Dushka and Cotet, two Po-Matoran

Seltz

They look a little big for Matoran, but I guess I'm just used to seeing smaller builds for that category.  :) The build looks simple, and I like the hunched look.

Although, since these are all photo edits and not basic, clear images of the MOCs themselves, perhaps this would be better served over in General Art. I say this because it looks like one of them has a very unique upper-arm design, but the photo quality makes it hard to see. This can stay here, but you may want to consider taking some more detailed pictures and having these current ones as "bonus images."

Still, nice work.

Edited by ~T1S~

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

They look a little big for Matoran, but I guess I'm just used to seeing smaller builds for that category.  :) The build looks simple, and I like the hunched look.

Although, since these are all photo edits and not basic, clear images of the MOCs themselves, perhaps this would be better served over in General Art. I say this because it looks like one of them has a very unique upper-arm design, but the photo quality makes it hard to see. This can stay here, but you may want to consider taking some more detailed pictures and having these current ones as "bonus images."

Still, nice work.

Thanks!  Here are some still gritty but less abstract pictures, hopefully you can make out the builds with these.

*florp*

Edited by Seltz

I really like their broken-down look, the po matoran slum itself is a nice touch. A bit tall and skinny, but I think you managed to capture the aesthetic well.

If the above post has offended you in any way, please send me a PM. It won't help, as I won't respond, but you may feel better afterwards, and keep your frustration to yourself instead of saying something stupid.

I really like their broken-down look, the po matoran slum itself is a nice touch. A bit tall and skinny, but I think you managed to capture the aesthetic well.

Thanks!  I worked hard on the slum. 

Those are some beefy matoran.

I really hated how all matoran were portrayed as children all throughout Bionicle's first generation.  Too idyllic.  I came up with a way to make them "grow" from a childlike form to an adult form, explained here in this excerpt from the story I plugged in the OP.

“As you know, when the great spirit Mata Nui lends his soul to one of the machines in a sleep shell floating beyond the barrier reef, they exit the shell living and sentient, once the shell beaches itself. Wherever they land dictates whether they become of water, earth, air, fire, stone, or ice. They are then given a mask to ward off the Makuta’s influence once they reach a village, and thus become a Matoran.  They’re smaller at that time, but they quickly grow, like you did.  But time does not make one an upper-class, artisan Tuakana like you are, action does.”

By "grow", I mean they reach a certain level of maturity after an unstated period of time, and then are given the opportunity to rebuild themselves as they see fit for their life, shedding their "post cryoshell" body and becoming a sort of parallel to an adult.