Lewa, power of Jungle and Air?

While searching around the Bionicle website I came across something weird when looking at Lewa's bio. It said "Powers: Communes with plants and the wind". Does that mean he is at least sensitive to air or even controls it? If he could control both won't that be illegal? Maybe the Mask of Jungle is the mask of ultimate power and Lewa is Makuta (just kidding)! Thoughts on it?

Edited by Toa Malachives

Many people have noticed this as well, and so far we don't know. I personally don't care if he has powers of both, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

As a general rule, I try to refrain from discussing Gen2 since it hasn't actually started yet. :P

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I think the Toa's powers in new Bionicle are less structured than what we're used to. For example, Tahu doesn't have Elemental powers of fire as we have come to understand it. He has fire-themed specific powers.

In Lewa's case, he doesnt have ful control of the elemental power of Air like old Lewa, he has specific superpowers related to being in touch with plants and the wind.

• Upvote 3

It's been said, but I believe that he has specific Jungle and Air related abilities, rather than full control over the element unless he has his Golden Mask.

• Upvote 1

Currently Working On: City of the Fallen - Character Building and Script Writing

To Do: City of the Fallen - Voice Acting and Animation, Deathmatch - Character Building and Script Writing

"Wherever you go, you had better be looking over your shoulder - because one day I will be there. And I promise you it will be the last thing you will ever see."
— Lesovikk to Karzahni, Dreams of Destruction

I would think that Lewa wouldn't have both Air and Jungle elemental powers, since that would be two while the other Toa only have one. I also remember reading somewhere that Lewa's elemental powers were switched to Jungle, though I don't recall where I read it. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I think Jungle, despite its name, will be mostly wind and very little plantlife. Look at Lewa's set: plenty of wind design elements in the mask and weapons, but nothing plantlife-related.

• Upvote 1

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

I think Jungle, despite its name, will be mostly wind and very little plantlife. Look at Lewa's set: plenty of wind design elements in the mask and weapons, but nothing plantlife-related.

Pohatu's design doesn't have any explicit stone "design elements" besides his color scheme, and Onua's only Earth-related design cues are his overall bulk and color scheme, so it's not that practical to judge every Toa's element solely based on their design. Arguably Lewa's axes are a more practical weapon in a jungle setting, and of course his color scheme is more jungle-ish than "airy", perhaps moreso than it had been before the addition of Flame Yellowish Orange to his color scheme. Also, the Protector of Jungle has a wind-based weapon but he also features Bright Yellowish Green "vines" on his feet, which are added to Lewa when powered up, so arguably that counts as a plant-based design cue for the two of them.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Well, I suppose plants are related to air since they produce oxygen.

• Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Pohatu's design doesn't have any explicit stone "design elements" besides his color scheme, and Onua's only Earth-related design cues are his overall bulk and color scheme, so it's not that practical to judge every Toa's element solely based on their design. Arguably Lewa's axes are a more practical weapon in a jungle setting, and of course his color scheme is more jungle-ish than "airy", perhaps moreso than it had been before the addition of Flame Yellowish Orange to his color scheme. Also, the Protector of Jungle has a wind-based weapon but he also features Bright Yellowish Green "vines" on his feet, which are added to Lewa when powered up, so arguably that counts as a plant-based design cue for the two of them.

See, I think the use of yellow emphasizes his air powers; in depictions of the four Greek elements, Air is typically represented by yellow or gold, since green is reserved for Earth...and in the Greek elements, Earth includes plantlife.

I wasn't aware of Wood as a Chinese element. Knowing that, Lewa's set of powers make a lot more sense. It's also a really cool amalgamation: his powers are based on a Chinese element, and his color scheme is based on the Greek elements to which said Chinese element corresponds :)

Edited by Jacks

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

I just think that, in Gen 2, Jungle encompasses air powers as well?

See, I think the use of yellow emphasizes his air powers; in depictions of the four Greek elements, Air is typically represented by yellow or gold, since green is reserved for Earth...and in the Greek elements, Earth includes plantlife.

I wasn't aware of Wood as a Chinese element. Knowing that, Lewa's set of powers make a lot more sense. It's also a really cool amalgamation: his powers are based on a Chinese element, and his color scheme is based on the Greek elements to which said Chinese element corresponds :)

In Japanese fiction, Air is very often represented with green.

• Upvote 1

merge Stone and Earth

I'm still glad they didn't do this, although I really really wish that way back at the beginning of G1 they instead had Earth & Metal instead of Earth & Stone; but if they did that in G2 too many people would complain methinks.

I get the difference Earth, Stone, & Sand, but Earth & Metal seem like a cooler choice.

I'm happy with Air & Wood being merged or separate.

But giving either Onua or Pohatu, Earth or Metal (or vice versa) would have felt just as awkward as giving Pohatu Air.

But I think Stone/Sand (& limited Air) works for Pohatu, like Sandstorms are cool :3

Speaking of TV Tropes, Elemental Powers, is always worth a look at (pro tip: limit how many tabs you have open, & surrender to procrastination anyway)

Realistically, Pohatu should be a Toa of Friendship ;)

But then mixing the Classical Elements with Wŭ Xíng might get a bit stranger...

• Upvote 1

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

merge Stone and Earth

I'm still glad they didn't do this, although I really really wish that way back at the beginning of G1 they instead had Earth & Metal instead of Earth & Stone; but if they did that in G2 too many people would complain methinks.

I get the difference Earth, Stone, & Sand, but Earth & Metal seem like a cooler choice.

I'm happy with Air & Wood being merged or separate.

But giving either Onua or Pohatu, Earth or Metal (or vice versa) would have felt just as awkward as giving Pohatu Air.

But I think Stone/Sand (& limited Air) works for Pohatu, like Sandstorms are cool :3

Lewa lives in a jungle. Pohatu lives in a desert. Which one is more open, has more space and is logically windier?

Air and Wood are very, very, very different elements and should remain that way.

• Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Lewa lives in a jungle. Pohatu lives in a desert. Which one is more open, has more space and is logically windier?

Fair enough, but Stone & Air are two completely different Elements, so the change would look kind of strange. [i'm not saying a reboot can't or shouldn't do that, but that would look odd to me.]

Air and Wood are very, very, very different elements and should remain that way.

Suite yourself; but they have been conflated from the beginning. In both generations it seems (to me).

• Upvote 1

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Fair enough, but Stone & Air are two completely different Elements, so the change would look kind of strange. [i'm not saying a reboot can't or shouldn't do that, but that would look odd to me.]

Suite yourself; but they have been conflated from the beginning. In both generations it seems (to me).

Think about it. Gen2 Pohatu has the power to fly, has air-themed weapons, and lives in a presumably windy desert. Lewa has axes (which, while they can turn into gliders, are primarily used for chopping trees) a bulkier design and a color scheme one might associate with the jungle (green and yellow.) While brown might not be a very windy color, I still think it could work, give Pohatu flight while they ditching Lewa's flight in favor of athletics, jumping and swinging.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Think about it. Gen2 Pohatu has the power to fly, has air-themed weapons, and lives in a presumably windy desert. Lewa has axes (which, while they can turn into gliders, are primarily used for chopping trees) a bulkier design and a color scheme one might associate with the jungle (green and yellow.) While brown might not be a very windy color, I still think it could work, give Pohatu flight while they ditching Lewa's flight in favor of athletics, jumping and swinging.

Okay, but Wood already encompasses Air (or at least Wind -- true Air powers would include creating/absorbing Air, as we've seen Le-Toa do in G1, whereas Wind -- which is what G2 Lewa is said to be able to control -- would probably be limited to just moving air around) so talking about them as separate or merged is kinda moot.

The way I see it, since G2 Pohatu's powers include sandstorms, I think we might consider minor Wind powers a natural extra ability that both he and Lewa have, on par with Onua & Pohatu's increased strength in G1, or Ta-Matoran being heat resistant, etc.

Edited by Jacks
  • Upvote 2

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

For the tropers out there, this is a case of Air is Green, Water is Blue.

Of course, they should've given Lewa power over Plantlife, merge Stone and Earth and give Pohatu Air.

I think a big issue with that would have been that it would create inconsistencies between the characters' elements and their personalities. The original Toa's personalities were closely tied to their elements, and most of those traits have been retained in the G2 Toa's personalities. Pohatu's key traits have always been his endurance and rock-solid dependability. Those traits that don't jibe as well with the element of air, which is more often characterized by agility and flightiness.

Perhaps even more importantly than that, you'd run into a similar problem in terms of color scheme. Like the color green, the colors yellow and orange are used to represent air in certain media. But also like the color green, the connection between the color and the element in those cases is not particularly intuitive. A kid picking up a yellow or orange character out of a toy box would probably not automatically associate them with the element of air — particularly if it were the new Pohatu set, which uses Dark Orange as a primary color.

• Upvote 1

Of course, they should've given Lewa power over Plantlife, merge Stone and Earth and give Pohatu Air.

I think a big issue with that would have been that it would create inconsistencies between the characters' elements and their personalities. The original Toa's personalities were closely tied to their elements, and most of those traits have been retained in the G2 Toa's personalities. Pohatu's key traits have always been his endurance and rock-solid dependability. Those traits that don't jibe as well with the element of air, which is more often characterized by agility and flightiness.

Perhaps even more importantly than that, you'd run into a similar problem in terms of color scheme. Like the color green, the colors yellow and orange are used to represent air in certain media. But also like the color green, the connection between the color and the element in those cases is not particularly intuitive. A kid picking up a yellow or orange character out of a toy box would probably not automatically associate them with the element of air — particularly if it were the new Pohatu set, which uses Dark Orange as a primary color.

Really? I always picked up on Pohatu's kinda-sort-crazy, not his dependability. Wasn't a "pohatu" slang for running away after setting something to go kaboom? Sounds kinda flighty, not very dependable.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Really? I always picked up on Pohatu's kinda-sort-crazy, not his dependability. Wasn't a "pohatu" slang for running away after setting something to go kaboom? Sounds kinda flighty, not very dependable.

I hardly think a completely random joke from a 2007 story serial defines his character more than his original character bios from LEGO.com, or his consistent portrayal as a powerful and steadfast ally.

I'd provide links to some of those old bios, but to my frustration, archive.org is down right now.

• Upvote 2

I hardly think a completely random joke from a 2007 story serial defines his character more than his original character bios from LEGO.com, or his consistent portrayal as a powerful and steadfast ally.

I'd provide links to some of those old bios, but to my frustration, archive.org is down right now.

Ehh... no, it was a reference to G1 Pohatu's strength and simple answers to problems. Onua said they'd pull a Pohatu, which confused Tahu. Onua replied it is "when in doubt, smash everything in sight and hope you are somewhere far away when it all goes boom."

• Upvote 1

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Yeah, it's like when you read a book and despite what it says, you envision the character looking completely differently. 

For the entirety of the Alex Rider series, I thought his boss (a scrawny, old white guy) was a big, booming James Earl Jones type. For me, Pohatu and Lewa are both the crazy ones. 

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

• 1 month later...
I just think that, in Gen 2, Jungle encompasses air powers as well?

This.

So, rather than this breaking the law against two elements, it's simply one element.

Does seem OP, but we don't know how it works in practice. If it's just weaker control over some parts of both (and seen as connected because moving around in a jungle is much easier if you can fly/glide), it wouldn't be OP.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Just to point out, Lewa's mask is the "Jungle Mask", while all the other Toa have "Mask of (Element)" (same for the gold versions and the Protector's masks). It's like that in all the official media, so it is more than just a typo.

I think there may be some revelations on whether "Jungle" really is the element as the story progresses...

Plus, so far the only plant powers confirmed for Lewa are that he can "commune with plants". And he lives in a jungle, so that is the sort of thing you may just pick up. :P

• Upvote 1
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

Just to point out, Lewa's mask is the "Jungle Mask", while all the other Toa have "Mask of (Element)" (same for the gold versions and the Protector's masks). It's like that in all the official media, so it is more than just a typo.

I think there may be some revelations on whether "Jungle" really is the element as the story progresses...

Plus, so far the only plant powers confirmed for Lewa are that he can "commune with plants". And he lives in a jungle, so that is the sort of thing you may just pick up. :P

Actually, according to the insert from the latest LEGO Club Magazine "with the Golden Mask he can channel the regenerating resilience of the forest!" That's still a bit vague, but it's one of the most detailed descriptions we have for ANY of the Golden Masks' powers, and it sounds like a little bit more than just communing with plants.

Also, his special attacks in the mobile app involve him conjuring thorny vines, though that particular aspect of the game might not be canon. Hard to say at this point. I think it's probably safe to assume his jungle powers include SOME control over plants.

Edited by Aanchir

Well while you can find stones under the soil(Earth) sand itself is just micro-stones. So from that stand point I can still see Pohatu as the Toa of Stone and Onua as Earth. Even though the purple addition for Earth is reminiscent of some native stone of the same color that the Protector of the same name seems to use. Yeah... :???:

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png