Later wave 2 Bionicle Ekimu set?

McNugget

Hmm, well the line-up for sets has certainly changed since Hero Factory took Bionicle's spot, so its possible that a duo-set like that could surface. I honestly wouldn't be surprised, especially since this year has taken a drastically different approach compared to the G1 Bionicle set line-up.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Huh, I hadn't entertained the thought of a two-pack...

Ekimu is definitely coming at some point (that mask will see a release somehow), and I do hope we see that form of Makuta. But their implied implied size being between that of the Protectors and Toa would put them at an awkward spot in determining a price point. But throw them together and now it's its own thing. I could see something like that going for 25-30 USD.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

There's now some new things that could happen with an Ekimu set, due to the Prophecy of Heroes animation. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a gold and teal Protector mask, AS LONG AS we still get a Mask of Creation elsewhere.

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

There's now some new things that could happen with an Ekimu set, due to the Prophecy of Heroes animation. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a gold and teal Protector mask, AS LONG AS we still get a Mask of Creation elsewhere.

Considering Ekimu's still the most likely candidate to wear the Mask of Creation, I still think he's likely to be the subject of the set that includes it. Perhaps it could include both masks (like the Toa)?

Also I'd be willing to bet that Ekimu uses Trans. Light Blue rather than any sort of "teal".

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I doubt we'd see an Ekimu set, considering he's dead before the story really begins. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I doubt we'd see an Ekimu set, considering he's dead before the story really begins.

I'm a bit confused about that, story wise. "Dead" Ekimu whispers to the Protectors about the Prophesy of Heroes? Maybe they described Ekimu as "lifeless" because he is in an eternal sleep? Edited by Daler99

~Daler

Is he really dead, though? I think it's more likely that he's merely comatose. Possibly reuniting him with the Mask of Creation might restore him to life.

If we don't get an Ekimu set, the question becomes "how will the Mask of Creation be distributed?" Judging from the 14-karat gold version, a mold exists, so it HAS to appear in sets at some point. LEGO generally doesn't make new molds for parts that aren't going to be made available at retail.

• Upvote 2

Is he really dead, though? I think it's more likely that he's merely comatose. Possibly reuniting him with the Mask of Creation might restore him to life.If we don't get an Ekimu set, the question becomes "how will the Mask of Creation be distributed?" Judging from the 14-karat gold version, a mold exists, so it HAS to appear in sets at some point. LEGO generally doesn't make new molds for parts that aren't going to be made available at retail.
Also, isn't the Toa's destiny to "find the Mask Maker"? Does that mean wake Ekimu? Or does it mean to find Makuta? Edited by Daler99

~Daler

It's entirely possible we'll get the Mask of Creation in a set that's not Ekimu, you know.

Yes, but if it's not Ekimu, then it's a complete mystery who it might be.

I personally think an Ekimu set is very likely, since he has a unique character design with built-in play value.

• Upvote 1

I think that, since Ekimu's dead now, it's pretty unlikely that we'll be getting him in set form. If we get a set that has the Mask of Creation, it's going to be either a new character or an upgraded form of one of the Toa. Of course, they could also just bring him back to life MoL style, but if they do that he'll probably look different so that his set can be larger.

I think that, since Ekimu's dead now, it's pretty unlikely that we'll be getting him in set form. If we get a set that has the Mask of Creation, it's going to be either a new character or an upgraded form of one of the Toa. Of course, they could also just bring him back to life MoL style, but if they do that he'll probably look different so that his set can be larger.

Is he dead? All I remember hearing is that he fell into an "endless sleep." It's entirely possible that he will be awoken.

IetTsFQ.png