Generally Accepted Fandom Canonization Principles

Archon~

Introduction

Let's face something: Greg Farshtey is allowing fans to, to some extent, contribute to the Gen1 Bionicle Universe by canonizing minor details that were left untold in the story (ex. Kanohi of various characters such as the Toa Cordak, Makuta of Stelt, Tridax, landscapes, creators of certain Rahi, etc.).

I would also like to point out for those who don't know that fan canonizations are the only way to continue the Gen1 Bionicle worldbuilding and story as Lego has no interest in opening that file again and have given Greg authorization to varify some minor issues.

I doubt that will change anytime soon, and with the amount of minor details that are left unsaid in the story, but can be filled up, I came to the conclusion that some general guidelines for fan canonization are needed, especially on BZP where the members are allowed to vote on these issues.

That being fact, I have taken into account what everyone in the S&T Forum has said regarding the issue, and I have attempted to create the GAFCP, in order to better the overall structurequality, and fairness of the inevitable fan canonization polls, as well as BZP member action on LMB. While I have tried to consider everyone's input on the issue and make this fair for everyone, I encourage suggestions and questions regarding the GAFCP, and please feel free to post and discuss the Principles in this topic.

In order to prevent rampant canonization, I believe that certain are to be set in order, and I hope that the community will accept this as common practice and join me in building these statures.

With that, I am pleased to present to you...

~  Generally Accepted Fan Canonization Principles  ~

Greg Farshtey Disclaimers

Although I cannot speak in the name of Mr. Farshtey, I will offer disclosures he has added regarding the more lenient fan canonization era:

·         Information that came first, overrides any present information stated by Mr. Farshtey, if present information is contrary to what has been stated in the past.​

Ratification: Due to large amounts of "retcon", Greg stated the above in his LMB topic (link will be provided soon). Since the Bionicle story is vast and complex and has ended several years ago, it is reasonable to understand that a man with a job, other projects, and a child to take care of will forget minor details of the story that he has confirmed a while back. Luckily, BS01 offers an extensive database for reference.

·         Greg Farshtey finds it offensive when fans consider him to "not care about the story", and in fact cares deeply

Ratification: In a recent quote (link will be provided soon), Mr. Farshtey has stated that he finds it offensive when fans accuse him of not caring for the Gen1 Bionicle story, and assures fans that he in fact does due to the fact that he spent a decade writhing for Bionicle

·         The reason Greg answers questions on LMB instead of coming up with stuff on his own is simply due to lack of time

Ratification: Coming up with new material takes time, and due to prior more important obligations, Mr. Farshtey cannot take time to do this, but can answer questions posed by fans once in a while. This was also stated on LMB (link will be provided soon).

Mediums By Which Canonization is Achieved (Currently)

There are two primary ways in which canonization is achieved as of 2014. Both are done through the "Ask Me Anything" topic on the Lego Message Boards with authorization from Greg Farshtey, the writer behind most of Gen1 Bionicle's story.

·         Lego Message Board with BZP Discussion

·         Lego Message Board with BZP Intensive Polling and Discussion

In this document, I will address some principles for both of these mediums, and they are both related to BZPower discussion, or at least should be since some of the most involved and knowledgeable fans are located on this forum.

Principles Regarding Achieving Canonization Through the Lego Message Boards and BZP Discussion

• Research Your Issue Before Asking Greg Anything to Potentially Canonize Anything

This should be fairly self-explanatory. Pursue valid 2nd hand sources and refer to the books/ comics/ movies if you need a reminder on an issue.

• ​​​Carefully Develop Your Idea

Consider how your idea might affect other canon events in the storyline. Does it make sense? Does it conflict with anything? Give it some overall thought.

• Present Your Idea to BZP’s S&T Forum as a Topic

Do this to get member input. Provide Info you found in your argument. You might have missed something that they know about! Let the community decide what the final passage for presentation will be as this is a community project. Some members might like what you have, others might not.

• Hold a Poll to See if People Would Like to See Your Idea Canon

Again, since this is a community project and members may or may not like what you have to present, make sure to get the input of as much of the community as possible. Don’t forget to advertise the poll in your signatures in order to get more votes! Invite members from other websites to join BZP and vote on the issue as well. The option that has a higher number will be the one we should act on. The polls will be open for 12 days.

• Present The Idea to Greg Farshtey on LMB

If YES is what the community voted on, in majority, even a slim one, a representative from BZP should forward the summarized argument to Greg and await his results. This member will also report back any problems Greg might have found to see if we can ratify them.

• Accepting Into Canon

If all of the above are done, and Greg decides that it’s okay to include said argument/idea into canon, then so will be done.

Principles Regarding Achieving Canonization Through the Lego Message Boads & BZP Polling & Discussion

• Research Unknown Issue Before Asking Greg Anything to Potentially Canonize Anything

This should be fairly self-explanatory. Pursue valid 2nd hand sources and refer to the books/ comics/ movies if you need a reminder on an issue.

• Carefully Develop Your Idea

Consider how your idea might affect other canon events in the storyline. Does it make sense? Does it conflict with anything? Give it some overall thought, especially if the poll applies to issues where elements, masks, geography, tools/weapons are at stake.

• Present Your Idea to BZP’s S&T Forum as a Topic

Do this to get member input. Provide info you found in your argument. You might have missed something that they know about! Let the community decide what the final passage for presentation will be as this is a community project. Some members might like what you have, others might not.

• Hold a Poll to See if People Would Like to See Your Idea Canon

Again, since this is a community project and members may or may not like what you have to present, make sure to get the input of as much of the community as possible. Don’t forget to advertise the poll in your signatures in order to get more votes! Invite members from other websites to join BZP and vote on the issue as well. The option that has a higher number will be the one we should act on. The polls will be open for 12 days.

The difference between the poll in the previous section and this one lies in the fact that polls of this nature will have one extra question other than the “Yes or No” question. The extra question will list options that members can pick and choose from. These options will be carefully looked over by other members and any potential disagreements should be presented to Greg as if they were a separate issue. AKA Consult fellow members before submitting a question to Greg right away.

• Present The Idea to Greg Farshtey on LMB

If YES is what the community voted on, in majority, even a slim one, a representative from BZP should forward the decided choice to Greg and await his results. This member will also report back any problems Greg might have found to see if we can ratify them, and perhaps recall and restart the poll.

• Accepting Into Canon

If all of the above are done, and Greg decides that it’s okay to include said argument/idea into canon, then so will be done.

Final Disclaimer

This is a community project. This is but a first draft. The goal of these suggested guidelines is to respect everyone’s (or as many people that we can reach) voices and ensure fair future canonization of the Story and Toyline we all know and love.

If you notice spelling grammars, phrasing errors, have ideas to add, feel free to PM me or post in this topic.

Links to Current Polls/ Fan Canon Discussions:

Personal Disclaimer:

I hope this truly becomes a community project and document we strive to adhere to. This is a draft I created and that I think we can build on.

Canonization shouldn’t be a pursuit for glory, nor a pursuit to leave one’s mark, but rather a pursuit to better the story we all love, and grew up with.

As a minority of “Bionicle Experts”, so to say, we are quite knowledgeable regarding the subject, and if we attempt to control the unstoppable canonization that will take place, we may yield better results to be added to the story we all love.

Big thanks to bonesiii for approving this. :)

• Upvote 12

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Oh, good! Finally, a good set of guidelines. I'm glad someone took it upon themselves to organize something like this. (Although, you did post the "Principles Regarding Achieving Canonization Through the Lego Message Boads & BZP Polling & Discussion" section in there twice :P )

In all honesty, I can't think of anything that need be added. You've covered most of the bases with this, and I commend you for that.

• Upvote 2

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I will look over it once again once finals are done at my school and make sure it looks all nice and stuff and correct some mishaps like that.

Thanks for pointing it out. :) It'd be cool if I get some more feedback on anything y'all would like to add/edit.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

***Toa Kyraan***

I will look over it once again once finals are done at my school and make sure it looks all nice and stuff and correct some mishaps like that.

Thanks for pointing it out. :) It'd be cool if I get some more feedback on anything y'all would like to add/edit.

There was maybe one spelling error, but besides that and the double insertion, it looks fairly clean and well-done. Anything else that could be added would have to be geared toward very specific categories of information. This is broad enough that it covers almost everything.

Although, there's one thing I might suggest (I don't think you mentioned it in the post--looking back over it again turns up nothing of it) that perhaps we should do something like the Story Squad from a few years back? Say, have all the ideas brought to S&T for discussion and polling, and then, when that's done, have an official member who knows their way around the story and with presenting a good argument (i.e. bonesii, fishers64, or even myself, just to name a few) to go and clearly express the verdict reached by the masses on here to Greg for his approval. This would help big time.

Edited by ~T1S~

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Principles Regarding Achieving Canonization Through the Lego Message Boads & BZP Polling & Discussion should be renamed Principles Regarding Achieving Canonization Through Integrated Concept Examination so that you could have a perfect acronym :P Easy to remember, and it describes itself! Just list LMB and BZP as the places to do that process as the first step if they're critical.

Edited by Pomegranate
  • Upvote 3

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Thanks a ton for this, Archon. I only had time right now to skim some parts of it, but what I'm seeing looks good. Now we should try to work on a short version (maybe Thormen's one from the previous topic... and BTW does anybody have the link to that topic? I stupidly lost track of it thinking it would stay active longer) to post to the S&T rules and guidelines topic with the link here.

Unfortunately the admins have declined having any actual rules with this, but we can still put emphasis on it as guidelines.

To T1S, if Greg wants to retry the Story Squad, perhaps less formally this time, I'm all for it. But we will be unofficially checking these things anyways, and as anybody can join in we might be even more likely to catch things. So I'm unsure if it's actually needed. The nice thing about the squad that has been lost now, though, is that proposals that the "experts" agreed weren't worth it would get turned down before going to polls. Had Toa Cordak come through us, it would not have passed, I can virtually guarantee. If he wants to set that up, I think things like the Mangai weapons would probably be filtered out and there would probably be less angst about those worried about trigger-happy canonizations.

On the other hand, now it's not just a few people checking them in the initial stages but everybody, so catching issues is even more likely. :shrugs:

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Here is Thormen's topic.

*applauds current topic for being awesome*

Also, the last time S&T "experts" had to decide/judge something was the Memoirs contest. That was no good. :P The bottom line is that who is an active member with the "expertise" tends to change rather quickly, with a couple of notable exceptions. So it may be wiser to just let everyone decide, and let the appeal/not appeal of a particular idea get sorted out over a wide variety of taste-opinions. 

Of course, the "experts" may provide a convincing case for their position that could turn into a bandwagon, but having them on a pedestal only makes that effect worse, not better. :P

Not half bad.

I'd split the "discussions" away from the "polls", personally. Fan discussions often veer off wildly, even if they have polls within them, the polls themselves should try to be more focused (Mask of Conjuring debate notwithstanding, apparently).

(And just a general reminder, if you don't see it on BS01, ask about it! If we haven't noted it, there's generally a good reason, or if it's a specific detail, most of us have been around enough to recall a thing or two. Somebody will know!)

• Upvote 1

To T1S, if Greg wants to retry the Story Squad, perhaps less formally this time, I'm all for it. But we will be unofficially checking these things anyways, and as anybody can join in we might be even more likely to catch things. So I'm unsure if it's actually needed. The nice thing about the squad that has been lost now, though, is that proposals that the "experts" agreed weren't worth it would get turned down before going to polls. Had Toa Cordak come through us, it would not have passed, I can virtually guarantee. If he wants to set that up, I think things like the Mangai weapons would probably be filtered out and there would probably be less angst about those worried about trigger-happy canonizations.

On the other hand, now it's not just a few people checking them in the initial stages but everybody, so catching issues is even more likely. :shrugs:

Also, the last time S&T "experts" had to decide/judge something was the Memoirs contest. That was no good. :P The bottom line is that who is an active member with the "expertise" tends to change rather quickly, with a couple of notable exceptions. So it may be wiser to just let everyone decide, and let the appeal/not appeal of a particular idea get sorted out over a wide variety of taste-opinions. 

Of course, the "experts" may provide a convincing case for their position that could turn into a bandwagon, but having them on a pedestal only makes that effect worse, not better. :P

What I meant was more for having an official representative take the verdict to Greg. We'd still have a regular discussion amongst all the members here, but once we reached a point of agreement, we have an individual with expertise on the story and presentation of a case take it to Greg instead of having someone less experienced going in and giving the wrong information, possibly getting the wrong answer.

Question asked-->BZP discussion-->polls-->reach verdict-->send representative to Greg.

This way, we'd have an official "voice" to present the newly determined article of canonization. Sorry if that wasn't clear in my earlier post. :P

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

What I meant was more for having an official representative take the verdict to Greg. We'd still have a regular discussion amongst all the members here, but once we reached a point of agreement, we have an individual with expertise on the story and presentation of a case take it to Greg instead of having someone less experienced going in and giving the wrong information, possibly getting the wrong answer.

Question asked-->BZP discussion-->polls-->reach verdict-->send representative to Greg.

This way, we'd have an official "voice" to present the newly determined article of canonization. Sorry if that wasn't clear in my earlier post. :P

I don't think that is truly necessary in most cases - the member who suggested it would probably take the case to Greg with the question. After all, it's their suggestion, so they have every motive to get it right. (If the suggestion originated on here and the person involved does not have a LMB account, we can always send Boidoh or I can volunteer or someone else can step up. Not a big deal. :shrugs:)

Also, none of this is endorsed by BZPower as a entity, keep in mind. It's all individuals running suggestions through us to avoid offending us or making canonization mistakes. 

• Upvote 1

I'd rather not delegate and kind of "representative". Having an "official" position like that tends to rub people the wrong way, and it can lead to people glory-seeking, a problem that has been mentioned in some of the other topics.
  • Upvote 2

I don't think that is truly necessary in most cases - the member who suggested it would probably take the case to Greg with the question. After all, it's their suggestion, so they have every motive to get it right. (If the suggestion originated on here and the person involved does not have a LMB account, we can always send Boidoh or I can volunteer or someone else can step up. Not a big deal. :shrugs:)

Also, none of this is endorsed by BZPower as a entity, keep in mind. It's all individuals running suggestions through us to avoid offending us or making canonization mistakes. 

Fair enough. To be clear, they bring us the case, we make a decision, and then they take that out and apply it? Our involvement as a community ends there? Just to clarify that. 

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

So what this is saying is that since I am a member of BZP, I am not allowed to go on the LMB because I never made a discussion topic about it?

Otherwise I agree on most of the stuff presented here.

• Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Great set of guidelines, although after watching TTV podcast 122, I feel like another rule should be added to the list.

Questions presented to Greg must be open-ended, instead of putting words in his mouth.
For example: Instead of "Does the 3rd Ice Toa Mangai wear a Kakama?"
We should ask "What Kanohi does the 3rd Ice Toa Mangai wear?"
See the difference? This way, we still get clarification on an issue whilst leaving the decision ultimately to Greg.

In my opinion, these mass-voting polls are wrestling control away from the author.

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

So what this is saying is that since I am a member of BZP, I am not allowed to go on the LMB because I never made a discussion topic about it?

Otherwise I agree on most of the stuff presented here.

No.. It encourages you to think about any canon-potential idea and post it here for other members to discuss about it and all so we can think of adequate phrasing to present to Greg. :)

No one's saying that you can't go on there and talk about existing stuff and all, but it rather affects the canonizing aspect of those talks, since after all, if something were easily to be made canon other fans should input whether they want that as a part of the story or no.

Besidea, since you're one of the members who has an LMB account, you could potentially present the info to the topic. :P

That reminds me, all members that would like to present an idea now and then (rotations will be included to discourage "fame seeking"), please put your LMB names in the topic so I can add you to the first post!

Also, if anyone wants to make banners or whatever to encourage voting next time we have a poll, post it here too so I can add that to the main post. However, please no overly biased ones (aka, stay away from political advertising for the sake of being civil). :)

Edited by Archon~

Archon                      

***Toa Kyraan***

LMB Name: Boidoh

Another minor complaint. This is just one small thing that bugs me a little, not a really big problem. When a poll is marked as GAFCP Approved... IDK... Something just rubs me the wrong way about it...

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

It just means that it coincides with the Principles. Nothing else. The ones that are Unapproved simply mean that they didn't fulfill all the requirements.

I was going to use Verified and Unverified originally, but yeah.

Archon                      

***Toa Kyraan***

My LMB username is PointlessQuestions, which, now that I think about it, doesn't accurately reflect my views towards canonization. :/

I'd feel frustrated if I had to post a new topic every time I wanted to ask a question on the LMB thread. Could we set up a pinned thread where people can propose and discuss new questions?

Edited by Yaldabaoth
  • Upvote 3
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Fair enough. To be clear, they bring us the case, we make a decision, and then they take that out and apply it? Our involvement as a community ends there? Just to clarify that. 

Probably. If they ignore our decision and go do their own thing, then we reserve the right not to put it on BS01 and/or discuss it as canon here, as applicable - especially if it contradicts existing canon. 

But other than that, our community involvement would end there, yes. 

I don't think I'll be making too many suggestions, but my LMB handle is fishers64.

Edited by fishers64

My LMB username is PointlessQuestions, which, now that I think about it, doesn't accurately reflect my views towards canonization. :/

I'd feel frustrated if I had to post a new topic every time I wanted to ask a question on the LMB thread. Could we set up a pinned thread where people can propose and discuss new questions?

Well, the posting of a new topic only applies if you want to attempt to make something canon. Not other LMB questions.

Although, having a topic where we could suggestions and clarify simpler things would be much better. I'm just afraid that it would get very cluttered and messy. Maybe post it in the general topic first and then make new discussion topic if the issue isn't settled and requires further discussion?  :shrugs:

Probably. If they ignore our decision and go do their own thing, then we reserve the right not to put it on BS01 and/or discuss it as canon here, as applicable - especially if it contradicts existing canon. 

But other than that, our community involvement would end there, yes. 

I don't think I'll be making too many suggestions, but my LMB handle is fishers64.

Mine is Calen872. I probably won't be asking much, but that's not to say I never will.

And the point of having many members give their LMB usernames is to avoid bias, so that the member who initially suggests the potential canon idea doesn't present the idea to Greg, but rather have a neutral party do it, submitting all the cumulated facts here instead of (potenitally) manipulating their wording to make the idea seem more reasonable than it actually would be. Tis all about fairness.  :smash:  :smash:  :smash:

• Upvote 1

Archon                      

***Toa Kyraan***

Great set of guidelines, although after watching TTV podcast 122, I feel like another rule should be added to the list.

Questions presented to Greg must be open-ended, instead of putting words in his mouth.

For example: Instead of "Does the 3rd Ice Toa Mangai wear a Kakama?"

We should ask "What Kanohi does the 3rd Ice Toa Mangai wear?"

See the difference? This way, we still get clarification on an issue whilst leaving the decision ultimately to Greg.

In my opinion, these mass-voting polls are wrestling control away from the author.

The problem is that he'll either respond with "I don't know/unknown" or "you decide" to questions like that; for someone seeking a specific answer, they typically don't take "I don't know" as a satisfactory response. They should, but that's a different issue altogether.
  • Upvote 2

No, no, that's absolutely perfect. There's no better name; we should ensure all questions about canonization go through your account!

~B~

• Upvote 6

As I see it, Ballom, there's a difference between "pointless questions", like "What mask did Dezalk wear?", and more important questions that try to find answers to plot holes and elements of the story that didn't make sense. I have no interest in asking pointless questions, but I like to try and fill in gaps in the saga where I can.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I'm so happy that someone finally did this.

• Upvote 1

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

"What happened to the Vahi" isn't a plot hole. Voporak has it from 2008 and still does.

This is pretty great!

My only problem with it is that it doesn't really seem fair that if the votes for something are extremely close, that the large amount of people with an opinion different from the majority is disregarded. It's like 9-10, but the 9 still deserves a say.

This is pretty great!

My only problem with it is that it doesn't really seem fair that if the votes for something are extremely close, that the large amount of people with an opinion different from the majority is disregarded. It's like 9-10, but the 9 still deserves a say.

I think if that were the case, we'd probably just re-poll those two options and see which one comes out on top.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

"What happened to the Vahi" isn't a plot hole. Voporak has it from 2008 and still does.

Well, what did Greg intend to happen to it? Or did Greg even have a plan, and just figured he'd get to it later?
There's no plan that's the sad part.

The other day, I asked him what happened to all the beings in the GB's fortress and he just said he didn't plan to kill then off.

So the story is literally a frozen cliffhanger. :P

That's why new miniscule information is being added about past unknown facts. :)

@Banana Gunz: Yes, I do agree that it could be messy if that happens, however if we try tonspread the polls hopefully it won't. When we run into an issue like that, we'll figure out what to do from there, but I think for now, what we have (after I make some corrections people mentioned :P ), will suffice as most of community seems to be split 30:70 or something around there.

Edited by Archon~
  • Upvote 1

Archon                      

***Toa Kyraan***

I don't mind if we ask "pointless questions" every now and then, since Greg will probably just tell us to set up a poll like with the Toa Mangai.

I think we should have a thread filled with Greg quotes that fill up any loose threads or plot holes (e.g., what happened to the Vahi?)

May I suggest the Official Greg Compendium? At least, to start the collection process. If we have a bunch of them, someone can pull all of them in quotes using the MultiQuote function and start a new topic, and so on. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

It's great to see this finally around. Let's hope that this will be a success and will evolve. Also, my LEGO ID is J1DY. I don't think I'll post anything, but you never know :P.

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

One thing that should probably be stressed more is that polls should only be created AFTER the idea has undergone a significant amount of constructively critical discussion. I have not been on BZP too long, but I would not be surprised if many canonization ideas on miniscule topics go straight to the polls (or nearly so). Even if the previous statment is innacurrate, the notion of "significant discussion before posting as a poll" is a point that probably deserves to be repeated.

• Upvote 3

Stop. Just canonize it in your head. Problem solved. What, is gen 1 the "all canon, no creativity" version of Bionicle? Because I don't like that.

It's easy to say when it's any other fandom; Bionicle is in a very unique position in which the head writer is willing to consider fan ideas and maybe even canonize them.

And there's creativity in this fandom. It's just that that creativity is funneled into coming up with some idea that Greg could possibly canonize... although if that's all we're doing with our theories and knowledge of the Bionicle world, then there's definitely a problem.

• Upvote 2