Boxor....

Boidoh

The Boxor was made from Bohrok parts, and the Bohrok are transformed Av-Matoran... The Boxor is morbid.

• Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Eh, I'm made of dead stuff, possibly made up of things that were once people too, *shrugs* particles have histories...

Seems like the Great Beings hadn't bothered creating any steps to counter this possibility. Maybe they like morbid things?

What really bothered me was the Red Star, & resurrection, & what can come after... or lack resurrection.

But what bugged me first I think, was the Rahkshi; Kraata control Rahkshi, & Kraata become Rahkshi.

It's so similar to the Av-Matoran -> Bohrok -> Boxor, (Matoran 'pilot')

But this time it's so much more apparent that inside you're siblings corpse,

I guess we can hope that most Kraata never really noticed..? :/

At least with the Boxor it's probably safe to say that no harm done, cause by the time they were a Bohrok they were already dead, rebuilt into soemthing that looks different, & then again; so it's seems more along the lines of this glass of water here was drunk by a dinosaur.

"Poor dinosaur... and, Wait you mean this is? Eww...!", a legit reaction I've heard xD

Besides it draws the parallel that the GBs are amoral or of little social thought at best ;)

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

I think Greg said that if the Bohrok somehow transformed back into Matoran, they would have their old memories, or something like that. So what if there was a way to transform the Boxor into a Matoran again...

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

I raise you this bonesquote for fun:

I agree Bohrok are one likely source, or rather indirect source, as the Boxor (made from Bohrok) became unneeded. They probably kept some around just to play it safe, but once the Bohrok War was over, the Boxor would be more of a source of metal for re-use. And some Bohrok had probably been disabled by the war battles without having yet been turned into Boxor. They had other metals, but they were used in machinery already integrated into the villages for a thousand years. The Turaga might have sanctioned the deconstruction of some of those things (and maybe some were already damaged by the Bohrok anyways), but I doubt that point is early enough. If anything they were for all appearances building more things like the stadium. Plus they needed metal for rebuilding the Matoran themselves. So, Bohrok primarily.

And if you think that's creepy, keep in mind that probably every atom you have ever eaten was once inside some living thing or another that died. :P (And same for the atoms making up our paper or even most metal money... or the electronics storing our digital money etc.) The Matoran life is actually far less creepy than ours in that light, as most dead bodies just disappeared.

It's sort of about money, but it's also about Bohrok/Boxor, so I let it fly. :P

Now, granted, we don't turn ourselves into money, but we do use other people's body parts to sustain ourselves (transplants) and our bodies do decompose to be sucked up by plants, which is how we get food and paper for money. Not too big of a difference - the Matoran "decomposed" into Bohrok, so yeah. No big deal.

It's a shame the old topics vanished away the last time they upgraded the forum, or else I'd link you to a few posts where me and Silverglass discussed the possibility of "zombie" Exo-Toa made from the remains of dead Toa of Light.

I remember that topic. It gave me nightmares.

Didn't the Matoran also use the Bohrok's "spare parts" to rebuild themselves...? The whole Bohrok -> Av-Matoran gets creepier and creepier as you think about it.

Edited by Click

I remember that topic. It gave me nightmares.

Didn't the Matoran also use the Bohrok's "spare parts" to rebuild themselves...? The whole Bohrok -> Av-Matoran gets creepier and creepier as you think about it.

Eh, it's just the metal shell of a long dead being, it's not like there's muscle tissue left on them. And even if there were, the inhabitants of the Matoran Universe would not find it gross the same way we find blood and gore gross. They don't exactly kill Matoran for the sole purpose of building Boxor out of them. they just reuse parts that could never go back in "the cycle" anyways.

If humans left behind a skeleton that never rotted I'd bet we'd be using the material much like they did in the old days with animal skeletons, in order to make tools and other useful items.

If humans left behind a skeleton that never rotted I'd bet we'd be using the material much like they did in the old days with animal skeletons, in order to make tools and other useful items.

Plants grow from soil. We eat plants. The plants become part of us. When we die, we decompose into soil. Plants grow in soil...

We already do. Food. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

I only ever saw the Bohrok --> Boxor thing as a machine being rebuilt into another machine, nothing more. Av-Matoran turning into Bohrok was kind of a stupid plot twist, but then they are still utterly dead. It's not like the Bohrok silently hopes the Toa will kill it so that it can end its miserable existence as a temporary slave worker.

If they did that would be pretty metal, though. Pun intended.

• Upvote 1

When you look at it from an outside viewpoint, it makes sense. Mata Nui was a very contained ecosystem, there was only so much "stuff" available. Once some of that stuff was no longer needed (some of the av matoran must have completed whatever the GB's required them to do), that stuff should be repurposed into other stuff. On mata nui, unless they wanted their arm to be made out of rocks/be left defending themselves with severly low tech, there was nothing else to recieve parts from. So, to repair themselves, they took it from parts that were no longer usable. If we were to ask greg (don't do it), i bet we'd find that there'd be some sort of instinct to collect no longer functional parts, in their code or whatever. The GB's never intended them to have full sentience, so they would not have seen it as an issue.

Then we drop the outside viewpoint, and realise that these were, in the story, real people. We got to know av matoran like Takua and Tanma pretty darn well. In both of their futures, due to some highly advance beings deciding they should, they could easily become a mindless drone. Likely, the GBs never saw them as anything more than drones in the first place.

I like Bionicle...contained within the story is a detailed critique on humanity creating artificial intellegence, and the morality of doing so. (Although I highly doubt that was intended, and I just overanalyzed it, as is my way. I love doing that. XD)

• Upvote 3

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

I only ever saw the Bohrok --> Boxor thing as a machine being rebuilt into another machine, nothing more. Av-Matoran turning into Bohrok was kind of a stupid plot twist, but then they are still utterly dead. It's not like the Bohrok silently hopes the Toa will kill it so that it can end its miserable existence as a temporary slave worker.

Yeah, I never really saw the point of that actually. Did the Great Beings actually think one day, 'hm, we want to copy our previous creation, the Baterra, to clean the landscape off of Mata Nui's face. I know, I'll turn random Av-matoran, one at a time, into lifeless biomechanoids that will clear off every mountain sized zit on the that island!'

As for turning bohrok bodies in boxors, I'm not sure of the morality of it all, but I wonder what Napuru will think when he realises what he's done.

Edited by Toa Jaxus
  • Upvote 1

How did Nuparu manage to get blue (Gahlok) Bohrok and turn them into black and orange Boxors? 

Wasn't it assumed he re-painted them?

black and orange because he's nuparu.

But what did he use to paint them? Did they even have paint on Mata-Nui?

I thought they did. The Matoran masks were painted, and while the original coat might have been applied on Metru Nui, you'd think over 1000 years they would need to do some touch-ups.  

How did Nuparu manage to get blue (Gahlok) Bohrok and turn them into black and orange Boxors? 

I thought they did. The Matoran masks were painted, and while the original coat might have been applied on Metru Nui, you'd think over 1000 years they would need to do some touch-ups.  

I thought masks changed colour to match the user. 

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

The real question is: how did he have any paint accessible in the underground tunnels of Onu-Wahi? 

bZpOwEr

That is if the mask isn't painted...

The real question is: how did he have any paint accessible in the underground tunnels of Onu-Wahi? 

probably the same place he got a welding torch and other tools? idk, nuparu probably has a hammerspace bag like takua did.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Only Great and Noble masks. Matoran masks remain grey, like when they were made, unless you paint them.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Only Great and Noble masks. Matoran masks remain grey, like when they were made, unless you paint them.

It generally applies to Toa transformations: Matoran --> Great. 

Edited by fishers64

probably the same place he got a welding torch and other tools? idk, nuparu probably has a hammerspace bag like takua did.

I thought he made his tools with the Gahlok parts.

Perhaps he painted it with the blood of the dead Krana. 

Gahlok krana are orange... but something tells me this isn't a thought we should elaborate on, just a hunch.

It's purple when it's dormant. Maybe he removed the krana, mashed them up, mixed the blood and juices with some soil, and got some black paint.

Nuparu is very resourceful, isn't he? 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

I would assume that the original Boxor would be a little bit meshed up in colors, simply due to the materials available and emergency of the situation?

That makes me wonder, were all the Boxor actually black, or were they just a mix of colors from whatever Bohrok were used? Maybe they were a little more rainbow at first, them painted black?? Hmm

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Nuparu used tools made from the protodermis mined in Onu-Wahi and paint made from berries or minerals. Not everything is Bohrok parts, you know.

Also, the Boxor thing might seem morbid from a human perspective, but to a species that can pretty much take themselves apart and put themselves back together again, the Bohrok pieces are just spare parts, regardless of origin. And the Bohrok don't even have organics other than the Krana, so they aren't even killing the Av-Matoran.

• Upvote 1

aouROFb.png

but then what tools did he use to make those tools? O:

TOOLCEPTION! 

Nuparu used tools made from the protodermis mined in Onu-Wahi and paint made from berries or minerals.

Are you implying that krana are actually berries? 

bZpOwEr

but then what tools did he use to make those tools? O:

Lego bricks, of course! :P

you mean technic parts right?

-NotS

Sure. Except that laser-tool he used which is actually a type of minifigure camera.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.