Did Naho wore the Kakama

I was looking and reading around on BioSector01 and I had noticed something odd with the mystery of the Kakama.

In Eliminator page on BioSector, it said 

Eliminator killed these three and left Naho'sKanohi Kakama behind.[1] All told, Eliminator killed eight of the Toa Mangai, plus Kodan.

And yet in Naho and the Toa Mangai page, her Kanohi is still unknown and the Mangai page said this on the Members

One of the Toa on the team wore a Kanohi Kakama. This Toa, like most of the others, was sent by Teridax in disguise to close the Sea Gates and was killed by Eliminator, leaving only the mask behind.

Last, in the Chat with Grag, someone did ask  Grag about did Naho wore the Kakama, and the person who ask this was given a yes.

So did she wore the Kanohi Kakama or not?

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

The folks at BS01 probably didn't add it because in old Greg quotes, Greg said it wasn't Naho.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

3a)Are Naho falls named after Toa Naho by the Turaga Metru?

3b)Was she one of the Toa that traveled with Kodan?

3c)Did she wear a Kakama (speed)?

3) Yes

3a) No

3c) No

1) Did Toa Naho wear the Kakama that the Shadowed One found in Time Trap?

1a) Did the Kakama belong to another of the Toa Mangai? 

1) No

1a) Possible

Link for the poll? That would make things a ton easier for me in the future. One less poll to do.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Huh, I'd always assumed it was hers. I'm pretty sure it's canon that it was one of the Mangai's who were killed by Exterminator at the gates of Metru Nui (could have also been their Chronicler if I remember correctly). I can't imagine how else it got there and could have just been left there. It also makes sense that she wore a Kakama, considering she was the one that ran the blockade to get more Toa in the Toa-Dark Hunter War. I guess that's all just assumption though, considering she's one of the few Mangai we know more about than their element and we know one of them has a Kakama.

Again, we reach this grey area I've been calling "established non-canon" =P. Technically Greg didn't leave a particular reason for denying the Kakama to be Naho's, and there was subsequently much speculation and the poll. So technically there's no reason it couldn't be true, but at the same time, there must have been a reason for it even if it wasn't given, and there was very nearly a canon decision on something else anyway.

I thought we had decided long ago that Naho wore a Huna. There was a poll and everything.

I'll check the old BSS archives, and see if that was a finalized discussion or not. I think it might have been ongoing or pending when the BZP crash happened and Greg became unreachable.

Since Greg gave us a green light on giving the rest of the Mangai Kanohi, I think we should ask him if it's ok if we hold a poll on who would wear the Kakama, and make sure to ask if Naho would be ok to be on that poll.

I personally think it makes sense that she wore it since se had to swim to another island. That's no easy feat for any humanoid whatsoever, I don't care if you're Michael Phelps or Naho.

Edited by Archon~

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

When did BZP crash again? On the BSS archive I have the discussion being polled as of March 2011.

Since Greg gave us a green light on giving the rest of the Mangai Kanohi, I think we should ask him if it's ok if we hold a poll on who would wear the Kakama, and make sure to ask if Naho would be ok to be on that poll.

Well, logistically speaking, I guess you'd have to do the Kakama one first then, and invert the style; instead of "which mask did X Toa wear" it should be "Which X Toa wore the Kakama" (another fantastic reason why the Toa of the Green poll was made too hastily). If you did it the other way around, you could technically end up with no votes for the Kakama on any Toa, or end up defaulting one, which isn't a logical means of assigning canon. Or you could technically end up with MULTIPLE Toa having a Kakama, rendering the decision pointless anyway.

(or we could maybe see how the whole discussion of canonization pans out now instead of continuing to do the behavior that obviously peeves some people off)

I personally think it makes sense that she wore it since se had to swim to another island. That's no easy feat for any humanoid whatsoever, I don't care if you're Michael Phelps or Naho.

And some people made that point back in the day too, and it's definitely not a bad argument. The reigning sentiment then was the Huna, because it allows her to be sneaky and slip past the DH blockade, whereas the Kakama would be more likely to set off some alarms. Edited by Dorek
  • Upvote 1

Yes of course, I do think that it should be the first poll to go, I thought that was simple logic. :P

I'll try to open a poll by the end of today to see if people want to know the rest of the Mangai Kanohi, and maybe try to contact Black Six to see if he can put it on the main page or something to get more people to come out and vote? Idk.

Also, I was thinking about including a list of masks that we couldn't use due to prior storyline limitations.

EDIT: I think the discussion isn't really going anywhere since most people are holding onto their opiniok for dear life, and since this isn't a debate based on fact it could never end (as fishers already mentioned).

Edited by Archon~
  • Upvote 1

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Link for the poll? That would make things a ton easier for me in the future. One less poll to do.

I looked for it, but it was on the old BZPower, so It leads to nothing:

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=334423

If anyone knows how to find what that used to be, there it is.

I think what happened though, is that the poll was ongoing when BZPower went on Hiatus in 2011. Huna won or was winning (by a lot if I recall), but BZPower shut down before it was officially canonized and the Bionicle Story Squad has been inactive ever since.

It was definitely made clear several times that the Kakama belonged to another Toa.

Edited by Takhamavahu