What new parts are you hyped for the most?

With Bionicle 2015 growing closer every day, we grow more impatient for the new parts that will define the new line. Toa weapons, masks, the new shell attachment, recolors of older parts and even some technic parts are all very new, either being released this year or being introduced next year. My question is- which parts are you the most excited about? Think about it from lots of perspectives- MOCing, rarity, awesomeness looking, etc. Discuss!

(The parts that I am hyped for the most are the three length technic pin/axle combos and the mata-torso-esque shell armor.)

• Upvote 2

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I haven't bought any LEGOs since Bionicle ended, so almost all of the parts are new to me. I'm really looking forward to Pohatu's weapons, Lewa's axes, all of those fire pieces that the Protectors come with, and the CCBS shells. The smooth shells look like they'll be fun to build with. Also...all of the translucent parts!

The pieces I'm least excited about are the two torso armor parts. They're really big and simple, and I'm not a huge fan of the designs on the chest plates (I think they look okay on the sets, I just don't think I'll be building with them).

IetTsFQ.png

I really want the new gearbox stuff and I'm quite looking forward to collecting ALL of the new masks. I will likely buy 2 protectors of Ice and 2 Protectors of Earth because I really want to build some intense mocs with their masks. I plan on collecting all of the Toa first though...they matter more to me.  B-)

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

• 1 month later...

Trans meshed masks in the summer wave, alone with hammer and new buzz-saw shield. Especially TMoC and the mask maker's mask. :3

Those look really cool for sure. Kind of makes me wish they were all trans though - the mix is nice but I've been a sucker for transparent masks. 

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Trans meshed masks in the summer wave, alone with hammer and new buzz-saw shield. Especially TMoC and the mask maker's mask. :3

Those look really cool for sure. Kind of makes me wish they were all trans though - the mix is nice but I've been a sucker for transparent masks. 

-NotS

I agree, and usually it would bother me more...but they look so cool as they are, it doesn't feel right to complain. I certainly would be happy is more regular transparent masks got made, though. A full trans bright green Miru or purple Pakari would be glorious.

They do excite me because i think they'll probably fit in with their Toa more than the regular gold version will, though. Especially for the smaller sets that don't have any other gold in their builds, having the mask also have an appropriate color should make it look better. and for Kopaka, it should break up the saturation of gold that occurs when he's wearing his.

Other than the masks, I'm pretty interested in getting those new skeletal-looking torso shells. They certainly look interesting, and the fact that they come in trans colors is pretty nice. I'm probably going to use Skull Warrior's parts to remake my Skull Huntress moc to fit in with the Skull Gang...heck, I may be able to use the new cladding parts for her armor skirt, too. I'm already thinking of ways to make more skull guys using all those new parts...it's gonna be interesting.

• Upvote 2

AXKP5KC.png

^ I was excited for the Tahu sword parts because of their obvious Bionicle style, but tbh they are far too large and simple for any really creative uses. I'd like to use them as legs in some humongous spider though, they've got a lot more connectivity than Bordahk staffs.

Some of my favorite new parts are the Lewa axes, Gali's and Lewa's masks, the launcher, and the Protector masks. The trans purple parts are also great, if only for their color.

IetTsFQ.png

^ I was excited for the Tahu sword parts because of their obvious Bionicle style, but tbh they are far too large and simple for any really creative uses. I'd like to use them as legs in some humongous spider though, they've got a lot more connectivity than Bordahk staffs.

Some of my favorite new parts are the Lewa axes, Gali's and Lewa's masks, the launcher, and the Protector masks. The trans purple parts are also great, if only for their color.

I haven't tried MOCing with the swords yet...but I also quite like the axe pieces and the purple is just great (because it's a rare color and it's a great color (LSU :D ) But I like all the new masks with Tahu, Pohatu, and the Protectors' masks being me favorites. Another good piece is the shoulder/hammer on Onua. And I like the new head pieces.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Too many to name. 

Tahu's fire swords. Tahu's magma swords from 03 and Lhikan's swods were my favorite weapons of all time, and I never had a chance to get them. This is like an improved version of both those two combined. They can click together, which is very nice. Very satisfied. 

The masks. Boy, these masks stay faithful to the original Mata design, yet have such a new and improved look. Very satisfied. Love the portrait view of the Hau. 

The heads. The fact that the masks now clip on like an actual mask is a major plus for me. The fact they also have an action feature where you can launch the mask is another major plus. Also, I love the fact that Tahu's eyes are now blue. That's icing on the cake.

The gear box. What else can I say? It's genius. 

Actually, the Toa from the 2015 winter wave of Bionicle is arguably the best Bionicle sets we've ever gotten. It's going to be tough following this up.

• Upvote 1