All the Worst Bionicle Sets

aldero

I'm pretty sure the Av-Matoran and Agori basically shared the same build. Heck, they even shared the same container.

They did all share the same basic build, although Zesk flipped it around a little and both Radiak and Tarduk were also kinda weird. They're not all that different, no.

(canisters aren't really that big a factor though. i mean. the stars and the first 3 hero factory waves all shared a canister, too)

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

The Av-Matoran. They're so far the only sets to actually disappoint me upon first purchase (Solek in particular). They manage to be worse than the Shadow Matoran because at least they had melded masks, and I overall found the aesthetic appeal of the Shadow Matoran to be much stronger, plus they had Radiak. I was fine with the Agori, in part because I was used to it by then, but also because they had more diversity between sets. The Stars were more of the same; I'd rank them equal to the Agori considering their price.

• Upvote 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Far and away, the bohrok va. They're cute and all, but as official sets, even in those early days, bad lego, bad. Didn't stop me from buy all 6 though. Curse you childhood me!

We're't they the first sets to have ball joint necks? I love the Va - what didn't you like about them?

I know it might not mean much to anyone who joined after the early years, but the Va's plentiful supply of Matoran feet in six main colours was very helpful when building Matoran.

• Upvote 1

What is the Mata Nui Cow?

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Mata_Nui_Cow. (BS01 is your friend.)

The Baranus ranks up there for me. The concept was interesting, but there were too many colors and it just never really looked like it was supposed to. Of all the vehicles, it was by far the most disappointing. At least Toa Mata Nui gave us the courtesy of looking terrible from the outset.

We need a poll to get the Mukau name back into canon!

• Upvote 5

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

The Baranus ranks up there for me. The concept was interesting, but there were too many colors and it just never really looked like it was supposed to. Of all the vehicles, it was by far the most disappointing. At least Toa Mata Nui gave us the courtesy of looking terrible from the outset.

Now that is a canonization I'd support.

• Upvote 6

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Does anyone know where we would need to look we to look to work out whether than name would fall within the right bounds, I mean according to this Generally Accepted Fandom Canonization Principles, by Archon~, I'm just not really sure where to begin with this sort of thing ... I mean "The name was taken out of canon because the story team head considered it too silly", I mean a retcon of a retcon really doesn't seem...

But could we get at least one particular Mata Nui Cow to be called a Mukau? That way the silliness of it can be blamed on in-universe stuff :3

I mean Greg might not feel comfortable with-it considering the taking it by...

:)

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Lblis, I found the trainer of the Toa Mata to be the best of the 07 titans. He didn't look tubby like Karzaani, or as colortastic as Maxilos, and he wasn't a walking mouth like Gadunka. His looks give him that "I'm going to take you out cleanly and efficiently" feel.

Far and away, the bohrok va. They're cute and all, but as official sets, even in those early days, bad lego, bad. Didn't stop me from buy all 6 though. Curse you childhood me!

All the voyatoran were stumpy.

I would agree with all of you. 

Salvus, Hydraxon certainly is a great Titan. Very consistent build and shape, and was a pretty cool and solid set. Also, the Voyatoran are a bit stumpy and weren't the best builds.

The Bohrok Va are pretty bad. I would have to agree with you, Spirion.

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

Does anyone know where we would need to look we to look to work out whether than name would fall within the right bounds, I mean according to this Generally Accepted Fandom Canonization Principles, by Archon~, I'm just not really sure where to begin with this sort of thing ... I mean "The name was taken out of canon because the story team head considered it too silly", I mean a retcon of a retcon really doesn't seem...

But could we get at least one particular Mata Nui Cow to be called a Mukau? That way the silliness of it can be blamed on in-universe stuff :3

I think there are other things that are too silly in Bionicle besides moocow.

I think there are other things that are too silly in Bionicle besides moocow.

I always thought the 2007 squid were a little bit silly (or rather, amazing).

IetTsFQ.png

I agree with this.

On a side-note, it bugs me that the main picture of the Mata Nui Cow's eyes are so... tiny.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I agree with this.

On a side-note, it bugs me that the main picture of the Mata Nui Cow's eyes are so... tiny.

-NotS

They're realistic proportions. The set picture looks like a bug.

Kongu Inika was fun to play with, but what really disapointed me was how his joints started to crack a few years after his purchase.

To me, the two Hordika I owned were a bit awkwardly designed. Still, I didn't find them to be bad.

Squid launchers were a pain to use since they often didn't actually fly out of the piece.

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

Hmmm... I'd have to say the play sets from 2005/2007 (2006 not included). They each had some redeeming qualities, but were overall unimaginative, in my opinion. The 2005 figures were like board game pieces, and the 2007 figures were all simple rehashes with no individuality. The sets from 2006 are exempt from here because they were a good step up from the 2005 ones, plus were well integrated into to the storyline

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

I never liked the playsets much, either. I think my main problem was the attempt at minifigs. The 2006 ones were a bit better, but yeah, felt more like they belonged in a board game than a lego set.

Other sets I don't like. Um, off the top of my head, Kongu Mahri? Not necessarily a bad design, I just really didn't think it suited him at all. The mask was quite cool, though (again, going only by memory).

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

Hmmm... I'd have to say the play sets from 2005/2007 (2006 not included). They each had some redeeming qualities, but were overall unimaginative, in my opinion. The 2005 figures were like board game pieces, and the 2007 figures were all simple rehashes with no individuality. The sets from 2006 are exempt from here because they were a good step up from the 2005 ones, plus were well integrated into to the storyline

2007? Unimaginative?

• 2 weeks later...

You're all wrong. :P The objectively worst set (and by objectively I mean, why in the name of Gorganzola has it apparently not been posted yet) is Duracell Bad Guy. Haven't heard of him? Well, just search for him on Brickset, and you'll know why I say this with such certainty. That also goes for any other Bionicle set with the words "Bad Guy" in its name.

Edited by ~~Zarkan~~

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

I really hated the Agori. Albeit, they were better color-scheme-wise compared to the Av-Matoran, but they just looked pretty bad.

Cendox V1 imo, is probably the worst Bionicle set. The swiveling ski idea was pretty neat, but I just felt pretty ripped off after buying it. It offers nothing special, and just feels like a cash-grab. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Gadunka was weird, head was too big and what was with those teeth and skinny limbs. But it's fun saying Gadunka (Gadunka).

Umbra had a horrific "colour scheme". There was something off about Icarax's proportions... and that's pretty much it. I think most of the other sets were pretty good, no glaring flaws like these ones.

Gadunka's one of my favorite titans. Creative build, intimidating design, and a really durable and posable set that's loads of fun to play with. Only problem is that it's very, very gappy.

I didn't really like the Mata sets after the newer sets came out.

I'm actually going to have to agree with this...I definitely enjoyed the more posable sets in 06-07. When 2008 came though, I was bored of it and wanted gear functions back in the sets, but in a more posable fashion.

Edited by Evergrey_Toa

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Other than the STARS, which were undisputabley the worst, my least favorite sets would have to be the Toa Inika, none in particular, but I think Nuparu was the best of the mix. I dislike the uselessness of both the masks and heads. They were also a little underwhelming, in stature and in design of new pieces. While the swords were interesting in the way they lit up, they didn't blend well with other BIONICLE pieces. The sets themselves were also disappointing in that, unlike previous years, the pieces were not condusive to building other models with.

I didn't really like the Mata sets after the newer sets came out.

At the very least they were a good start. The Rahi (namely Muaka+Kane-Ra, Tarakava, and Nui-Jaga) were really good sets at least.

The Rahi that came out after 2003 (Guko Bird & Pewku) just had nothing. The rahi mentioned in the quote and in my parenthesis are still some of my favorite sets!

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

I thought the Toa Mahri were worse than the Inika. Except for Kongu. He's head design was pretty cool.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

So...Hydraxon is one of my favorite sets...but he also my least favorite...I bought him and returned him 2 times because both times he  came with a defective cordak blaster...in hindsight I wish I would've just sucked it up and kept him...he's the only 2007 set I don't own...(excluding good guy/bad guy).

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands: