What to Expect in Graphic Novel 8: Legends of Bara Magna

Boidoh

I bought this book back in October and now it will finally arrive sometime this week. I want to know what to expect in them?

Also, I just looked at some pictures and I could tell that Sayger did the AoSR comic... :P

This graphic novel just seems... different. I mean... http://biosector01.com/wiki/images/b/bd/AOSR_Baterra_Attacking.png

It is awesome. It seems that this book is the only place you can read about the Baterra.

What got me most excited was when I saw the GSR gallery.

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/File:AOSR_Great_Spirit_Robot_Departing_Spherus_Magna.jpg

Look at that silver version of the Mata Nui set flying in space. :P

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/File:AOSR_Great_Spirit_Robot_Construction.jpg

Although kinda ugly, IT STILL LOOKS AWESOME!

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/File:AOSR_Matoran_Building_Great_Spirit_Robot.png

Look here. A matoran OUTSIDE the MU.

Anything cool I should expect. And how is that comic about Malum.. The Exile's Tale. It seems the most boring...

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Just any cool little details.

Plus I know basically the entire history of BIONICLE. Whatever info on the wiki that came from these comics; I probably already know.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I remember I bought this book back when it first released. I love it! Its art is amazing in all four of the comics that are included. Out of the 3 exclusive comics, the 3rd one really stands out from the rest as I believe it was Sayger that drew them. So it looks much more washed up when compared to the other Bara Manga comics. I really like Sayger style and the stories included in them are great! You get to learn a little backstory about Malum (one of my favorite 09 characters!). I wont spoil it much more :P

You can expect the last story to feature a lot of contrived usage of characters due to their ridiculous 100,000 plus lifespans.

How Kyry is still considered young and inexperienced after having gone with Raanu for the EP during the Core War is beyond me.

god i hope the new bionicle has people die more

• Upvote 2

AXKP5KC.png

Amazing art in the first two stories. The colors are outstanding. The third story's art looks like garbage compared to the other to (I never liked Sayger's artstyle one bit).

Farshtey's stories are entertaining, with great dialogue between characters.

The only thing that bothers me is that, when the Skrall brings in some logs to the base near the end of the first story, if you look closely you'll see that a Zesk and Raanu are riding there too. Huh?

Five stars, even with Sayger's poor artistic skill.

Oh come on, you can't just say that he has a "poor artistic skill". His style is different, yes, but that doesn't make it bad.

While he doesn't do a very good job at making the characters look exactly like their real-life counterparts (wich isn't his intention anyway), he makes them look much more lively and exciting than any of the other Bionicle comic artists.

But to get back on topic, I can't recommend this book enough. Amazing art throughout all stories and some interesting back story on a few very cool characters.

Edited by doodleloot
  • Upvote 1

Hail Denmark

Oh come on, you can't just say that he has a "poor artistic skill". His style is different, yes, but that doesn't make it bad.

While he doesn't do a very good job at making the characters look exactly like their real-life counterparts (wich isn't his intention anyway), he makes them look much more lively and exciting than any of the other Bionicle comic artists.

His sketchbook sort of style can work - he just doesn't do it very well. He doesn't put any life into his characters. Not lively or exciting at all.

D'Anda, Elliot, and Zanier were able to bring a certain life into their characters that Sayger just wasn't able to do. I do like the Hakann poster he did, and the comic covers look cool, but the characters seem so devoid of animation when it comes to the actual illustrations on the inside pages.

An awesome graphic novel. Great to have these stories told first-hand and shown in excellent detailed illustrations. The Zanier comics are some of the best in all of Bionicle I'd say - I love the art style and there is really a sense of intensity, especially in the Skrall Comic. The Core War comic is cool too, a nice return to form for Sayger and I really dig the interpretation of some of the events (though Mata Nui being in canister form bugs me so much).

Awesome graphic novel overall. Makes me sad we never saw GN#8 hit the light of day.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg