All the Worst Bionicle Sets

aldero

I love all BIONICLE sets. I don't think any is horrible, really. I like the stars...

Same. I like the Stars for what they are. We got an axle-Hau, Keetorange Rahkshi, and a single-color Gresh helmet because of them. And sure, they were small and expensive, but at least they gave Bionicle a proper ending. I like all Bionicle sets. I'm not crazy about all of them, but I don't hate any of them.

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Icarax. He's just so bad and bland in my eyes (except for his feet, because those are some prety cool feet).

Gavla was bad too. Ugly mask, not cool weapons, bad torso piece.

Krika and the Inika in general as well.

Krekka's design seems pretty cool to me, and I like that disk launcher function (and how they used a Bohrok gear piece).

I also don't find he Hordika as bad as most people. They would've been pretty cool if both of their arms had been like the bigger one. And they had a sort of cool look

And Garan is one of my favorite sets ever.

Edited by abstractAgamid

I actually liked the Inika. Cool weapons, plus the first organic-looking masks since '02, plus the masks fit perfectly with the story: they go to Karzahni, he makes his wierd masks (what were you expecting? have you seen HIS MASK? IT'S FOUR MASKS SEWN TOGETHER!), and neat armor

anyway, what the actual heck was with the Stars?

• Upvote 1

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

FatherlyDismalIberianmidwifetoad.gif

I have a complete Gen 1 collection and the only set I seriously dislike is Bitil. It is a canister set that uses the Agori body piece, the blaster and his wings do not connect with the body in a satisfying manner, he has a double socket piece for his neck, which is just ugly, and his limbs are super spindly.

Besides that, I don't get the hate for Krekka or Krika. Krekka's body does not seem gap-y, especially when compared to his wave mates Nivawk and Nidhiki. Plus his lever system was pretty great. Krika has spindly limbs, sure, but he has a spindly head and body to match, which makes his design consistant and looks great.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

I have a complete Gen 1 collection and the only set I seriously dislike is Bitil. It is a canister set that uses the Agori body piece, the blaster and his wings do not connect with the body in a satisfying manner, he has a double socket piece for his neck, which is just ugly, and his limbs are super spindly. Besides that, I don't get the hate for Krekka or Krika. Krekka's body does not seem gap-y, especially when compared to his wave mates Nivawk and Nidhiki. Plus his lever system was pretty great. Krika has spindly limbs, sure, but he has a spindly head and body to match, which makes his design consistant and looks great.

Agori body is better than Agori limbs, in my opinion.

I love all BIONICLE sets. I don't think any is horrible, really. I like the stars...

Same. I like the Stars for what they are. We got an axle-Hau, Keetorange Rahkshi, and a single-color Gresh helmet because of them. And sure, they were small and expensive, but at least they gave Bionicle a proper ending. I like all Bionicle sets. I'm not crazy about all of them, but I don't hate any of them.

I wasn't too fond of the streched axle-hau at first, but I grew to love it over time. Now Radiak can have his proper mask.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

The Axalara. The CG pictures made it look way better than it actually was. Lewa himself was pretty , but the vehicle was gappy and unstable in places, especially around Lewa's seat. There wasn't a good place to grab it and swoosh it, every place that was grabbable would bend from the weight of the vehicle. The handle they gave you didn't help at all, it was attached to one of the least stable parts of the ship and was therefore unable to support the vehicle. You also had to be careful where you grabbed it for fear of bending the air katanas on the sides. The extending claw gimmick was useless because they would stab Lewa in the back in their folded down position and the skyblasters could not be fired without setting down the vehicle because it was too big to hold and shoot at the same time, which really limited my play options. And the landing gear? Oh, those flimsy Bordahk staffs would bend because the ship was super heavy.

• Upvote 1

aouROFb.png

I expected to see the word "Kal" plastered all over this thread. I am surprised.

The only sets that really disappointed me were the Stars. I have Tahu and Skakdi and both are broken and unusable. They lasted only a bit longer than Hahli Mahri and I still have 2/3 of Ehlek. I did want the Rahkshi but I never saw it for sale here.

• Upvote 1

I expected to see the word "Kal" plastered all over this thread. I am surprised.

I don't think the Kal themselves were terrible sets, it was just disappointing that they were rehashes of the Bohrok. Imagine if the Bohrok were never released and we only got the Kal, then people would praise them the way we praise the Bohrok.

IetTsFQ.png

I don't think the Kal themselves were terrible sets, it was just disappointing that they were rehashes of the Bohrok. Imagine if the Bohrok were never released and we only got the Kal, then people would praise them the way we praise the Bohrok.

I agree. The Kal weren't bad, it's just that they were re-releases of sets from a year earlier.

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

FatherlyDismalIberianmidwifetoad.gif

Even when judged alone, I do think they use far too much silver, something that also exacerbates their cloneness.

Edited by Sir Kohran

Even when judged alone, I do think they use far too much silver, something that also exacerbates their cloneness.
For what it's worth, I think they use silver better than the Toa Nuva.

For what it's worth, I think they use silver better than the Toa Nuva.

How? The silver looks appropriate on the Nuva because it's used specifically to highlight new armour and weaponry. The Kal on the other hand are basically just drenched in it.

Kazi. He skipped leg day, though I do appreciate his upper body design.

I agree 100%. Kazi's legs (or lack thereof) always bothered me, but his body design, I thought, was always cool.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I agree that the Mistika and Phantoka, while not bad sets, suffered from too darn much silver and grey. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Besides that, I don't get the hate for Krekka or Krika. Krekka's body does not seem gap-y, especially when compared to his wave mates Nivawk and Nidhiki. Plus his lever system was pretty great.

Krekka has a completely pointless gear function, tiny arms ending in random silver tools, and an absurdly small stature for a titan. I like the way his launcher swings down and his sweet mono-eye, but he feels like some bizarre unfinished fan MOC made of whatever was lying around rather than a real set. Good ideas, but without the necessary pieces. 

At least he's fine once you give him some actual arms.

Edited by Latrodectus
  • Upvote 1

The Karl were clone sets...of clone sets.

Didn't stop me from getting all 12 though! :D

Wheres Karl!?

eating people's hands

KAAARRRLLL!!! That kills people!

I might get some hate for this, but I really never cared much for the rahkshi. I thought their arms were rather spindly for how large the figures were, the place where the kraata goes pops open too easily, and the Kraata were just kind of ripping off of the Krana (which were much cooler anyway). In the end, the rahkshi just ended up being good parts packs for me. The Vahki were also good parts packs as well, but I thought they were actually decently constructed and they all had really cool weapons. I know that not everyone shares these views though.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

They all share the same mask, for starters, all have the same basic body, just with some different parts tacked on, and they have no personalities or even individual names.

Yeah, having the same mask blows but having a great variety of colors makes up for that. They're the smaller sets of the wave, so who expects them to be super unique?

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

They all share the same mask, for starters, all have the same basic body, just with some different parts tacked on, and they have no personalities or even individual names.

There's quite a bit of variety, far more so than most Bionicle waves. 

And they presumably do have personalities and names, those will just be revealed as we learn more about the story. You could even give them your own names like I've seen some people do. 

Edited by Latrodectus

all have the same basic body, just with some different parts tacked on,

what an apt description of Jaller, Hahli, Kongu, Kopaka, Ackar, and Gelu. :u

Shots fired! I'm not sure exactly what my personal worst would be, like there were certainly some that I wasn't a big fan of but I wouldn't call them bad. Except maybe Umbra. He was pretty bad. The color scheme made me want to cry. I remember being pretty irritated with some of the small sets particularly the Voya-Nui Matoran. The deformed look they had I could get over, I actually liked it and thought it fit pretty well, but would it have killed them to at least recolor something? Even the Rahaga which came from 2005, the year of copy-paste sets, (except for the titans, those were cool) gave us Metru recolored Rakshi heads and spinners.

I know it's a cheap shot, but the Voya-Nui Matoran felt like they needed some recolors for masks or something. I pretty much built all of them without even having to go to the store. At least it was a nice way to get a few extra parts for MOCing.

I think for me the worst Bioncle sets are the ones that are clones, more specifically clones of older sets that were already clones of each other. More specifically the Bohrok-Kal. Why did they do that? I was so disappointed with them. I remember thinking how cool the Toa Nuva were and who the first big baddie they'd face would be, and bleh it was just re skinned Bohrok. I know the Rakshi were clones, but when they came out a great deal of the the parts that made them up were new molds. Sure the Toa Nuva had a lot of similar design choices too, but they had enough new molds to justify it. As far as I remember the Bohrok Kal had new shields, but other than that every piece was just recolored to silver, which devalued them even more in my eyes because it made the fact that they're clones even more painfully obvious.

-BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER-