The Weirdest LEGO Themes

aldero

do you have to attack everything I say? it seems you and lys are always there, ready to rip into my posts. I found HF to be weird, do you have to hate me for that? if find Chima to exist only to appeal to creeps, am I a bad person to say that about chima? its MY thoughts, MY opinions! do I go around to every one of your posts and hate on it? do I? no, I respect your opinion, I NEVER say anything to hurt anyone personally, ever. and if ive ever gone too far, I apologise for my mistake, when have your ever shown an apology to me? do you ever stop and think that your hurting me? is this what the bionicle fandom is like? hurting anyone who dosnt like the new sets? so what I don't like them! dose it really matter to you? do you go to bed each night thinking "salvus dosnt like bio2015! we must hate him for it!" if this is the face of bionicle fandom, a festering soup of hatred, then I am truly saddened for the fate of bionicledom.

• Upvote 1

That pretty much what the Bionicle Fanboy is like, if you don't like what they like, they will attack (but that pretty much what every fanboy/girl are in a fandom). I dislike the Bionicle 2015 the most along with three of my friends because one of my reason is that the sets are just Hero Factory sets with the name Bionicle slap on it (but Hero Factory did the same thing on it first year so I'll going to be okay with it).

You may want to trust me on this Salvus, you are going to find hard core fan attacking you on your opinion anywhere, no matter where you are at.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I think now is a good time to consult the wise Jaffa master, Bra'tac. Bra'tac, please enlighten us with your words of wisdom.

SILENCE!

The invisible alien leader has a point. Salvus doesn't like Hero Factory, and if I'm remembering right, he's not a fan of Chima or Ninjago. Neither am I. 

HOWEVER!

Aanchir and Lys are allowed to defend their fandom, but not like this. Yelling and screaming at each other isn't gonna get anything but the wrath of the mods. So, just please, keep the "How dare you bash X?" "Why are you being mean, you meanie?" "Because BLARGH!" "Wah!" "Grr!" to a minimum. 

Please.

Pretty please.

• Upvote 3

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

do you have to attack everything I say? it seems you and lys are always there, ready to rip into my posts. I found HF to be weird, do you have to hate me for that? if find Chima to exist only to appeal to creeps, am I a bad person to say that about chima? its MY thoughts, MY opinions! do I go around to every one of your posts and hate on it? do I? no, I respect your opinion, I NEVER say anything to hurt anyone personally, ever. and if ive ever gone too far, I apologise for my mistake, when have your ever shown an apology to me? do you ever stop and think that your hurting me? is this what the bionicle fandom is like? hurting anyone who dosnt like the new sets? so what I don't like them! dose it really matter to you? do you go to bed each night thinking "salvus dosnt like bio2015! we must hate him for it!" if this is the face of bionicle fandom, a festering soup of hatred, then I am truly saddened for the fate of bionicledom.

I'm always there because I'm as active on this forum as you are, maybe more so. If you think I'm singling you out, you're completely mistaken. But most other members aren't as consistently provocative as you are. If you don't want me or others to "rip into your posts", don't just leave a short, flippant post bashing things you dislike. Because nobody's going to read that kind of post and think "what a kind, thoughtful person". It is an invitation for criticism.

I don't hate you for your opinions, but I strongly dislike you because I'm getting far too used to you popping into conversations just to bash things I like, without any consideration for other people's opinions. Not to mention how you seem to think that people disagreeing with such provocative posts means they're going out of their way to bully or persecute you. If you don't want other people to disagree with your posts, you shouldn't post them in an open forum in the first place.

You think I've never had an unpopular opinion? That I've never felt like it's me against the whole world? I have. And do you know how you can make that better? Find common ground. Don't just disagree for the sake of disagreeing. Explain your opinions to other people in a way you think they'll understand. Don't resort to insults or name-calling to make your opinions heard. And remember, just because it's an opinion doesn't mean it's somehow shielded from criticism. Disagreeing with another person is not an attack.

Oh, and "if find Chima to exist only to appeal to creeps, am I a bad person to say that about chima?" Not a bad person. But you are just being thoughtless and insensitive again. People can enjoy Chima without being creeps, and most people who enjoy it are NOT creeps. Saying otherwise is demeaning the people who do legitimately enjoy it. Besides, Chima is designed primarily to appeal to kids, like most LEGO themes. It's not aimed at "creeps" any more than Kung-Fu Panda or Arthur, which also are populated by anthropomorphized animal characters. Also, I know some people in the furry fandom, and they're not creeps, so if that's what you're referring to I think you should ease up on the stereotypes.

"do you go to bed each night thinking "salvus dosnt like bio2015! we must hate him for it!"" No, I don't. I don't think ANYBODY thinks like that, and I don't see why you'd imagine it. That "us against them" mentality is a big part of why your posts offend so many people. You don't ever seem to try to find common ground with people you disagree with, or learn from them. You act like this is a fight, but it's not. It's a discussion, and we're all as interested in sharing our opinions as you are. Not all of those opinions will be in agreement.

If it's an apology you want, then I apologize if I have gone too far. But if you're stuck thinking of me as an enemy, I don't know if that will be enough. Because I have never thought of you as an enemy no matter how much your flippant posts irritate me. I have never intended to leave any "emotional wounds", and have treated you with the same consideration as I would have for any other member. I'm a bit hurt by the fact that you think I've gone out of my way to hurt you, because I never have.

I also apologize on Lyi's behalf. He's my brother, and his emotions sometimes get the best of him.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 8

May I bring up that you haven't think of asking of him to "Can you please go in more detail, instead of putting a short comment, please and thank you", or ask him why he thinks Hero Factorys is weird. Because of what I had seen you put in this 

Do you even think about what you're saying before you say it? Or do you just seize any opportunity to bash post-BIONICLE themes, regardless of whether those criticisms are even consistent?

----

"do you go to bed each night thinking "salvus dosnt like bio2015! we must hate him for it!"" No, I don't. I don't think ANYBODY thinks like that, and I don't see why you'd imagine it. That "us against them" mentality is a big part of why your posts offend so many people. You don't ever seem to try to find common ground with people you disagree with, or learn from them. You act like this is a fight, but it's not. It's a discussion, and we're all as interested in sharing our opinions as you are. Not all of those opinions will be in agreement.

I just want you to know that there are people who would think like that, maybe not most people on BZP but there are people out there who do. It like saying "I don't think anybody in the BOTDF fandom have a open mind and would listen to what other people say" when there is a vary little number of them who do. But yes this is a discussion and it would had been best if he had gone in more detail (could had of OM him about it instead instead of what I just already quoted.

everything else you said I agree with and I didn't get why he think Chima is only to appeal to creeps.

Now could we please get back on topic.

The lego movie line is downright bizarre, why? In the same wave you have flying ice cream trucks, flying saloons, robot pirates, robot fire trucks, robot construction vehicles and steampunk flying boats. It's as if lego tossed a bunch of sets in a pot and served up the resulting soup. Not only do you have odd cathorse things paling around with goth girls, but you have batman there for good measure. And if that's not enough oddness for you, well, you also have spaceman Blurr, (tell me I'm not the only one who thinks 80s spaceman acts like Blurr) and cyber pirates!

I never saw much of the monster hunters, but I've heard it had some unusual vehicles.

The lego movie line is downright bizarre, why? In the same wave you have flying ice cream trucks, flying saloons, robot pirates, robot fire trucks, robot construction vehicles and steampunk flying boats. It's as if lego tossed a bunch of sets in a pot and served up the resulting soup. Not only do you have odd cathorse things paling around with goth girls, but you have batman there for good measure. And if that's not enough oddness for you, well, you also have spaceman Blurr, (tell me I'm not the only one who thinks 80s spaceman acts like Blurr) and cyber pirates!

That's not bizarre. That's awesome. :P

In all seriousness, indeed, it's a pretty mixed bag. Sprinkle in some Time Cruisers and BAM. You have the ultimate theme of zaniness. I shall call it "Boogeywoogeyfloogeyfudgynudgyhudgyhorrormoviemarathon"; my greatest masterpiece.

mindeth the cobwebs

I never saw much of the monster hunters, but I've heard it had some unusual vehicles.

That was mostly the point of the Lego Movie because it was from a kid imagination, also with the movie, it was meant to have a meaning in the movie for father and son, plus they did made some joke of character like with Master Builder have to everything so detail and custom, people following everything by the book like Emmet and keeping everything black and gray like Batman. Also ya Benny is basicly Blurr.

• Upvote 1

Well four of the sets have 2 instructions. 1 for the flying vehicle and the other for the they originally looked like (it would had of been great if the other sets was like that as well), I mostly find those to be interesting.

• Upvote 1

Something that stands out to me in this discussion is just how many of the themes being suggested, like Ninjago, BIONICLE, and The LEGO Movie, are weird by design. They deliberately juxtapose ideas that you don't normally see together. Ninjas in jet aircraft! High-tech biomechanical life forms with a primitive island culture! Flying machines made from plumber's vans and mecha made from fire engines! These sorts of playful, slightly wacky themes have appealed to me for many years.

• Upvote 4

So is lego fusion.

Yeah, but that's because of its relationship to a computer scanner. We don't have 3-D scanners yet. 

Whereas Cloud Cuckoo Land is 2-D just cause of...no seeming reason at all. I'd like to hear Aanchir's opinion on this, though - he tends to be good at finding explanations for these sorts of strange things. :shrugs:

I'm always there because I'm as active on this forum as you are, maybe more so. If you think I'm singling you out, you're completely mistaken. But most other members aren't as consistently provocative as you are. If you don't want me or others to "rip into your posts", don't just leave a short, flippant post bashing things you dislike. Because nobody's going to read that kind of post and think "what a kind, thoughtful person". It is an invitation for criticism.

I don't hate you for your opinions, but I strongly dislike you because I'm getting far too used to you popping into conversations just to bash things I like, without any consideration for other people's opinions. Not to mention how you seem to think that people disagreeing with such provocative posts means they're going out of their way to bully or persecute you. If you don't want other people to disagree with your posts, you shouldn't post them in an open forum in the first place.

You think I've never had an unpopular opinion? That I've never felt like it's me against the whole world? I have. And do you know how you can make that better? Find common ground. Don't just disagree for the sake of disagreeing. Explain your opinions to other people in a way you think they'll understand. Don't resort to insults or name-calling to make your opinions heard. And remember, just because it's an opinion doesn't mean it's somehow shielded from criticism. Disagreeing with another person is not an attack.

Oh, and "if find Chima to exist only to appeal to creeps, am I a bad person to say that about chima?" Not a bad person. But you are just being thoughtless and insensitive again. People can enjoy Chima without being creeps, and most people who enjoy it are NOT creeps. Saying otherwise is demeaning the people who do legitimately enjoy it. Besides, Chima is designed primarily to appeal to kids, like most LEGO themes. It's not aimed at "creeps" any more than Kung-Fu Panda or Arthur, which also are populated by anthropomorphized animal characters. Also, I know some people in the furry fandom, and they're not creeps, so if that's what you're referring to I think you should ease up on the stereotypes.

If it's an apology you want, then I apologize if I have gone too far. But if you're stuck thinking of me as an enemy, I don't know if that will be enough. Because I have never thought of you as an enemy no matter how much your flippant posts irritate me. I have never intended to leave any "emotional wounds", and have treated you with the same consideration as I would have for any other member. I'm a bit hurt by the fact that you think I've gone out of my way to hurt you, because I never have.

I also apologize on Lyi's behalf. He's my brother, and his emotions sometimes get the best of him.

Just going to go a little off topic here...

All the bolded sentences are what I'm concerning the first part of my post with.

Basically, political correctness is overrated.

You shouldn't have to think about "offending" someone when expressing an opinion.

No one should have to feel that they have to pat the other guy on the back when disagreeing with their opinion.

It's basically an infringement on freedom of speech.

The part bolded and in italics is my favourite quote.

Something to remember.

Also, upon further thought, I have come to the amazing conclusion that BIONICLE is a rather weird theme as well.

Biomechanical organisms with powers beyond thought.

Weird.

Edited by You just lost the game
  • Upvote 1

67685335.jpg             

So is lego fusion.

Yeah, but that's because of its relationship to a computer scanner. We don't have 3-D scanners yet. 

Whereas Cloud Cuckoo Land is 2-D just cause of...no seeming reason at all. I'd like to hear Aanchir's opinion on this, though - he tends to be good at finding explanations for these sorts of strange things. :shrugs:

In the case of Cloud Cuckoo Palace, the reason for its diorama-like design is mostly just its price. It's supposed to suggest the wacky aesthetic of Cloud Cuckoo Land while still being extremely affordable. With that said, it's nowhere near as flat as LEGO Fusion sets.

Now, as for its aesthetic weirdness? That's basically what defines Cloud Cuckoo Land in the movie — a place of wackiness and candy-colored positivity. Hence the aesthetic choices like the bright yellow sunshine, the striped columns, the spinning spirals, and the colorful cobblestones.

• Upvote 2

All the bolded sentences are what I'm concerning the first part of my post with.

You shouldn't have to think about "offending" someone when expressing an opinion.

No one should have to feel that they have to pat the other guy on the back when disagreeing with their opinion.

Something to remember.

Also, upon further thought, I have come to the amazing conclusion that BIONICLE is a rather weird theme as well.

Weird.

No one's infringing on anyone's freedom of speech. Aanchir was actually pointing out the opposite—that if you express an unpopular or ill-informed opinion then you should be prepared to have your opinions criticized. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from criticism by any stretch of the imagination.

And political correctness is still a valid idea, especially when your "opinion" straight-up insults everyone with the opposite opinion by calling them "creeps". There's no room for those kinds of insults in civil discourse.

• Upvote 4

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The Roboriders, though not odd in build, are some of the oddest in concept. The sets are riderless motorcyles with the primary function of launching their front wheel as a weapon. It gets better when you learn that in the story, the motorcycles are piloted by aliens contained inside the front wheel. Apparently not content with perpetual dizziness, the wheel pilots are using themselves as ammo.

Edited by Latrodectus
  • Upvote 8

hero factorys weird

Do you even think about what you're saying before you say it? Or do you just seize any opportunity to bash post-BIONICLE themes, regardless of whether those criticisms are even consistent?

Frankly, weirdness is the OPPOSITE of what I usually see Hero Factory criticized for. Most people think it's too normal or generic, with the types of names you might see in a superhero comic and a simplistic premise (crime-fighting robots). In many of ways, BIONICLE was a lot weirder, and many people love it specifically BECAUSE of that weirdness. Instead of feeling like the same kind of story people have heard thousands of times, it felt strange and new and unfamiliar.

I don't know if you've noticed, but Salvus's usual thing is coming into a thread and contradicting either the general opinion (which isn't a bad thing in my eyes) or whatever someone's specific opinion is in very short posts, and then giving equally short justifications when responded to, often invoking subjectivity.

Edited by abstractAgamid
  • Upvote 1

Something to remember.

Weird.

No one's infringing on anyone's freedom of speech. Aanchir was actually pointing out the opposite—that if you express an unpopular or ill-informed opinion then you should be prepared to have your opinions criticized. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from criticism by any stretch of the imagination.

And political correctness is still a valid idea, especially when your "opinion" straight-up insults everyone with the opposite opinion by calling them "creeps". There's no room for those kinds of insults in civil discourse.

Indeed, no one is purposefully infringing on freedom of speech.

The problem here is that Aanchir seemed to be criticizing Salvus' opinion more because of how he stated it, instead of what it was about.

Or at least, that's how I saw it.

My whole point is that if someone wishes to state an opinion, they can say it in any way they want.

By law we have the right to speak freely, and to be criticized about the way someone "words" their opinion can be considered an infringement on that right.

Political correctness is fine, but by no means does that mean everyone needs to be politically correct.

Sorry for going off-topic, but I just felt that needed to be said.

• Upvote 1

67685335.jpg             

I dislike the Bionicle 2015 the most along with three of my friends because one of my reason is that the sets are just Hero Factory sets with the name Bionicle slap on it (but Hero Factory did the same thing on it first year so I'll going to be okay with it).

Hmm... I wouldn't say that. They're definitely different from HF, just because they both use CCBS, doesn't mean they're completely the same. Who knows, maybe the story will be up to par with the previous gen or even better. This is only the beginning, so I personally am not so quick to judge, even though I already love the new sets.

Also, I'm a bit uncertain by what you mean in the parentheses part of that statement. Are you saying you were ok with HF one its first year, or gen 2 Bionicle on the first year? If you're ok with gen 2 Bionicle on its first year, then just ignore this post. ^_^

Edited by Forgeta

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Brown has negative connotations? Careful, that could be seen as slightly racist.

After all! What have Toa of stone done to have negative connotations?

Ask an eight year old what they think of when they seen the color brown. They might say chocolate, but they might say some things I'm not allowed to see here. Lots of colors are like that, but young kids have a strange fascination with toilet humor.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

So kids with dirty minds are stoping Po-Toa from being brown?

That would explain the low sales of brown sets, and why they shifted to tan, keetorange, yellow, orange, etc. I like brown a lot and I'm quite happy they've brought it back. It would be cool if it was the original Pohatu brown, though.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I dislike the Bionicle 2015 the most along with three of my friends because one of my reason is that the sets are just Hero Factory sets with the name Bionicle slap on it (but Hero Factory did the same thing on it first year so I'll going to be okay with it).

Hmm... I wouldn't say that. They're definitely different from HF, just because they both use CCBS, doesn't mean they're completely the same. Who knows, maybe the story will be up to par with the previous gen or even better. This is only the beginning, so I personally am not so quick to judge, even though I already love the new sets.

Also, I'm a bit uncertain by what you mean in the parentheses part of that statement. Are you saying you were ok with HF one its first year, or gen 2 Bionicle on the first year? If you're ok with gen 2 Bionicle on its first year, then just ignore this post. ^_^

I was saying that I'm giving a pass that Bionicle is using HF on the first year, because with Hero Factory had used mostly Bionicle parts on its first year as well.

Also who ever was editing the Lego site home page, also think they was HF as well :P

I was saying that I'm giving a pass that Bionicle is using HF on the first year, because with Hero Factory had used mostly Bionicle parts on its first year as well.

Also who ever was editing the Lego site home page, also think they was HF as well :P

They don't use 'HF parts', just because HF was the first line to use CCBS doesn't mean CCBS has to be labeled as the HF building system. I see a lot of people labeling CCBS as HF and I see CCBS being looked down upon because of that, and it's one of my favorite building systems to date, I just don't think it deserves the hate it gets.

• Upvote 1

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Lego made some technics Star Wars sets. I got two of them, Jango Fett and a Storm Trooper. That in and of itself wasn't that weird, but the fact that they couldn't move from the waist down yet the cannons on them hinting that they were for play not show.

The weirdest thing about them was that they could only move in 3 places despite being the size of 08 Takuanuva