Gen1 Fan Canonization Poll

Gen1 Fan Canonizations  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1) The minutiae I mentioned cannot resolve the plot, i.e. there is no way that knowing a never-to-be-named Toa's mask will tell us what happens to the Spherus Magna gang. If there's a way to conclude the story via fan canonizations, I suggest we do that instead of figuring out insignificant details.

2) The canonization was kicked into high gear after the main story concluded.

1) But this implies that only future and only chronological plot can possibly be relevant. As I've said before, this is confusing worldbuilding story for non (in this case plot-based). And why is it only the point in time that happens to be story present that matters? Fan interest can be about any point in Bionicle history.

2) As also pointed out before, it really hasn't been a lot. You also have to keep in mind that every other avenue of anything more happening with Gen1 has been ended, so a small amount of interaction in the past percentage-wise can seem like a lot now, because percentagewise it's 100%, but in terms of actual amount it's tiny (and even tineir in terms of percent of worldbuilding already done!).

Regit: What different do you have in mind? You say the latter are "inconsequential", but somebody criticizing other things said that by contrast, asking about Rahi is a good question. And actually how in the world Gali did float is a good question (answer is probably "movie people did that, not canon", but unsure). The only noticeable difference between the two is the second ones ask about the past.

Where is this coming from, the idea that all fan interaction... now apparently not even just canonization but even asking questions about the past is to be censored? Yet questions about story future that won't happen, those are okay?

Fans have been asking questions about the past and the future for a long time. And actually the normal practice is that questions about the future got "can't discuss it" answers!

If you meant something else by what's inconsequential to you, as I hope you must (:shrugs:), then NVM for you, and could you clarify? I do bring it up in part though because Sumiki just seemed to imply the same thing.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

No, bonesiii, I wasn't being aggressive or dismissive. The point I was trying to make is that if we're using the LMB to tie off loose ends, we shouldn't be worrying about the past unless it could have a direct influence on how the story could have turned out. I had nothing against the Cordak (weird, but cool) nor the element/mask of the final Mangai.

But! The cordak thing was not a loose end, and could have been justified by everyone actively striking their name from the records due to their catastrophic deaths.

The weapon of the Bo-Toa Mangai is almost immaterial after his kanohi and element.

I'd, personally, much rather have the frayed ends after 2010 tied off, even if it is a "they all lived happily ever after" sort of ending. The big storyline details (velika's plot, marendar's crusade) will remain unanswered, but the small things at the end can be answered. They'll be constructive feedback for Post-Reformation fanfiction, which is where Gen1 will be truly finished by the community.

EDIT: If my first question were answered, we'd know if the MU inhabitants were a Dying Race stranded on a planet they were never meant to see or if they integrated into Agori society as a Ridiculously Human Robot minority for the foreseeable future.

The second answer would resolve a serial, in a round about way, and allow fan fiction writers to bring back 'dead' characters to Spherus Magna. Tell me you don't have a place in your heart to see Lhikan and Vakama reunited, even if it is in a fan fiction.

Edited by Regitnui
  • Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

The point I was trying to make is that if we're using the LMB to tie off loose ends, we shouldn't be worrying about the past unless it could have a direct influence on how the story could have turned out.

Oh. Well okay. But that, then, rests on that "if." :P But fair enough.

Thing is, the LMB is "chat with the author", not the "tie up loose ends project." It's open-ended, asking Greg questions. I understand some say this shouldn't be so, but I think that's unrealistic. I think the main problems need to be "self-regulated" by Greg, and by those of us fans who participate in discussions that might affect what is canon. And I've seen progress in both ways.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I don't see why everyone here is complaining. All what these things do is fill in the "unknown" sections on BS01 and neither affects their lives nor their understanding of the story in any way.

Edited by Boidoh

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

The point I was trying to make is that if we're using the LMB to tie off loose ends, we shouldn't be worrying about the past unless it could have a direct influence on how the story could have turned out.

Oh. Well okay. But that, then, rests on that "if." :P But fair enough.

Thing is, the LMB is "chat with the author", not the "tie up loose ends project." It's open-ended, asking Greg questions. I understand some say this shouldn't be so, but I think that's unrealistic. I think the main problems need to be "self-regulated" by Greg, and by those of us fans who participate in discussions that might affect what is canon. And I've seen progress in both ways.

Oh, I'm aware of that. But, no offense to Boidoh, we're making too much fuss about small things. I don't personally have a LMB account, or I would have asked those questions I asked earlier already. And then you could extend your 'retelling' into the post-Reformation.

I'm not trying to end Gen1, nor the creativity. But I'd like to get the plot to an end point; Ask Greg about the things in the serials, and then we can wrangle them into a bare-bones frame to get Gen1 a conclusion.

Edited by Regitnui

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Greg doesn't make outlines, so we don't know what would have happened in the serials. The only future story info we've gotten are some advances on Velika's plans, like how the tower was blown up but everyone escaped, and some Fikou migration info (which some people think is esoteric).

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

And my questions are small things that would have cleared up large portions of the storyline. Would you ask them for me, Boidoh, since you seem to have a talent for getting good answers out of the LMB?

I actually made that option with you in mind. You're welcome.

Also, Yaldabaoth, I'm just curious, what option would suite you best since you said it isn't on there?

A better phrasing for my position would be something along the lines of "I think that canonizations can contribute and have contributed positively to the saga, but that they can also cause harm and should be (unofficially) regulated". That's a fairly longwinded way to put it, but it's the gist of my stance on the matter.

Greg doesn't make outlines, so we don't know what would have happened in the serials. The only future story info we've gotten are some advances on Velika's plans, like how the tower was blown up but everyone escaped, and some Fikou migration info (which some people think is esoteric).

We actually don't even know if the tower was blown up, or if everyone escaped. The only thing that Greg has said is that the cursed GB escaped without the knowledge of "the heroes", and that Greg "wasn't going to kill all those characters at once". We don't know how many he would have killed, or if they would have somehow stopped the tower from exploding, and we don't know because he refuses to answer these questions. (However, we have learned that the Toa Mahri are now free.)

• Upvote 2
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

LEGO please don't let fan canonizations in G2 i'm begging you it's recipe for disaster.

I'd have nothing against more cross-sote contests, like BTFGM, where the winner(s) get accepted into canon. Those were fun.

LEGO please don't let fan canonizations in G2 i'm begging you it's recipe for disaster.

I'd have nothing against more cross-sote contests, like BTFGM, where the winner(s) get accepted into canon. Those were fun.

Is that going to be canon? Thought it was just a straight building contest.
  • Upvote 1

For the first question, I voted that I liked them. And I did. Especially since there was a way for them to actually be mentioned in the story. (Like Toa Naho in Destiny War, for example).

As for the second question, I also voted that I liked them. Some of them are kind of cool and its nice to know new info on minor Gen 1 characters now that the story is over.

But on the other hand, I don't think that of stuff being canonized now are really needed in the Gen 1 Story. Like of the recent Toa of the Green's weapon poll. While I did think that it would've been cool for him to make his own weapons out of plants or simply have a bow, I wouldn't help but feel that it was kind of pointless to assign him an official weapon. After all, we've seen Toa change weapons in the official story (The Toa Nuva leaving their 02 weapons behind when they got the Adaptive Armor, Kongo leaving his weapon behind for a second Cordak Blaster, etc.) as well as have them destroyed in battles (Vakama's Disk Launcher by The Shadowed One's eye lasers, Lewa's weapon being snapped in two by Rediak, etc.). So I think that it could've been possible for him to have switched out weapons from time to time over the course of his life as a Toa, thus assigning him a weapon kind of pointless IMO.

And in bringing that up, I know that some people will say that that could apply to Kanohi Masks as well. And it can, since we did see a team of Toa (the Toa Mahri) switch Kanohi Masks powers when the Ignika transformed them. Not the mention the Toa Mata switching their Mask powers around on the Island of Mata Nui. But I think Kanohi are better off being voted on to see if a Toa could've worn it than a weapon.

So the bottom line is that, now that the official Gen 1 story is over, it just depends on what's being asked to be canonized. Some stuff I'm okay with, others I'm not. But I have to see it asked first before I can decide on it.  :)

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'd like to point out something about this poll: As of December 7, 9ish BZP time, for the category of "how do you feel about current canonizations" there's 1 vote for "love," 23 votes for "like," 18 votes for "indifferent," 10 votes for "dislike" and 10 votes for "hate."

Therefore, 38.71% support them and 32.26% don't. That's a narrow margin, and neither side has even close to a majority.

Furthermore, if we weight the votes by how strongly people feel, assigning values of x2 to the "love" and "hate" categories, we'd get 25 electoral units for canonizations and 30 electoral units against them.

Therefore, even on BZP, the headquarters of canonization, according to this poll continuing canonization upsets the fans more than it pleases them.

Please let me know if this analysis is in error.

• Upvote 2

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

I mainly added the "extreme" options to lighten up this whole debate a little bit.

I was originally only going to offer 3 options really.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Furthermore, if we weight the votes by how strongly people feel, assigning values of x2 to the "love" and "hate" categories, we'd get 25 electoral units for canonizations and 30 electoral units against them.

I'm not sure that this is a fair shake. Should haters dictate our actions? Let's say that there was a bunch of haters out there that said Bionicle as a whole was stupid and we shouldn't like it. Should we stop doing what we're doing just to cater to them? Think about it. 

Right now, the canonizers have a very slim majority. But they also have GregF's approval. What are we going to do about it? Close BZP to all canonizations? That's worse because now we've cut off our input into what is canonized and what isn't. This forum is about the story, including what is canon. How are we going to ignore that? We can't. 

It's time to face the facts - whether we like it or not, stuff will get canonized. The only thing we can change is whether we want a voice in it. And as people who know Bionicle, who have studied it and enjoy it, I say we should have an opinion and a voice. 

• Upvote 4

The big difference in that analogy is that those haters are not part of the Bionicle community. If a large group of Bionicle fans said there was something very wrong with something in the franchise, would you ignore them?

And it's totally incorrect to say BZP removing itself from canonizations would change nothing. It's undoubtedly the driving force behind them, and has the exclusive power of being the community Greg trusts to come up with totally new content. In fact, we are the ones taking power to decide what the world of Bionicle is from other fans. So someone wanted there to be a Toa Mangai of Iron, and maybe even came up with a detailed characterization for him over the years? Too bad, BZP just declared he doesn't exist. I'm totally ok with fan content that adds to the universe, like the Rahi in Rahi Beasts. But laying out all the remaining Toa on a team that wasn't directly present to any appreciable degree in the story does nothing but reduce people's maneuvering room for headcanon.

If you like the idea of a Toa Mangai of Plantlife with a Mask of Healing, that's great. That's what headcanon is for. But to force it on everyone else, when most Bionicle fans didn't even have a say, just isn't nice.

Edited by Akavakaku
  • Upvote 3

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Well Greg gave his permission for these polls, and in the end he has to approve it. If Greg gives permission, that is what will be done.

Edited by Boidoh

Well the point still stands. If Greg gives permission, no one besides him can take that away.

If asking obscure things is what makes this go too far, then this went too far from the moment I found out about LMB. Esoteric Fikou questions and Shore Turtle biology are my specialties.

I don't think this poll tells us anything right now to be honest.

For one, it has only been up for around 2.5 days. That is not even remotely enough time to get a good judge of opinions. The total participants (76 at present) is just too small to actually gauge a consensus and does not in any way represent the BIONICLE fandom to any extent..

Second, the participants thus far have been in this isolated S&T forum, where those pro-canonization are obviously more active than the average fan. Your user base is skewed from the start.

Go post this same poll on all of the websites involved in the Battle for the Gold Mask Competition (and then some even), for example, and let a lot of people know it exists. Let it run for a reasonable amount of time. Then we can talk numbers.

~|ET|~

• Upvote 1

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Also, the problem I mentioned of the poll not incorporating a difference between the reasonable additions and the unreasonable ones needs factored.

Plus, it's quite possible that the anti-canonization folks are more common here. BZP has a history of having a higher percentage of "antis" for a lot of things than the fanbase as a whole.

It seems likely to me too that some people evidently have their priorities backwards, because "while story was active" is voting much higher. This shows that at their heart, a strong majority do support fan interaction with canon. Those voting "no" now may be forgetting that the principle of worldbuilding of filling in blank areas in a map makes sense to continue and even be better in many ways as years pass after the rushed time of current story needing produced. Many of us have had time to slow down and review the story carefully now. And so far, no logical reason against this has been presented, just illogical ones that have been debunked, and people voting that way probably haven't considered those answers carefully enough (though most agree some things like Helryx's appearance can be off-limits).

Greg on the other hand seems to recognize these things well, and is not likely to be swayed by people voting before they stop and think or from emotional negativity inconsistent with LEGO's goals of celebrating imagination.

Plus, since it's entirely arbitrary to ban additions to the canon just because of the SOURCE of the ideas, the same people pushing anti-canonization should also be asked to answer the same question about new content from Greg alone (and/or people from the old story team etc.). Is this an anti-fan sentiment, or an anti new-canon sentiment? Or some mix of both? If the former, listening to it could be an extremely bad idea. If the latter, I'd take it more seriously.

So, I just wouldn't take this poll too seriously anyways, even after a lot of time and had it been phrased better.

But it is worth noting that those trying to wiggle out of the results appealing to some math (normally a good idea) may be missing a few things. In addition, only the final answer in this poll denies that any canonization at all can help the story, as worded. I would take the second-to-last as pushing against things like Toa Cordak and maybe even some of the good ones but not necessarily everything.

Plus, the "if you don't like additions, as long as they make sense, you can ignore them" principle means that indifferent actually should, in this case (but not in normal polls) be taken as a light positive. Having canonization and those who dislike it ignoring it is a way to please everybody, when those dislikers are indifferent (actually this could even apply sliiiiightly to the weak negative), but taking that the other way means that only one side is happy, and since this group is indifferent, not even that happy; then you're only pleasing a clear minority! Between the choice of pleasing both sides between these two groups and displeasing the side that cares, that's an easy choice.

So that leaves us with the choice of refining the canon with strong support, but against some strong negatives (that admittedly do add up to a large minority, and do have more strongs than the positive), who are pushing for something that they don't actually need anyways (since they, too, can ignore the additions that do make sense but just don't happen to tickle their fancies). Not the easiest choice in all of life, but it's not honestly that hard of one either -- I think it still comes down to "Yes, within reason". (Note also that the strong positive is actually not likely a good choice in this case, as worded, anyways, so that could be discounted too... sigh...)

So we're back where we started -- if those who don't canonization have some solid reasons that withstand scrutiny, then this changes, but I haven't seen any yet. This is where the focus of the discussion needs to be IMO.

• Upvote 2

I liked the canonization before and I still like it now. I really don't mind having small details about the past clarified, since pretty much all of the things that need most clarifing are very unlikely to be disclosed by TLG.

Thing is, it'll probably slow down to a crawl once we are all distracted by gen 2, so might as well let it thrive on it's few weeks left of glory.

• Upvote 3

Exactly. When the first episode of the BIONICLE stuff comes out, S&T will be flooded with stuff about Gen 2. How long do we have until BIONICLE's official re-launch? 23 days? Can't we enjoy these final moments? Why do they have to be spent arguing?

• Upvote 1

Exactly. When the first episode of the BIONICLE stuff comes out, S&T will be flooded with stuff about Gen 2. How long do we have until BIONICLE's official re-launch? 23 days? Can't we enjoy these final moments? Why do they have to be spent arguing?

final moments? what is this, a funeral? Is Bionicle dead?

I meannnn yes? I like to put it this way: it's on life support. We know it would probably be better off dead but we are so attached to this person we can't let them go. *cue my heart will go on*

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

That is a great idea. Thanks. 

will this be an open-casket affair, or would you rather remember him as he was?

• Upvote 3

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Whichever one doesn't end with, "and the canon-haters burnt it to the ground."

• Upvote 2

Well, cremation's out then.

~B~

• Upvote 3

Well, cremation's out then.

~B~

I'm sure that would be considered immoral anyways...

Guys, please stay on topic and avoid spammish posts, and BTW many nested quotes.

• Upvote 3

Plus, it's quite possible that the anti-canonization folks are more common here. BZP has a history of having a higher percentage of "antis" for a lot of things than the fanbase as a whole.

True, but we're also the ones that are most invested in the story at this point, which as I've mentioned before, should at least count for something.

It seems likely to me too that some people evidently have their priorities backwards, because "while story was active" is voting much higher. This shows that at their heart, a strong majority do support fan interaction with canon. Those voting "no" now may be forgetting that the principle of worldbuilding of filling in blank areas in a map makes sense to continue and even be better in many ways as years pass after the rushed time of current story needing produced.

Or it could mean that they aren't satisfied with the methodology of canonization as it exists now, and preferred it back when we had a system of active checking and a more direct interface with Greg. There's the ideas and then there's the process, both of which make up what we call "canonization". If the process isn't up to people's expectations or standards, they aren't going to be happy with what comes out of it, regardless of how "harmless" these added trivia points are.

Plus, since it's entirely arbitrary to ban additions to the canon just because of the SOURCE of the ideas, the same people pushing anti-canonization should also be asked to answer the same question about new content from Greg alone (and/or people from the old story team etc.). Is this an anti-fan sentiment, or an anti new-canon sentiment? Or some mix of both? If the former, listening to it could be an extremely bad idea. If the latter, I'd take it more seriously.

As has been mentioned, actually banning canonizations is likely impossible. But if we as a community can agree to subscribe to a set of standards in the process, that would go a long way.

Plus, the "if you don't like additions, as long as they make sense, you can ignore them" principle means that indifferent actually should, in this case (but not in normal polls) be taken as a light positive. Having canonization and those who dislike it ignoring it is a way to please everybody, when those dislikers are indifferent (actually this could even apply sliiiiightly to the weak negative), but taking that the other way means that only one side is happy, and since this group is indifferent, not even that happy; then you're only pleasing a clear minority! Between the choice of pleasing both sides between these two groups and displeasing the side that cares, that's an easy choice.

Just like to take a small issue with this; at least in my case, the indifferent was leaning towards negative. I don't mind canonization, but I dislike stupid or poorly thought out canonization (on a personal note, I would define recent efforts like this as such, where the canon is not meaningfully contributory, but professionally I only care to see it done right). It's entirely conditional, and the closest I can get to a "depends" option, which is what this poll isn't showing and I'm sure a lot of people would actually vote for.

There are plenty of people who wouldn't want any canonizations (and if we take this poll at relatively face value, those people vastly outweigh the people who are okay with canonizing every single thing ever), but canonizations are often not all equal, which is probably the most important thing the poll is not dealing with.

So we're back where we started -- if those who don't canonization have some solid reasons that withstand scrutiny, then this changes, but I haven't seen any yet. This is where the focus of the discussion needs to be IMO.

I'm going to say that's personal preference; Deevs and ET have both made some incredibly solid points (coming from two extremely respectable and influential long-time fans of the series, I can only hope that they aren't dismissed out of hand) as to why it isn't beneficial to them or others as fans. That could just mean a stalemate in terms of "yes or no to canonization" ideals, but to say that good points don't yet exist is a bit extreme.
  • Upvote 3

Or it could mean that they aren't satisfied with the methodology of canonization as it exists now, and preferred it back when we had a system of active checking and a more direct interface with Greg. There's the ideas and then there's the process

I agree. Just to make sure it's clear, this could be another reason why people shouldn't make too much of (all of) the negative votes here as if they necessarily oppose all possible canonization.

I'm not really sure why Greg hasn't again set up an active system again. Then again, since I was on it I'm probably biased for it. Maybe he felt it didn't work out as much as he'd hoped. :shrugs: And the more indirect nature of the LMB is a problem, but one not his fault or ours but LEGO's policy (in turn not really their fault either as it makes sense nowadays).

Just like to take a small issue with this; at least in my case, the indifferent was leaning towards negative.

Fair enough. But without everybody that voted that way clarifying it, the result alone doesn't give us that info. :shrugs:

There are plenty of people who wouldn't want any canonizations (and if we take this poll at relatively face value, those people vastly outweigh the people who are okay with canonizing every single thing ever)

Well, let's all keep in mind that nobody should ever be okay with that... Those who support reasonable canonizations can also vastlyvastlyvastlyvastly outnumber trigger-happy canonizers. :P

I'm going to say that's personal preference; Deevs and ET have both made some incredibly solid points (coming from two extremely respectable and influential long-time fans of the series, I can only hope that they aren't dismissed out of hand) as to why it isn't beneficial to them or others as fans. That could just mean a stalemate in terms of "yes or no to canonization" ideals, but to say that good points don't yet exist is a bit extreme.

I'm talking about in terms of definitely shutting down canonization now, this very instant, or something close. Most of their points had already been considered and answered in past discussions. DV did raise one thing (that I agree with in principle, if not timing) that hadn't really been discussed a lot (the "they had their time" argument), but I'm not sure it's yet proven that now is the time for that.

I've actually thought of proposing some sort of a time limit to Greg. I only hesitate because I worry that then proposals might start getting rushed even more from people feeling the need to squeeze them in. I think when Greg makes the announcement that it won't continue, it will probably (unfortunately due to some obvious downsides) have to come without advance notice. :shrugs: Although I suppose he could just say if and when he does feel that time is nearing and not set a rigid deadline.

One obvious candidate for that deadline would be the launch of the reboot, but I think that's probably too early. Maybe sometime during the reboot, maybe by the end of the first year, maybe just sometime before all Greg's teeth fall out lol. I dunno.

• Upvote 1