Set Review: City 60032 Arctic Snowmobile

Smile Arctic

As winter approaches and things get chilly, the LEGO City team is prepared for the weather as they travel to the Arctic and do some exploring. Today the smallest of such LEGO City sets is reviewed: The Arctic Snowmobile. Does it heat up the building scene or is it left frozen in the ice? Check out the video review to find out!

View the full article

Lego Arctic really struck a nostalgic chord with me. The earlier theme came out just before I was really into Lego, and though I never actually bought any of the sets, my cousin had all of them, and we'd play with the parts, imagining missions and the like, for hours. As soon as I saw these sets, the similarities to the old theme were immediately apparent, but it lacked all the larger parts that limited creativity and the building experience that were so common then. I picked up the Arctic Snowmobile within the first month of its release and have never regretted it. It's a great, cheap little set that comes with plenty of accessories and play value for its limited size. My little brothers were driving it around the living room as soon as I had it built.

As far as the details go, it's fairly accurate to a snowmobile for Lego, probably the best I've seen them make. I still wish they had a better alternative for the treads, but this isn't bad. The entire back is just an odd portion that I quickly modified myself (the beauty of Lego sets :D ).

I'd highly recommend this set if you're looking for something cheap and fun to keep around. I've got it sitting on my dresser, and occasionally it's fun to mess with.