Toa Malkias and Dark Hunter Cragbi

Nescent

red_toa_and_dark_hunter.jpg

Dark Hunter Cragbi

looking_at_you.jpg

Cragbi grew weary of the search. It had been months, and the darn Toa kept slipping out of his grasp. The order to eliminate Malkias was of the utmost priority, and Cragbi had been failing on all accounts. Frustrated and filled with rage, he followed the Toa of Fire into a cavern...only one would leave alive. Upon seeing the Dark Hunter approach, a fire lit in the eyes of Malkias. The fight was over in five seconds, with Cragbi lying barely conscious on the cave floor. Malkias, disturbed by the event, fled and went into hiding, worried that he was being hunted. But Cragbi was persistent. As soon as his wounds healed, the chase would begin anew - but this time, he would not fail.

running.jpg

conjuring.jpg

crouched.jpg

back.jpg

Full gallery on Flickr

Toa Malkias

ready_to_hunt.jpg

Malkias stared down upon the old blade he held in his hands. Old though it may be, it showed no rust, no decay, yet to him it was ancient and evolved. He remembered how heavy it felt the first time he held it - when was that again? A lifetime ago, it seemed. The blade was pure, just as its owner, for Malkias never slew his adversaries. He dashed about his opponents faster than they could see, wounding them only so he could get away. As a Toa of Fire, he had an inherent temper, which he buried beneath a cage of discipline. The memories fading, he looked up, gathered his sword, and with his cape at his side, he set out to survive another day.

running.jpg

holding_sword.jpg

swinging_sword.jpg

resting.jpg

stabbed_the_dark_hunter.jpg

Full gallery on Flickr

I made the Dark Hunter for a contest. The Toa was built for another project, but I wound up not using him, so here he is with Cragbi instead! Malkias was pretty much just my attempt to use that Akaku Nuva creatively, and to practice getting colors to pop. I'm quite happy with how they turned out - hope you are too! Thanks for stopping by.  ^_^

• Upvote 5

IetTsFQ.png

Wow! You really made the Toa look good and unique while using a modified Inika build. The feet look nice, and the Dark Hunter is awesome. I've always loved using the Gresh armor as claws.

Thanks! Really the only parts that are Inika are the lower arms/legs, because I didn't want him to be too custom, y'know?

IetTsFQ.png

I quite like the design of both. I mean for being 'short' Cragbi is quite intimidating. And using the small gresh stars feet was certainly risky but they blend so well with the overall design. My one minor complaint, if it even counts as that, would be the use of vastus' shoulder armor as a chest piece. While it looks quite good from the front, the one semi-side view picture shows that it sticks out a bit awkwardly. But truthfully that is such a minor thing in my book that it doesn't take away from the overall design.

Edited by Voxumo: Master of Fikou
  • Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

You... I quite like the design of both. I mean for being 'short' Cragbi is quite intimidating. And using the small gresh stars feet was certainly risky but they blend so well with the overall design. My one minor complaint, if it even counts as that, would be the use of vastus' shoulder armor as a chest piece. While it looks quite good from the front, the one semi-side view picture shows that it sticks out a bit awkwardly. But truthfully that is such a minor thing in my book that it doesn't take away from the overall design.

I wish I knew a way to use that armor without the spikes getting in the way :P They do poke out in a weird way, but it didn't obstruct anything which is why I kept it.

IetTsFQ.png

Beautiful colors, and some really nice construction.  I'm iffy on Cragbi's chest piece, but there's really no other piece I can think of that'll get that look across.  The system pieces on Malkias's thing armor look a bit blocky as well.  I love that Akaku Nuva on his shoulder, the asymmetry is fantastic.  Cragbi's hands are great, too.  Excellent work!

• Upvote 1

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+