All the Worst Bionicle Sets

aldero

Surprised Gadunkadunkadunka hasn't shown up more often. :P

It was an interesting idea, but in practice the thing just looks so awkward. He's way too wide, insanely hard to pose in any way other than the standard facing forward pose (even then he falls over half the time), and looks incredibly out-of-place next to any other BIONICLE sets.

I also agree about Umbra. The color scheme is just...weird.

:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

• Upvote 1

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

• 3 weeks later...

It was an interesting idea, but in practice the thing just looks so awkward. He's way too wide, insanely hard to pose in any way other than the standard facing forward pose (even then he falls over half the time), and looks incredibly out-of-place next to any other BIONICLE sets.

I completely disagree. Gadunka is well-articulated and has surprisingly good stability. It's fun to have it carrying things in its mouth or fingers, and it can stand on one foot without issue. It looks very unique too, which makes it stand out among the crowd. Its main issue is gappiness, but I think the pros overcome that.

Edited by Latrodectus
  • Upvote 1

I completely disagree. Gadunka is well-articulated and has surprisingly good stability. It's fun to have it carrying things in its mouth or fingers, and it can stand on one foot without issue. It looks very unique too, which makes it stand out among the crowd. Its main issue is gappiness, but I think the pros overcome that.

I love Gadunka! I never got him though. He seems really cool. But the gaps are a pain.

cringe

I never really liked the '08 Nuva that lacked actual tools besides the launcher-of-the-month. That'd be Onua, Gali, and Kopaka. There were problems with the Nuva that year all around, but the lack of a personal weapon on those guys really irked me.

Ahh yes the phantoka and mistika sets, most of them were awkward. Most of them lost their signature colors such as Tahu's red/orange 2002 color scheme. Worst offense on colorscheme, ALL OF THEM.

I'm still going to list a few irks i had on each of the 6 heroes

Tahu: First of all his mask, it's hardly recognizable as a Kanohi Hau Nuva because of it's knight and ninja style influences. The reverse piraka torso design awful. The spinning blade weapon had little to no fire motifs and was pitifully small where as Tahu was known for big fire themed swords and on subject of small weapons, his limb armor was also pitifully small and didnt look like much protection.

Gali: First off her mask was a total, total mess, which earned the nickname of bunny ears and waffle eyed mask. Then look at the body Inika lower limbs for both arms and legs and a reverse piraka torso, this is hardly a agile or feminine body for a swimmer. Also she was one of four sets overly focused on toting nothing but a gun to the fight and had no melee weapon which was occupied by a scope on her weapon instead.

Onua: First of all Onua's mistika form gives no impression of the former hunchbacked hero, in fact he should've received the kongu mahri build pohatu got and vice versa since onua's build is more fitting for a agile runner like pohatu. Next the mask was just awful, almost villain like and his mistika flight parts are equally out of place in colorscheme by being bright red instead of a silver or dark color.  He also suffers from no longer having claws or vicious chainsaws like his old forms... instead he's another gun focused set and he gets the ghost blaster attached the a big frame to hold on it with a clunky shield mounted to his shoulders

Pohatu: First of all, his colorscheme is rather odd, it's known brown sets had a bad rep for selling poorly but a orange and smoke gray colorscheme makes him look like a toa who controls lava or magma rather than stone.

His weapon oriented propellers were awkward, on one hand they work as a flight gimmick for him but when you try to pose them closed for a drilling punch they usually flip open or limp downwards while spinning closed. This alone makes his gimmicky arm design annoying and degrades the set further aside from questionable his colorscheme

Lewa: This is in my opinion the only set who got most things right. Colorscheme like original no, gets a great new weapon or at least reminiscent of the air katana big yes.

He is the almost flawless designed toa although his mask looked at first glance like something not belonging to bionicle at all because of the overall look.

Kopaka: So many things wrong with the my favorite character of the series. Colorscheme is fitting comparable to the original light grey/white colorscheme although the torso armor piece detracts from being the out of place gunmetal piece in the entire set and the wings were a ok flight gimmick since the matoran connector backpack give the impression of being a engine to power up the wings.

However he suffers from the akaku lens piece having a ugly laser implemented and the lens is on the wrong side of the mask. But like Tahu he also suffers from not having at least a swords like previous incarnation instead he's the last of four sets who only brought a gun to the fight and gets a tiny knife as a melee weapon .

• Upvote 1

qs3135.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, people really hate sets that dare to try something different. Not really understanding the hate for the 2009 Glatorian sets (especially for sets like Gresh, Skrall, Stronius and Vorox. Skrall and Vorox are pretty much my favourite 2009 canister sets because they did something different.)

Good Guys and Bad Guys are by far the worst sets IMO. Just take a search for them and look at them. Really, they have very little redeeming features. They seriously look like  they were thrown together in less than five minutes, with very little thought given to their design. Which would explain a lot about them. 

That said, I don't outright dislike the 2008 Toa Nuva, however I feel that the grey of the Phantoka Toa would go better with the Mistika Toa and that the silver of the Mistika Toa would go better with the Phantoka Toa. I feel like the silver would go much better with Lewa's lime and Pohatu's orange especially. 

Also the Av-Matoran, Agori and Stars. Considering that CCBS debuted only a year after the Stars, it should be easy to see why the Stars are so maligned. Limited posability, extremely thin, little to no redeeming features. Really, the only set that comes close to being tolerable IMO is the Zesk. It dared to do something different, and it succeeded. Much like the Vorox.

I suppose we could say combiners too: Spiriah was garbage. As was Gaardus. Any combiner from 2008 onwards was pretty much garbage, to be honest. IMO the Zyglak was the last decent combiner in BIONICLE.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Good Guys and Bad Guys are by far the worst sets IMO. Just take a search for them and look at them. Really, they have very little redeeming features. They seriously look like  they were thrown together in less than five minutes, with very little thought given to their design. Which would explain a lot about them. 

Actually that's the thing, they're that bad that people generally automatically filter them out (although it does help that they are random impulse things which where also an outlier compared to the 'matoran'/canister/titan [vehicle etc.]), they're understood not to be a big selling point. & how some people ignore certain years (almost)? & how some claim most of the X fans ignore Y.

...Well I think most fans (of those that have seen them) do ignore them. Every now and again people point out that they're basically just an extra-pieces-pack, but generally, ignored except for the point of "not bad compared to"/"worse than" and generally mocking them...

:/

Also the Av-Matoran, Agori and Stars. Considering that CCBS debuted only a year after the Stars, it should be easy to see why the Stars are so maligned. Limited posability, extremely thin, little to no redeeming features. Really, the only set that comes close to being tolerable IMO is the Zesk. It dared to do something different, and it succeeded. Much like the Vorox.

I actually think Zesk is really cute, and Vorox was kind of almost cool, but they still had an underlying obnoxious build (pieces anyway), it's understandable in many ways why the STARS turned out the way they did, but after what people where expecting...

But whilst I can also see Gresh as (almost) cool, they all just seem to be comprised with different but similar in heavily restricted pieces (in count and variety) Moral Guys level sets, except they had thought put into them, but not enough to try and work out a combiner mind you.

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Turagas 2001. Look at their bodies...

Turaga Matau and Ehrye. Reason: Mahiki. I would kill designer of that mask!

Nivawk, ugliest Rahi ever.

(Looks like Turaga Matau is my winner)

Every combiner set which I have seen excluding Kardas.

I disagree about the Mahiki. I personally find it to be quite pleasant :P

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

Wow, people really hate sets that dare to try something different. Not really understanding the hate for the 2009 Glatorian sets (especially for sets like Gresh, Skrall, Stronius and Vorox. Skrall and Vorox are pretty much my favourite 2009 canister sets because they did something different.)

That said, I don't outright dislike the 2008 Toa Nuva, however I feel that the grey of the Phantoka Toa would go better with the Mistika Toa and that the silver of the Mistika Toa would go better with the Phantoka Toa. I feel like the silver would go much better with Lewa's lime and Pohatu's orange especially. 

I suppose we could say combiners too: Spiriah was garbage. As was Gaardus. Any combiner from 2008 onwards was pretty much garbage, to be honest. IMO the Zyglak was the last decent combiner in BIONICLE.

The Niazesk was pretty cool.

• Upvote 1

ALL the worst BIONICLE sets? Alrighty then , I know this opinion is going to be quite controversial, but all the worst BIONICLE sets are...

Every set.

Ever.

I did it, I found the truth. I found all the worst sets. It's all of them.

Edited by jed1ndy
  • Upvote 2

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

Every set.

Yes yes I know about the memes, but using "every" without a limiting qualifier isn't that productive, and "sets" in this case doesn't count because the thread already specified the sets; saying all are the worst indicates they are worse than something else, which necessarily isn't them - which isn't what this thread is about! :P

Don't take this seriously, my serious response is intended to be taken jokingly! etc. I'm not grumpy. No really I'm not. Don't call me grumpy you young hooligan! :]

Kazi is the only set I dislike really. It's design is horrendous. :dead:

Whaaaaaat?

Anyway, probably the most notable one for me would be Irnakk. **shudders** (and not in the "he's a creature of nightmare" kind of way)

I suppose it wouldn't be as bad had they just left it as a combination model, but that they released it as an actual set... No.

Edited by Kopekemaster
  • Upvote 1
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Every set.

Yes yes I know about the memes, but using "every" without a limiting qualifier isn't that productive, and "sets" in this case doesn't count because the thread already specified the sets; saying all are the worst indicates they are worse than something else, which necessarily isn't them - which isn't what this thread is about! :P

Don't take this seriously, my serious response is intended to be taken jokingly! etc. I'm not grumpy. No really I'm not. Don't call me grumpy you young hooligan! :]

Perhaps it isn't productive answer. But then again, perhaps it IS the most productive answer, because it gives us a wide range to work with (the entire theme), and as long as we have this wide range, we can say "Somewhere in this specified quantity, there is, objectively, the WORST of this category." Therefore, we can all agree that, objectively, this is the correct answer. Edited by jed1ndy
  • Upvote 1

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

Perhaps it isn't productive answer. But then again, perhaps it is the MOST productive answer, because it gives us a wide range to work with (the entire theme), and as long as we have this wide range, we can say "Somewhere in this specified quantity, there is, objectively, the WORST of this category." Therefore, we can all agree that, objectively, this is the correct answer.

Perhaps, but I am unsure... Is it safer to assume one way or they other that in a given grouping there will: be something (objectively) worse (in what ways or overall or..?) than all of the others; (x)or(); not be something (objectively) worse(ditto last worse addendum) than all of the others; not to mention whether things can tie at the bottom - so I guess "all the others" can (should?) be modified in case that is a possibility - although to prevent reöccurrence I would maintain that something being the worst must be worse than something else, ie they cannot all tie?

Although if everything is necessarily just as bad as each other does that mean everything is as good as each other? or can it be more complex than a zero sum that somehow we measure good and bad separately so that something can be better than something else but also just as bad?

I would hope that that cannot be the case because I would hope for a super-symmetry that entails that the inverse of a "binary"-ish (good/[neutral]/bad?) system must necessarily have it's inverse(s) be true of it's opposite(s), ie that the opposite of the best is the worst which can both be determined be thoroughly determining the other, although there may be more tied in one position than the other (tied items have the same respective standing as a respective non-tied item).

So making many an assumption I would guess that whilst your answer is either the (one of the) most efficient answer(s) and/xor the most nonproductive answer, this is most probably because or rather makes it an arbitrary one; it is not random it is ordered and it doesn't lack meaning but it's lack of context simultaneously makes it useless to determining an answer quickly for the layman and additionally qualifies any answer reached after it even if the qualifier was arguably simplistically "self evident" (assuming one takes this in a loose sense that is the same way 2+2=4 is "self evident", arguably evidence is formed from our earliest years and reinforced ridiculously often throughout our lives), in a given series I ""know"" there could be a more specific answer and stating this doesn't present me direct information or a system to find or sort said information into a way to determine an (objective? [or subjective but thought-out]) answer.

However I elect that I exclude the G2 sets because thus far I like all of them. & wait, that still leaves me with hundreds to sort through...

Critical effort reached for 1 am: defaulting to [REDACTED].

...At least Gaardus managed to use all the pieces (I think), which is more than can be said for Rahkshi of Y.AUL.DHI.RBTRY.PVVRS,

I like to many sets and struggle deciding on what I dislike most, which is somewhat odd as normally it's easier to criticise than praise? (jks!)

No but really, Turaga Dume and Nivawk because I think it was a more important set than Umbra from a story~lore perspective, and whilst they both functioned like parts mines... they where very disappointing and I find it a bit harder to see the style compared to the many different sets I didn't like in 2009, additionally I'm excluding combiners because I think they could be very hit-or-miss, & well at least Gaardus was a fancreation that well; TLG "couldn't be bothered" trying to make all those annoying bulky silly pieces work together... noöne had much to work with there...

Toa Mata Nui *shudders* ...piece mine? in gross colours? yeah... Mata Nui was also pretty horrible, hated the Mask of Life aesthetically speaking, and his tools where...

Otherwise my opinions haven't really changed much regarding this topic; Kal where a bad move IMO, Hydraxon still evokes ...nothing.

I suppose Bitil bothers me less, & I still have *eugh* with the Piraka, Inika, & Mahri... & 2009.

But I really *dislike: Turaga Dume and Nivawk, Umbra, BrutakaToa IgnikaMata Nui, & Toa Mata Nui !

Edit: Missed some words...

Edited by Iblis

Why the dislike for the Stars? In my imagination on my Lego display, they are simple Matoran. Like Photok, Balta, Matoro… all the rest.  :P

Well... they aren't meant to be Matoran so I can see the massive dislike for them. Plus, they were the last sets of G1 - They didn't end it off with a bang like many people anticipated.

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Actually that's the thing, they're that bad that people generally automatically filter them out (although it does help that they are random impulse things which where also an outlier compared to the 'matoran'/canister/titan [vehicle etc.]), they're understood not to be a big selling point. & how some people ignore certain years (almost)? & how some claim most of the X fans ignore Y.

...Well I think most fans (of those that have seen them) do ignore them. Every now and again people point out that they're basically just an extra-pieces-pack, but generally, ignored except for the point of "not bad compared to"/"worse than" and generally mocking them...

I actually think Zesk is really cute, and Vorox was kind of almost cool, but they still had an underlying obnoxious build (pieces anyway), it's understandable in many ways why the STARS turned out the way they did, but after what people where expecting...

But whilst I can also see Gresh as (almost) cool, they all just seem to be comprised with different but similar in heavily restricted pieces (in count and variety) Moral Guys level sets, except they had thought put into them, but not enough to try and work out a combiner mind you.

Yeah, it could have been no final wave at all, mind you, but I don't know whether they absolutely had to make them impulse set-sized or not. I assume after expecting to end the franchise maybe LEGO was so scared of no one buying them that they had to be mini-sized with a "collect them all" gimmick put into them, in addition to being new versions of old favorites from previous (most successful?) years?

As for the Good/Bad Guys, they could have easily just been the absolute best they could do with a (presumably) limited range and count of parts and size, especially since they're polybag sets, in which making a passable model in the correct size and piece count is even harder because of the bigger constraction pieces.

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

Yeah, it could have been no final wave at all, mind you, but I don't know whether they absolutely had to make them impulse set-sized or not. I assume after expecting to end the franchise maybe LEGO was so scared of no one buying them that they had to be mini-sized with a "collect them all" gimmick put into them, in addition to being new versions of old favorites from previous (most successful?) years?

As for the Good/Bad Guys, they could have easily just been the absolute best they could do with a (presumably) limited range and count of parts and size, especially since they're polybag sets, in which making a passable model in the correct size and piece count is even harder because of the bigger constraction pieces.

Still, in a head cannon, does anyone like how I use the Stars as just more Matoron and Agori?

cringe

Still, in a head cannon, does anyone like how I use the Stars as just more Matoron and Agori?

Matoran with helmets and Rahkshi/Skakdi heads? How does that work?

Speaking of headcanon, it's apparently been stated twice from two different official LEGO employees that certain good/bad guy sets were/could be the Matorans' puppets (presumably non-canonically). And of course there's also Gold Good Guy/Turaga Lhikan.

Edited by TomRoid

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

Okay all I have to say is the Av/Shadow Matoran were the. Super simple builds, articulation I felt was very bad especially with Tanma's arms. They may of had really nice masks but they are the least imaginative sets. the Agori weren't much better but at least they had three colours of eyes rather than two. Which reminds me the Av/Shadow matoran had really annoying heads the did not work with the original kanohi and were to long.

-Onvermel- :pakari:  

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

Lol, has anyone mentioned those absolutely abysmal (still a blaring understatement) polybags used for promotional means, such as these pieces of swamp fodder?

http://brickset.com/sets/7716-1/QUICK-Good-Guy-White

http://brickset.com/sets/7717-1/QUICK-Bad-Guy-Green

http://brickset.com/sets/6945-1/Bad-Guy-07

http://brickset.com/sets/6126-1/Good-Guy-2008

http://brickset.com/sets/6127-1/Bad-Guy-2008

Gaardus has nothing on these horrifying demons from the deepest and darkest pits of the designer's mind. Ugh.

Edited by ~Toa Lewa~
  • Upvote 1

Gaardus has nothing on these horrifying demons from the deepest and darkest pits of the designer's mind. Ugh.

See I can almost understand Gaardus in terms of being bound by certain pieces, where as I don't see why they were so limited with those polybags... did they accidentally produce way more of those exact pieces and... ???

Gali Mistika, just what? There's no Bionicle mask that I think Ugh that's horrible and this is no exception Gali's mask looks good... just not as Gali I mean it reminds me of the Resident Evil Pyramid Heads 'cept with a eye hole and a visor attached. She is the worst of the Toa Mistika, I mean yes I will say she came with great parts but you know she has no melee weapon, at least Onua had a Shield and a nice attachment to his Nynrah Ghost Blaster and Tahu actually had a melee weapon.

B9jyQ_9IIAIinc0.png

See I can almost understand Gaardus in terms of being bound by certain pieces, where as I don't see why they were so limited with those polybags... did they accidentally produce way more of those exact pieces and... ???

Why wouldn't they be limited with those polybags? Those kind of sets have a low part count (and presumably also size) and constraction figures tend to use bigger pieces, so I suppose there would be some limitation when it comes to that. Your theory makes sense. I mean if you look at the canon polybags (besides maybe Click and Klakk, but those were BrickMaster level), they too have low part counts and very small designs.

While yes, their designs could have been better perhaps, it just could be the best out of a bad situation.

Why wouldn't they be limited with those polybags? Those kind of sets have a low part count (and presumably also size) and constraction figures tend to use bigger pieces, so I suppose there would be some limitation when it comes to that. Your theory makes sense. I mean if you look at the canon polybags (besides maybe Click and Klakk, but those were BrickMaster level), they too have low part counts and very small designs.

While yes, their designs could have been better perhaps, it just could be the best out of a bad situation.

Those are very good points. Because of there bad design and rather weird appearance I just like to think of them as matoran with hodika venom but yes they are bad sets.  I think they could of been better in the case of Good guy gold(Turaga Lihkan) and the others if they just had a second hand. If they actually had two hands they could of been a little better. 

-Onvermel- :pakari:

Edited by Onvermel

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

• 2 years later...

As awesome as Bionicle is, both in terms of story and sets, it's needless to say at this point that there have been sets that sucked. As characters, they were pretty good, but in terms of build, let's just say they weren't worth buying. Here is my list of the worst Bionicle sets.

8593 Makuta This one's gonna cause some outrage, but please just bear with me here. For the most part, it was exceptionally well-built, and it bore consistent and menacing colors, especially for Bionicle's first real titan set. However, the downfalls with this one are the function, which is wobbly and haphazard, especially for its size, and the legs, specifically its lack of knees or ankles.

Vahki These guys were the main enemies from 2004, and lackluster ones at that. First big problem, they were clone sets, meaning if you have one, you literally have them all. However, there do exist good clone sets, like the Toa Metru, the Rahkshi, the Bohrok, and the Matoran of 2001, 2003, and 2004. Speaking of the Rahkshi, they use the same swiveling shoulder function, and unfortunately, like the Rahkshi, it's very wobbly. Their leg design is basic, with only three parts, and they not only lack elbows, but they lack wrists. While they do have a pretty good, consistent color scheme, it is violently broken up with their ungodly long head and eye pieces, which not only ruins the color scheme, but also heavily limits head mobility.

8722 Kazi What can I say? His design alone was riddled with flaws. The design is identical to that of Gold Good Guy. However, you'd think they would've improved the leg design by replacing the ape feet with Bohrok feet. They did, at the expense of any leg articulation above the ankles. His color scheme was consistent, definitely something you'd expect from a Ko-Matoran, so I'll at least give them points for that. If they could just improve his build a little bit by giving him Metrutoran limbs and articulate legs, I'm sure he wouldn't be on this particular list.

8945 Solek You knew this one was going to be on this list. Where do I begin? He has the single most basic design possible, with no elbows, no knees, no functions, a very thrust-out head, and the most boring color scheme ever featured in a Bionicle set. Going back to the Rahkshi again, specifically Kurahk, you could say the same thing about the color. However, the Rahkshi were revolutionary at the time, as being the first sets to have knee articulation. Solek, as I've mentioned, does not. Even worse, the sockets on his arms, legs, and head are very brittle, and will crack if not inserted and removed carefully.

8625 Umbra Umbra was a titan set in 2006, and a really bad one at that. I respect the attempt to try something a little different by giving him roller skates, but ironically, that was one of its biggest and most literal downfalls. His staff is overly complex, when in truth, it only needs one long axle piece. Not only are there no new pieces, or even new recolors of already existing pieces, but the colors they did choose are, to say the least, inappropriate for someone whose name translates to "the darkest part of a shadow."

I think every set from 2006 was terrible with the exception of Brutaka, Axonn, Vezon and Fenrakk, Vezon and Kardas, Botar and Umbra. 

(And Good Guy of course)

The Piraka and Inika felt cheap and derpy to me compared to the Toa Metru or Toa Mahri, and oh god that Inika head design....

Have never owned Solek so I can't say much-but if it's as as people say, the only thing crappier is that they basically took that model and slapped Nuparu's Volitak on it to make Mazeka.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

As awesome as Bionicle is, both in terms of story and sets, it's needless to say at this point that there have been sets that sucked. As characters, they were pretty good, but in terms of build, let's just say they weren't worth buying. Here is my list of the worst Bionicle sets.

[snip]

Please don't post in topics that have been inactive for over sixty days.

tumblr_njacykSpCn1tryxewo1_250.gif

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg