G1 Sets, G2 Animation Style

Akavakaku

Very cool! I can see that it fits the style fairly well. I've been wanting to do something like this, but I can't get the parts to translate over quite right. It would be cool to try in a vector art program like Illustrator (or Powerpoint, check out Bones' sig for a link :P ) just to clean up those lines, but it does look really good and I wouldn't have noticed had ~T1S~ not pointed it out. :D In fact, in doing the Tohu banner, I realized how asymmetrical and rough the animation style is, so it fits better than you'd think. I hope to see more. :D

Yeppers, that looks like a BioniClassic Tahu Mata. :) In Gen 2 animation.

I nitpick, but some parts like the shoulders and hands feel like they should be black instead of grey. I would have also liked it if Tahu's mouth had red in it instead of being just a black hole. As it stands, it feels too big. :shrugs:

I really like this style. It blends the Tahu we know from MNOG and the Tahu from the new trailers. Good work :D

Currently Working On: City of the Fallen - Character Building and Script Writing

To Do: City of the Fallen - Voice Acting and Animation, Deathmatch - Character Building and Script Writing

"Wherever you go, you had better be looking over your shoulder - because one day I will be there. And I promise you it will be the last thing you will ever see."
— Lesovikk to Karzahni, Dreams of Destruction

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'd just like to add that some features, like the black void for a mouth-hole and the black parts looking gray, are borrowed from the '15 animation style. And it's true that this Tahu wouldn't fit in visually among the Masters and Protectors, but I feel that's appropriate since the sets themselves have a totally different design.

I'm considering making more, and I'm open to suggestions as to what to do next.

Edited by Akavakaku

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the new Bionicle line lends itself to a more simpler design due to the lack of small "technic" details covering the character. As a result it feels like this iteration of 01 Tahu is still busy when in a 2015 style, but I realize that there are more lines to fill in thanks to that reason. Overall a great attempt, definitely feels more cartoony and I really dig it. Can't wait to see some more characters done in this style!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg