui deity and would offer rahi as payment. BOW TO GREG!

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

We're not even talking about a Bionicle country anymore, now it's just "put as many fandoms on one boat as possible."

For the sake of this topic, let us assume that the UN is allowing one fanbase to get a country, and that fanbase is Bionicle's.

Also, yes. Bow before the immortal Great Spirit, Greg!

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

It would be quite an interesting culture. As mentioned, kohlii would be our national sport. I also think we might see a theatre with regular showings of fanfictions adapted into plays, possibly somethimes movies (but plays are easier.) There would be a University of Bionicle, divided into the College of MOCing, College of Storyline, College of Art, maybe a College of Fanfiction (to train the aformentioned writers.) The center of the city would be a forum (an actual physical forum! :P) in which would be art galleries, MOC galleries, the theatre, and a library containing a donated (by the inhabitants) copy of every Bionicle book, comic, etc.

We'd probably have statues, sculpted by our artisans, of Bionile characters throughout the city, maybe little plaques dedicating them to something or other (probably Greg.) Of all of these, Matoro's would be the most revered. Those of Water characters would be in fountains. The city would be quite beautiful, actually, given the talent some of us would bring to or accrue upon the island.

For government, I think we'd be small enough to go for a direct democracy, with an assembly and all that, but presided over by the wisest of the fandom, which would probably roughly correspond to the staff members of this and other fansites. There would be a different assembly, maybe in the College of Storyline, in which the citizens gather to debate the storyline issues of the day (probably the Kanohi and weaponry of the other Toa Mangai.) Greg may or may not live upon the island with us. If not, we would probably send an elite force to kidnap him and bring him home.

Yeah... not really as fun as giant robots, but that's what I think would realistically happen in a best-case scenario. Less than best-case and we'd probably all die. :o

• Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Alright we need to draw up blueprints for a giant Mata Nui, Optimus Prime, and Princess Celestia robot, now where do we get the money for that and how do we build it

We'll make them out of Protodermis, which is in Earth core.

Or we buy Hawai islands, there are vulcanos which: 1. gives you Ta-Wahi-like feeling; 2. products lava which can be in very clever way redirected to form Mata-Nui shape.

Edited by Nik333

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic

Alright we need to draw up blueprints for a giant Mata Nui, Optimus Prime, and Princess Celestia robot, now where do we get the money for that and how do we build it

Or we buy Hawai islands, there are vulcanos which: 1. gives you Ta-Wahi-like feeling; 2. products lava which can be in very clever way redirected to form Mata-Nui shape.

So how do we buy Hawaii? Or do we just invade?

It's time to move on.

Widgets. That or Komau.

Edited by Gukko Lord
  • Upvote 1

Widgets. That or Komau.

Dear President Obama,

We here at the BZPower forums would like to buy up the Hawaiian Islands for the lump sum of 180 40-tooth gears and 80 3-module axle pieces so we can turn our LEGO fandom into a proper nation. Also, here is our declaration of independence. 

Signed,

All of us.

• Upvote 5

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

The first order of business would be to build an intergalactic warship, send it to find and destroy the Hero Factory Assembly Tower, and bring the molten material back to Earth. From there, we would reconstruct the molten metal into a giant robot, Farshtey-Nui. All who refuse to migrate to Farshtey-Nui will be branded as "Piraka" and incinerated by the robot's canonization eyebeams.

• Upvote 3

I got a letter back from the UN! "Dear clearly insane fanboys, you will not be given the island of Hawaii, you think liking something is a justification to kick people out of their homes, besides you guys probably all live in your mothers basement and probably don't have any friends so we don't think you're fit for politics, apologies for the lack of formality it's just that this is the stupidest thing we've ever read in our lives.

Yours sincerely the UN council. 

Alright now what do we do? 

• Upvote 3

It's time to move on.

I got a letter back from the UN! "Dear clearly insane fanboys, you will not be given the island of Hawaii, you think liking something is a justification to kick people out of their homes, besides you guys probably all live in your mothers basement and probably don't have any friends so we don't think you're fit for politics, apologies for the lack of formality it's just that this is the stupidest thing we've ever read in our lives.

Lies! The UN can punctuate correctly!

The first order of business would be to build an intergalactic warship, send it to find and destroy the Hero Factory Assembly Tower, and bring the molten material back to Earth. From there, we would reconstruct the molten metal into a giant robot, Farshtey-Nui. All who refuse to migrate to Farshtey-Nui will be branded as "Piraka" and incinerated by the robot's canonization eyebeams.

I think you mean "headcanon head cannon".

Edited by Gukko Lord

Lies! The UN can punctuate correctly!

I think you mean "headcanon head cannon".

Much better, thank you. :)

Some guys on YouTube actually wrote to the UN about founding the Republic of Cheesistan. Last I've heard, they haven't gotten a reply.

I think you guys should let me pen our Declaration of Independence. I can be quite eloquent in situations excruciating enough to merit the fullest possible attention to presentation.

• Upvote 3

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Some guys on YouTube actually wrote to the UN about founding the Republic of Cheesistan. Last I've heard, they haven't gotten a reply.

I think you guys should let me pen our Declaration of Independence. I can be quite eloquent in situations excruciating enough to merit the fullest possible attention to presentation.

Alright show us what you can do to help the founding of the nerdtopia that will be the UFIR. 

It's time to move on.

here are some simple rules that I think will work for our new society.

1 - We all worship and pledge allegiance to Greg Farshtey, The Great Spirit Mata Nui and the late Matoro

2 - We have two national sports: Kohlii as the major one and Akilini as the minor (because Akilin is pretty cool once you think about it)

3 - All statues of Toa will be dedicated to the respective set's designer and the mighty Greg

4 - The currency is gears. The more teeth on the gear the more it's worth (but the current is virtually worthless. The exchange rate would be something ridiculous like 1 USD buys 400 teeth, based on pick a brick prices)

5 - HF fans will be allowed, provoding they turn in all the Hero Core pieces from their figures (because CCBS is pretty good of you think about it)

6 - Greg Farshtey and anybody on BIONICLE's story/design team has diplomatic immunity

7 - Members of the defence force will be addressed as Toa

8 - Removing ones mask is like removing ones clothes in current society. It will be considered as nudity

9 - We will be assigned elements based on personality tests we take apron arrival on the island. For society to work we will ignore gender restrictions of ga matoran

10 - All breakers of the law will be put in jail, which will be known as the pit.

I volunteer to write the new land's constitution. Someone earlier referred to it as Farshtey Nui. I like it, but it should be put to a vote. What have been the suggested names so far?

• Upvote 2

Check out my BBC #69 Entry - Mata Nui!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/17313-bbc-69-entry-mata-nui/

I motion to name our island Hapori Nui. 

Also, I motion Master Inika to pen our Declaration of Independence and our Constitution. All in favor, say Aye. 

Actually, there's a website where you can create a nation. nationstates.net. It's pretty fun. We could have one person make a thread with a poll and a nationstate, and any decisions that need to be made go through him after a vote made by the collective.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

All right, I have a preamble:

PREAMBLE TO THE BIONICLE FANDOM CONSTITUION

We the followers of the BIONICLE franchise solemnly declare our right and intention to self-determination, to form a Bionicle Fandom Republic based on the Virtues given to us by our Great Spirit; Unity, Duty, and Destiny. We seek to form an independent community of BIONICLE fans where the laws protect and encourage the freedom of fandom, a right promised by no existing or past constitution. We seek to establish a theocracy ruled by the Great Spirit Mata Nui, with all rights and freedoms to our citizens derived through him, and answering to no worldly government blind to his Virtues.

• Upvote 1

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

I tried accommodating it to the BIONICLE version of Jews who only accept the 2001-2003 part of BIONICLE. The Bionicle Fandom Republic respects its people's freedom of religion within the Three Virtues.

• Upvote 2

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg