Quest For The Most Popular Set: 2007 - Into The Darkness

Toa Malachives

Favourite set from 2007! Please do not vote for Moore than one set!  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its sets were just slight variants of inika bodies. (Even the Makuta of 08 hade different bodies)

Bright candyish colors.

A lot of the characters were bland

The story wasn't as deep and complex.

At least for me personally.

A lot of these points aren't very reflective of the sets themselves though (I do agree that a lot of the Glatorian and Agori really were periphery and not memorable as characters).

I agree the Inika bodies were lame but at least we had some nice variation with sets like Skrall, Vorox, Strakk, Kiina and Gresh (to an extent). There were some cool things done. I honestly liked the aesthetic way better than 2008's.

And yeah, they were bright. I loved that. Definitely brought back a lot of 2001-03 colours and that really helped with the refreshed tribal vibe. I liked the more vibrant colour schemes than the duller monochrome schemes of Metru Nui era or the dark palette of the Ignition era.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

I see we have vastly different opinions...

Looks like one of us will have to die

No, but seriously, what is your stance on the original wave then, considering the colours were brighter than the Glatorian wave? Interested on hearing your thoughts.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I was pretty okay with that though. I liked seeing colour schemes that really broke away from the norm (which is why I liked Hahli Mahri so much). But yeah, I can see what you are saying about the original line. The black did help divvy up the colour distribution, maybe which is why the Rahkshi and Takanuva seem so weird to me.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I always loved Lesovikk, personally.  Really hearkened back to ol' Takanuva and the Ussanui.  Great colors, too.  The lime green Faxon was a great choice for him.  Good pieces on his sea sled, and it was great to get Pridak's blade in silver.

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

Nocturn.  Like a Barraki, but bigger/more complex.  I liked the GITD/trans-blue/lime, and the lime was all balls and no sockets, so it didn't even break!  The expression with the Carapar head and a Piraka foot for a jaw instead of Barraki mandibles was pretty neat, too.

• Upvote 1

sqtd1i.png

^               Often lurking, occasionally writing about sets on BS01.                     

L     This link is a bit old, but there's still some good info about combiners there.