Should we determine the weapons of the Toa Mangai?

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey all - i'm fairly new to this site, so we'll see if i did the poll thing right, but i've noticed a lot of discontent about canonizing the weapons of the mangai, mostly based on the fact that the options are just too broad. i figured i'd save us some time and just jump right to the point: should we even bother continuing discussion about the toa tools if the majority doesn't want to know about them?

personally, i don't think we should decide on this, and assuming my poll works, i will be voting accordingly. with the element of the last mangai, and everyone's masks, there were/are a specific set of predetermined options we have to choose from. with the tools, it's simply too much, and there are too many opinions from too many people to consider.

Edited by maletoaofwater
  • Upvote 1

Just so you know... You enabled the ability to make multiple selections. So people could theoretically pick "yes" and "no". That's something that you should be able to still disable though by unchecking the box in the poll settings. :)

And for what it's worth, I did vote no.

~|ET|~

• Upvote 2

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I'm half at the point where I'm like "why not just go all the way?" (which is a horrible attitude for it, I know) but considering how difficult it would be (weapons polls are extremely difficult, as we've discovered), I gotta vote no.
  • Upvote 1

I'm firmly on the side of LET'S DO IT. Or, at least get a poll rolling, with "unknown" as an option. It is possible to plan out weapons via poll, it's just...not straightforward...and we'd need to reach a consensus before we start.

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

i voted no, but of course, knowing the people who do this kind of thing, they'll go ahead and canonize them anyway.

i'm really getting tired of this.

I voted no. We don't need to know everything about the Toa Mangai. I believe whatever weapons they had should be left to the imagination on the fan.

I agree. All of the Mangai canonization just feels a little unnecessary. They probably should have just stopped after canonizing the last Toa Mangai's element. And to be honest, I don't care for a second about what weapons they have. I just don't find it important.

• Upvote 2

mindeth the cobwebs

I'm a huge pro-fan-canon advocate, but I don't think this should be known, especially since Toa use different tools now and then.

• Upvote 3

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I'm still somewhat undecided, but I voted no. Unlike the mask powers and elements, the tool shapes give us very little understanding of battles or personality.

The main upside to learning them is artists who like canon-fit work, and fanfic writers. Those are enough if Greg really wants to, but it's completely up to him. If he decides that and has us run the poll, I'm fine with that. But I wouldn't want to ask him to do it.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I went the oh no spaghetti oh route and voted yes. I was going to vote no at first but I thought about Lhikan's cool sword(/shield/flying hover board?!)

I always thought it was a really cool and interesting weapon and I think it was truly a part of Lhikan. It made him seem more noble with its nice design and whatnot. If we do ever determine the Toa Mangai's weapons, which seems unlikely at this point, couldn't it fit with their masks/element? I'm not 100% down with my own argument but hey I'm trying to raise some questions.

Edited by Toa Kayn
  • Upvote 1

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

I'm pro-canonization, but I'm going to say no to this one, simply because there are too many options and that it's something I don't really care about too much.

• Upvote 1

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I'm generally pro-canonization, but the weapon is the first one I saw that I thought, Who cares? I understand the Mask and Element because they make the worldbuilding stronger, but the weapon adds virtually nothing. Maybe the next poll can be on what kind of shin guards he had.

• Upvote 4

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I'm generally pro-canonization, but the weapon is the first one I saw that I thought, Who cares? I understand the Mask and Element because they make the worldbuilding stronger, but the weapon adds virtually nothing. Maybe the next poll can be on what kind of shin guards he had.

flared shin guards, or possibly something wooden. :b

• Upvote 3

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

how long do you guys think we should wait before calling it a day for this one? we already have an overwhelming majority saying no, but i don't want to cut this too soon. i'm thinking a week?

I think a week would be a good length of time before closing this poll. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

how long do you guys think we should wait before calling it a day for this one? we already have an overwhelming majority saying no, but i don't want to cut this too soon. i'm thinking a week?

I think a week would be a good length of time before closing this poll. 

But what happens when the "no" bar is completely filled in? :D

But yeah, most of what needed to be said has been said already, but in case that's untrue, it would be a good idea to keep this going for a week.

mindeth the cobwebs

Once again, you are not Greg Farshtey.

i'm pretty sure everyone here is aware of that.

if you could elaborate on what you mean by this, though...?

Of course I'm not Greg. It seems that he is going around thinking that once this has been completed that it is automatically canon, but Greg has to approve it. If he didn't like it, he wouldn't approve the stuff.

• Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Of course I'm not Greg. It seems that he is going around thinking that once this has been completed that it is automatically canon, but Greg has to approve it. If he didn't like it, he wouldn't approve the stuff.

Sometimes he is put under pressure.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

The Three Virtues talked about this in the newest episode. I'm rather indifferent about the situation.

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

The Three Virtues talked about this in the newest episode.

your point being?

i voted no. its entirely irrelevant at this point and if i wanna give naho a giant pizza cutter as a dual-purpose weapon/vehicle then i will and i dont want a bunch of nerds coming in to tell me its not canon

its decided. pizza cutter naho is canon. this is the only one that will be canonized, everyone go home

• Upvote 7

i voted no. its entirely irrelevant at this point and if i wanna give naho a giant pizza cutter as a dual-purpose weapon/vehicle then i will and i dont want a bunch of nerds coming in to tell me its not canon

its decided. pizza cutter naho is canon. this is the only one that will be canonized, everyone go home

YES. It's the last Mangai weapon that will ever be canonized! Enjoy, folks!

I think I'm actually gonna make that.

• Upvote 1

mindeth the cobwebs

Sometimes he is put under pressure.

Oh please. He was put under pressure when it took him 7 posts before he broke down and said, Fine, Lehvak-Kal is in orbit.

With this, he willingly accepts any results, and has recently stated that the polls don't bother him.

Also, half the stuff discussed in that TTV episode was misinformation and speculation/assumptions.

• Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

The Three Virtues talked about this in the newest episode.

your point being?

I was just saying, sheesh.

• Upvote 1

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

I voted no, since it's not really necessary as part of a Toa's identity. Tahu is Tahu whether he wields a flame sword or a lava board (No, Mistika doesn't count, not does Stars)

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

In my opinion, the Mangai should be legendary and we should have left it at elements. Kanohi is already too much, let's not include weapons into this.

That's an interesting point you got there. Tell me, does it basically mean that the legend wasn't supposed to be detailed like a lot of fairy tales? But yeah, preserving the legend is a pretty fresh point here.
  • Upvote 1

mindeth the cobwebs

Paraphrasing what i said on the Toa Mangai of the Green's weapon topic...

I voted yes. I think that the mangai weapons canonization status should be handled on a weapon-by-weapon basis, not a blanket "NO MORE". With the GAFCP in place now, there is space for random "something wooden" style suggestions to be rejected, but to accept people who submit a well-thought out reasoning for a weapon, and to have the poll based on those. If the majority opinion truly is that they all remain unknown, then in every poll, "unknown" would win. However, the idea that we should blanketly say that there should not be any discussion about the weapons at all is something i am against. This silences those in favor canonization, just like people who had been against canonization had (unfortunatly) been silenced up to this point.

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to revive this somewhat old thread but I only just came across it via a link elsewhere on the site. I can't help but notice that more than three times as many people voted no on this than yes. Does that mean the weapons will NOT be receiving the same desperate canonisation polls as the other Mangai topics that have been going around? Also, did anyone ever do one of these polls for the mangai masks before all of Boidoh's polls for those started? Might be interesting to see how people feel about them, even though it would be retroactive seeing as so many have already finished now. We can always 'uncanon' these things if 75% of the community disagrees with the choices though right?

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!