The Rarest Bionicle Sets? (Not Collectibles)

Shadow Destroyer

A boxed Takutanuva is one of the few sets I'm still missing. Same goes for Voporak so perhaps the combiners in general are harder to find?

We already covered the Korean combiners bionicle+lotr :D

I have a boxed Takutanuva somewhere, but the box is water damaged on the inside partially.  :(

And the rarest set would probably be any set with lime joints that aren't cracked. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

So, there are a lot of topics on here about the rare bionicle masks and collectibles, but what would you say are the rarest bionicle sets? (As in, hardest to find?)

I think the Piraka Kaita (Korea exclusives) are almost impossible to find, and then there's also the Sand Tarakava. It might be a prototype, but it was sold by Lego to some collectors, so I think it counts. Also, Toa Mata Nui and all the boxed titan combiners are difficult to find. Am I missing any?

True dat Edited by Hewkii8730

Norik and Iruin sell for 2-3 times what normal canister sets go for so I agree they must be rarer than most. Karzahni is a good call as well. He's in just as high demand as TMN and I rarely have them more than a week or two in the shop. Just sold a boxed one for £75 though it doesn't compare to £110 for TMN it's pretty close!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Well, Toa Norik was never sold separately, he was only available in a two-pack with Iruini. That would explain his rarity. 

And yeah, I'm sure exclusive sets like Umbra, Karzahni, Lesovikk, Mutran & Vican, Icarax, Mazeka, Yellow Jetrax and Toa Mata Nui (titan) are worth a heck-of-a-lot as well.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Well, Toa Norik was never sold separately, he was only available in a two-pack with Iruini. That would explain his rarity. 

-NotS

Are you sure about that? I remember getting Iruni and Norik separatly a few years ago...  

Yeah, and the one person I knew who got Norik did not have Iruini

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

I got both Iruni and Norik both in that 2-pack for Christmas, lol. Didn't even know there were out in stores up until then.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

And yeah, I'm sure exclusive sets like Umbra, Karzahni, Lesovikk, Mutran & Vican, Icarax, Mazeka, Yellow Jetrax and Toa Mata Nui (titan) are worth a heck-of-a-lot as well.

-NotS

Wow, I have Karzahni, Lesovikk, Mutran & Vican, and Icarax all dismantled somewhere in my parts bins. I had no idea they were rare

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

-NotS

Wow, I have Karzahni, Lesovikk, Mutran & Vican, and Icarax all dismantled somewhere in my parts bins. I had no idea they were rare

I didn't know Icarax was rare.

cringe

He certainly tends to be hard to find and usually has a relatively high pricetag too so I'd certainly consider him one of the rarer sets myself. Of course it's all a matter of opinion/perspective but I'd have Icarax up there with Karz. and TMN for sure...

So, there are a lot of topics on here about the rare bionicle masks and collectibles, but what would you say are the rarest bionicle sets? (As in, hardest to find?)

I think the Piraka Kaita (Korea exclusives) are almost impossible to find, and then there's also the Sand Tarakava. It might be a prototype, but it was sold by Lego to some collectors, so I think it counts. Also, Toa Mata Nui and all the boxed titan combiners are difficult to find. Am I missing any?

I have TMN 

-NotS

And how much is "A Heck-of-Alot"?

TMN sell for around £70+ these days, I recently parted with a boxed one for £110 though and I also bought a slightly incomplete one (but with mask and yellow shields) for £17 :)

Regarding Toa Norik and Iruini: The two-pack exclusive version was only for the US. They were available separately in all other parts of the world. However, the two-pack still had them in their own individual canisters. So any purchased second-hand now are going to be much more easily found singly, even in light of their exclusivity in one region.

I'm curious how rare the yellow Jetrax T6 is at this point.

~|ET|~

• Upvote 2

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Well since I got a yellow Jetrax from the US, I have never seen another one pop up. There probably have been more, but are becoming increasingly hard to come by. 

EDIT: Turns out there are currently three available in the US. Was it exclusive to US stores or something?They have never appeared in the UK from what I know. 

Edited by Craig B

As far as I know, Takutanuva Mint condition, Karzanhi, and most unopened sets from 2001-2003 are pretty hard to find. As you progress along the years of Bionicle, the earlier sets become increasingly rarer with every year.

GENERATION 4: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Thanks for all your replies everyone! Using some of your responses, I was able to come up with a top ten rare sets video on my youtube channel. Thank you for the feedback...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR4pmX1-Rcs

Edited by Shadow Destroyer
  • Upvote 1

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

I think Takutanuva and Voporak are the hardest to find, at least for me

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

-NotS

I've long had Karzahni and Icarax and picked up Mazeka at a car boot for £4 so, neat!

Wait, I thought those were fake. I saw a thread about that on BZ a while ago.

There was a massive war over whether they could be considered legitimate sets, and no consensus was ever reached. It was confirmed that the attributed set numbers were in LEGO's database as Piraka co-packs, so I really see no reason to doubt their validity, but a lot of people felt the packaging was suspicious for diverging from the norm so much.

If those are fake, then they are extremely convincing ones...

fakecrash.png

Looks pretty legit to me, in fact.

http://cafe.naver.com/legobionicle/97069

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

How come no-one has mentioned 8954 Mazeka yet? It's limited edition, and was exclusive to Walmart in the USA, soo...

Eh...I'd say it has the same rarity as Umbra or Makuta Icarax. 

Edited by The Bone-Snatcher

te0FrhT.jpg