Rayg Kit expansions and modifacations project

Toa Komali

Hello every one,

I've recently started work on a comic project over on Smackjeeves. It is based around the Bionicle and its meant to be a colab. I've got a story for it as it takes place in a alternate Bionicle world.

But more to the point for the comic I'm going to be needing to expand some of the Rayg sprites and sprite some of the EU Kanohi and such.

I'll be doing what I can but I may need help since I have trouble making poses without a suitable base so if you would like to help let me know.

Note any sprite I make will be PD so you can add them to the main Rayg kit if you want.

Anyway first up I've been trying to sprite some movie inspired Turaga with the robes and such. So heres the first batch. Take it away Vakama

turaga_mod_1.png

What do you guys think?

• Upvote 3

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

Hey all I'm here with a progress update. I've been making some of the EU masks and a few of the Prototype ones as well.

Heres what I got so far.

mask_progress.png

Masks in order are.

1. Mask of Rebounding

2. Kanohi Kiroki Mask of Elasticity or this prototype: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120831014029/bionicle/images/d/d0/Prototype_Kongu_Inika.png

3. Kahnohi Etha Mask of Duplication or this prototype: https://33.media.tumblr.com/279bc877e82dc85a869153831b4ec6c6/tumblr_ndt8zp3IzB1u14y3zo3_400.jpg

4. The Mask of Biomechanics

Note the names I give the masks as well as the powers are only for my comic  colab. If you want to feel free to use them as I describe them. Just saying as far as I'm concenred it is only cannon if you want it to be.

That said the ones approved for canon by Greg Farshtey work as they are ment to and will only get a name for my colab.

Anyway let me know what you think. I'm in need of crits to be sure how I'm doing.

Edited by Toa Komali
  • Upvote 3

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey yo everyone. Been busy with life and haven't been able to work on the Turaga expansions. But I've had a chance to make a background while I was working. I think it fits the Rayg style and looks good along side my two Turaga Hakon of Plasma and Turaga Burwaka of Earth.

Have a look.

0bd1c3bd47.png

Buwaka you'll have you stuff soon. Do got to ask should a Turaga's room have a bed? I mean it is his place of resedence so I was thinking he should have a bed and some book shelves. (Yup by the time the stories for the colab take place books are common for everyone even those from the Matoran Universe.)

What do you guys think?

Edited  by Toa Komali

• Upvote 1

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

• 3 weeks later...

Heyo everyone. Been a while sorry about that the holiday season was hectic. Anyway I'm not here empty handed. This time we've got a set of Voya Nui Matoran sprites made by my friend Blackhook over on Deviant Art. He has commissions open and I had twelve spare bucks and it helps the project and a friend so here ya go.

velika_pose_expansion.png

Yeah it's clear I wanted Velika but I asked him to make the poses without Kanohi as well so we can have the other resistance members. Just a simple matter of recoloring. I'll do the work when I get a sheet ready with all the additions so you won't need to.

Before I forget got two more things to say.

First go on over and take a look at Blackhook's DA page here http://blackhook.deviantart.com/ and also we've got a banner now. Here put it in your sigs if you wanna support the project.

bionicle_rayg_expansion_project.png

• Upvote 1

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

• 1 month later...

Sorry everyone been a bit distracted latly. The Zelda remakes are taking up a bit of my time and I've also been busy around home.

But two things I can give to you. Firstly we have our Number two for the expansion. A good friend of mine Named G.B.A he's not on the forums here since while he is helping he isn't as much a Bionicle fan as me. But he is a wiz at sprites. Have a look at his stuff if you want tell him I sent ya

DA: http://thegreatgba.deviantart.com/

Smack Jeeves: http://www.smackjeeves.com/profile.php?id=7660

As for the other bit of good news I have made a start on a Movie style enlarged sprite for close ups of your Matoran (So far I'm going to attempt Turaga but not sure on them. Toa will be your own since they can look difernt.) It's based off the Pokemon Trainer in battle sprites from the front. I wanted to get a design of one of my characters done first. The base isn't ready just yet but here is my Al-Matoran Talyln (Tal-lay-lyn) who will be in the collab. Oh and he is wearing my EU mask the Kanohi Sakon. I posted it in the EU discussion over in the Storyline and theories board. Also it's also in the Useless Mata Nui Online Game stuff thread over here.

talyln_pokemon_style_sprite_by_plokman62

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all been busy this last month with life. Going to be posting new poses for Ackar soon. Once I get him, Mata Nui and the Agori/Glatorian bases done I'll be working on finally finishing my Turaga expansions and backgrounds for the comic start. But that is only the beginning. Remember let me know if you want to help out on the Rayg Expansion Project. 

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Any new content? It's been a while since you last posted.

Sad to say I'm only one person and I can't do this alone. For now I'm putting this on hold till I can find others to help me and once I learn better to manage my projects.

Don't worry it's not dead. I sincerely apologize for this as I have a major case of ADHD. I'm getting better but I do tend to jump  around alot.

• Upvote 1

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!