Toa Mangai of the Green's Weapon Poll

Boidoh

Did Greg say to make that poll?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Greg is not the be-all and end-all of canon. He's a rubber stamp at this point.

• Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

The majority of members voted against this. I vote to close yonder topic, since it just encourages discussion about what is at best a false hope and at worst is a flame breeding ground. :(

I'm not particularly happy about that poll for the same reason a lot of people aren't happy about the blanket canonizations recently...It should be a case-by-case basis that canonizations be turned down, not a blanket "NO MORE". If that is truly what the majority thinks, then in each weapon poll, "unknown" will be the winning result. Corresponding with the recent "Generally Accepted Fan Canonization Principles" (are we abbreviating it GAFCP?), there was space to begin anew with the weapons topics, and, instead of just throwing out "SOMETHING WOODEN" or along those lines, people could have written out well-thought-out explanations as to WHY they thought a specific tool or tool type would have been best, and we could have voted on those. The blanket "no more" silences people in favor of canonization, exactly as (unfortunatly) people who've been against canonization had been silenced up to about a week ago.

Greg is not the be-all and end-all of canon. He's a rubber stamp at this point.

In the end, Greg is. If Greg says something isn't canon, it isn't. We could take these polls to him, and he can flat out reject them if he chooses, and that would be okay. I would understand why he could be seen as a "rubber stamp", but keep in mind, nothing is stopping him from not using it if he thinks something is ridiculous.

EDIT: misread Fisher's quote...i agree this topic should be closed in favor of whatever comes next, so long as something does come next...My apologies. I do stand by what i said about the poll, though.

Edited by JMSOG

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

instead of just throwing out "SOMETHING WOODEN" or along those lines, people could have written out well-thought-out explanations as to WHY they thought a specific tool or tool type would have been best

Why do people keep harping on that? I did give a reason... And as said in the topic, that is often how creative work is done; people give a partial idea and others participate by building on it. Then that could lead to a specific tool, and one suggestion did come from that, which I said I liked. (However, overall I think the entire poll is taking it too far.) I can only guess you just saw a post from somebody who had missed that and created a false rumor. Please be careful not to risk passing on false rumors like that and actually read the topic in question. :)

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

instead of just throwing out "SOMETHING WOODEN" or along those lines, people could have written out well-thought-out explanations as to WHY they thought a specific tool or tool type would have been best

Why do people keep harping on that? I did give a reason... And as said in the topic, that is often how creative work is done; people give a partial idea and others participate by building on it. Then that could lead to a specific tool, and one suggestion did come from that, which I said I liked. (However, overall I think the entire poll is taking it too far.) I can only guess you just saw a post from somebody who had missed that and created a false rumor. Please be careful not to risk passing on false rumors like that and actually read the topic in question. :)

My mistake, i apologize.

But this is a case, not a blanket no more. People voted not to canonize this particular thing right here.

I think you know that now, but just in case...(pun not intended, but I'll roll with it anyway)

...I was not clear with what i meant, sorry about that...I meant a blanket "no more" on the toa tools in general. They could be handled differently. For example: people may wish specifically for the toa of earth to retain an air of mystery, due to the scene where teridax finds his kakama. While on the other hand, perhaps someone could come up with a tool description for the toa of stone which provides some interesting character insight, just as Lhikan's swords/shield (can't remember name) do for him. Blanketly saying that canonization should not happen stifles that possibility.

Hi.

So should we say that unless someone comes up with a suggestion that grabs the imagination, weapons and Toa Tools remain undefined.

• Upvote 4

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

So should we say that unless someone comes up with a suggestion that grabs the imagination, weapons and Toa Tools remain undefined.

Seems fair enough. Such a suggestion should have an official spot to be made, though.

Hi.

Frankly, this topic marks the "Canonize all the things!" movement reaching new heights of absurdity. We have a Toa who never appeared and never will, brought into existence for some inexplicable reason, and now somehow it matters what their weapon could be? And the suggestions are in the same vein as "something wooden?"

Have you ever participated in cooperative creation of fiction like this, Ballom? This is the sort of thing that is often done. One person can suggest a part of an idea, and others can expand on it, etc. Lots of the things you have probably liked about stories were made this way, you just didn't see the process at work. LEGO-only things, especially most of the oft-beloved content of 2001, was usually produced this way among the early story team, for example. If you're closed to that, then okay, but must you flame it? Must you ignore points already raised as to why it could matter? (And BTW, must you offer no appreciation for the same person you're mocking in the last sentence here also being the one who extended an olive branch to your way of thinking? Why not instead of mocking, agree with that part and make the same basic point in a constructive way?)  And might I humbly add a liiiittle reminder that we do have rules about flame and trolling? I hope it was not your intent and you're just afraid your perspective is being drowned out and don't know what else to resort to. I don't personally mind it but we do have these rules and for good reason, and things always work better if we all respect them. :) 

Bionicle is returning. Let's focus on that instead of shoving even more details down the throat of the first generation's dead body. And remember that BZP has forums for fan fiction, which need more activity anyway!

As said before: 1) Why does somebody (or multiple people) providing details have to be "shoving down the throat"? And 2) Continuing to refine Gen1's worldbuilding in a few small ways is not mutually exclusive with Gen2! We can do both! :D
This process is less like polishing and more like putting stickers onto any smooth surfaces they can find.

Also, I'm pretty sure it isn't a very good example of brainstorming. The 2001 story team was creating something entirely new. This is defining something entirely irrelevant.

• Upvote 2

This process is less like polishing and more like putting stickers onto any smooth surfaces they can find.

I don't recall using the analogy of polishing, and reviewing the quote, I don't see it? But both similes here could be chosen validly by people with different preferences. Neither really answers anything. :P

Also, I'm pretty sure it isn't a very good example of brainstorming. The 2001 story team was creating something entirely new. This is defining something entirely irrelevant.

There we go with "entirely" again. Although in the case of the Bo-Toa's weapon, it's pretty darn close. :P But if canon art was to be done, as it was for Nikila for example, it would be defined, and if canon stories were told of him consistent with main spotlight stories, it would be established. And if official sets were made. So it only counts as irrelevant (close to it) because all three such things are extremely unlikely for him. So, I'd say your argument about "not a good example" and "not something entirely new" doesn't work. (And they're unnecessary to decide that it doesn't need established; it being too close to irrelevant is sufficient methinks.)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Why don't we establish what the type of the weapon actually is, then put specifics; thorns, certain hilt, etc. On it after its been decided?

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

The community voted in this poll that we should not determine the weapons of the Toa Mangai -- which would include this Toa's weapon. In light of the community's wishes, this topic should be discontinued and disregarded.

• Upvote 2
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

The community voted in this poll that we should not determine the weapons of the Toa Mangai -- which would include this Toa's weapon. In light of the community's wishes, this topic should be discontinued and disregarded.

That's a real shame for those of us who do want to know, but that's democracy.

• Upvote 1

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg