Helsephyr

helseheader.jpg

img_4218.jpg_thumb.jpg img_4221.jpg_thumb.jpg img_4246.jpg_thumb.jpg img_4227.jpg_thumb.jpg

img_4062.jpg_thumb.jpg img_4035.jpg_thumb.jpg  img_4027.jpg_thumb.jpg  img_4033.jpg_thumb.jpg

Flickr Gallery

Helsephyr is my primary entry for the BFTGM, and also the first proper moc I've finished in four years. The general idea is that he's a guardian of heat that awoke when the Mask Makers began harnessing fire to create Masks of power, and now haunts the island seeking to destroy the forge, so that no one may use the source of his power for their own gain. Also, his eyes glow when under a light.

Criticism is appreciated.

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 19

26203.jpg

The way you used the black-trans orange contrast is amazing, and the head design and general design aesthetics really give this MoC a lot of personality.  I like it!  ^_^

• Upvote 2

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

One of my absolute favorite creation I've seen ever.  The sheer amount of detailing is enough to make this guy up there with the best creations I've seen, but it doesn't stop there.  The quality behind the creation, particularly in the more expressive parts such as the head and hands, is just spectacular.  Thanks for putting up this thing, it really blows my mind.

• Upvote 1

I really enjoy the feel that this moc evokes. He has this creepy demonic flare that pierces your soul. The entry pic is striking.

I like how you've designed the head. The face is interesting and has a lot of details that make for a nice shape. The teeth are particularly interesting :) nicely done!

The ribcage is also very lovely. The body style flows together well without the limbs being over complicated.

• Upvote 1

ancientsig.jpg

^^ Clicky the Linky! ^^

Reminds me of the end of Fantasia.  I especially love the arm and leg armor, the plates work very well together.  Fingers are top notch.  Excellent work.

• Upvote 1

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

• 2 weeks later...

so second place is a thing! because of this, I've updated the topic with new pictures - ones without the weird lamplight. (that was only there because I was taking pictures at 2 AM okay)

Very Creepy looking. It looks like a fusion of Edward Scissorhands and the Killer rabbit from Monty Python.

okay I can honestly say I didn't make that connection. thanks though!

The way you used the black-trans orange contrast is amazing, and the head design and general design aesthetics really give this MoC a lot of personality.  I like it!   ^_^

thanks, I hope he doesn't just come off as a Balrog ripoff. :V

One of my absolute favorite creation I've seen ever.  The sheer amount of detailing is enough to make this guy up there with the best creations I've seen, but it doesn't stop there.  The quality behind the creation, particularly in the more expressive parts such as the head and hands, is just spectacular.  Thanks for putting up this thing, it really blows my mind.

oh wow, well I'm glad you like it! this is probably the most positive response I've gotten on any moc.

Unbelievably great head! The rest is also pretty great.

thanks! (I'd be lying if I said I wasn't quite happy with that head)

I really enjoy the feel that this moc evokes. He has this creepy demonic flare that pierces your soul. The entry pic is striking.

I like how you've designed the head. The face is interesting and has a lot of details that make for a nice shape. The teeth are particularly interesting :) nicely done!

The ribcage is also very lovely. The body style flows together well without the limbs being over complicated.

thanks Roa, I'm glad you like it. and good luck against the other finalists!

This MOC looks great and love the look and the details I'm glad someone is using the spins from the HF line but never would have thought to use them as arm guards.

oh yeah, the HF talons are great for shaping. I was thinking they'd do a good job of representing some kind of muscle shape on the upper arms. thank you!

well, that's unexpected and intimidating, color me impressed. (whatever color that would be)

retains a solid color scheme while also keeping a smooth and shadow-like form. the red highlights bring out the important areas for a haunting vibe. o:

I googled "impressed colour" and ended up playing little colour recognition games for twenty minutes, so unfortunately that question will have to remain unanswered

thanks a lot though!

Reminds me of the end of Fantasia.  I especially love the arm and leg armor, the plates work very well together.  Fingers are top notch.  Excellent work.

I've yet to see that in its entirety, but I can definitely see the resemblance. The legs aren't my favourite part, but at least they don't stand out as terrible either, then?

thanks a lot for the comments, everyone! don't forget to point out anything you don't like, that helps me improve.

Edited by VampireBohrok

26203.jpg

I see the aquazone guns as fingers. Wow, I never thought to use those before O.o

• Upvote 1

COMING SOON, UPDATED PROTECTOR OF ICE

Protectors of Generations Past!

ICE, FIRE, WATER - http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18021-mod-protectors-of-fire-ice-and-water/

EARTH                   -  http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18035-mod-protectors-of-generations-past-earth/

group%20circle%20protector.png

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of the most creative and original Constraction MOCs I've ever seen, and you definitely deserved to make it to 2nd place in BFTGM on BZPower. This MOC is very creepy and consistent, as well as very unique, and it stands out very well. Fantastic job!!! :D

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.