GAC #21 - Hapori Tohu, Master of Order

Click

I'm actually inclined to vote for this over my own entry, that's how good it is. :P Even stand alone, as a reinvention of Hapori Tohu it is pretty amazing. I like the use of the "new" gears to give him an updated look. And you've captured the animation style perfectly. Just out of curiosity, what program did you use?

I'm actually inclined to vote for this over my own entry, that's how good it is. :P Even stand alone, as a reinvention of Hapori Tohu it is pretty amazing. I like the use of the "new" gears to give him an updated look. And you've captured the animation style perfectly. Just out of curiosity, what program did you use?

I used Adobe Illustrator to put Tohu together from scratch. I did copy a lot from the Comic Con pictures (which you can see in the background) to get the style right. I'm still not sure about Tohu's design, as I tried to keep him noble and wise, but maybe he needs shoulder pads like Tahu or Gali to finish him off. Thanks!

I like this a lot. Like I said in the entry topic... even if this doesn't win, we should absolutely use this 2015-Tohu as our header now.

Well, the staff has been talking about reformatting the main page. Cross your fingers! Thank you as well!

• Upvote 2

This looks amazing, this would be something I would be voting for 100%, but shoulden't his color be the same color as the forums color (white and glaucous or what ever blue it is) and don't we get to see the Ban Hammer or it cannot be seen by any mortal :P

Also seeing that Tohu Head make me think that would be something that I would see for a BZP G2 Theme on the Change Theme.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I love this! You've captured him perfectly in the new style! They'd better set that image of his face as the new Hapori Tohu profile picture.

Thanks, it took a while. :D I wish I had thought of this (or at least known about it) when that contest was up. Hopefully, when the next one opens, I'll submit this if I don't have something better.

Once I get Kopaka, I will make a MOC form of this.

Also- you have my vote now.

Can't wait to see him! Thanks!

This looks amazing, this would be something I would be voting for 100%, but shoulden't his color be the same color as the forums color (white and glaucous or what ever blue it is) and don't we get to see the Ban Hammer or it cannot be seen by any mortal  :P

Also seeing that Tohu Head make me think that would be something that I would see for a BZP G2 Theme on the Change Theme.

Well, Tohu's traditionally been white and gold when I've seen MOCs of him, and I just thought it looked nice. I guess I could have put some blue in there, but it never occured to me. Would have made a great secondary color.

For now, Tohu is just reaching out with sheer power. I'm planning on doing a Ban Hammer eventually. :D 

And thank you to everyone who voted, this entry took first place in the contest! You can see the banner on BZP's Youtube and Facebook now! Tohu is two more sites in on his way to conquer the internet!

• Upvote 1

This looks amazing, this would be something I would be voting for 100%, but shoulden't his color be the same color as the forums color (white and glaucous or what ever blue it is) and don't we get to see the Ban Hammer or it cannot be seen by any mortal  :P

For now, Tohu is just reaching out with sheer power. I'm planning on doing a Ban Hammer eventually. :D

How silly. :P The only ones who see the Ban Hammer are the ones who fall under its judgement.

And we never hear from them again.  :evilgrin:  Once you've seen it, there's no returning. (Unless, you know, you're revived by a big red space station.)

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

How silly. :P The only ones who see the Ban Hammer are the ones who fall under its judgement.

And we never hear from them again.  :evilgrin:  Once you've seen it, there's no returning. (Unless, you know, you're revived by a big red space station.)

I guess I'll have to imagine it in all of its awesome glory, and confirm it if, Hapori Tohu forbid, I ever fall under its mighty blow.

This is amazing! Now we just need a Hapori Dume in this art style...

~SS16

I actually thought about it. He was in my original concept, but I never had room. I thought it would be funny to stick him peeking in from a corner so you'd never see him unless you watched BZPower on your TV. To do list:

1. Ban Hammer

2. Hapori Dume

3. Awesome fight scene with Tohu giving Dume a hammer to the face like Ekimu

4. Animating said fight scene into the best BZPower animation that ever has the possibility to exist.

137. Less important stuff, like, you know, studying for finals.

• Upvote 3

When I first saw the new head clearly, one of my first thoughts was what a new version of Tohu using the new head and knob gears would look like. You have perfectly realized that concept, and I have to say it's so stunning that I wouldn't mind it becoming the new face of the site! Well done!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother