EXTERMINATION: Review

Voltex

10/10 climax would read again for like the tenth time and probably will

but no really

man I can't believe it's over. It just makes me kinda sad but happy. You finished this journey, congradulations!

(now let's hope the forums fix the end of the chapter haha)

Well, that chapter happened. It happened a lot, pretty loudly, and very, very violently, as is appropriate for the series.

And i am much, much happier with my demise this time =p

Shadow came as a bit of a surprise though, gotta admit.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

10/10 climax would read again for like the tenth time and probably will

but no really

man I can't believe it's over. It just makes me kinda sad but happy. You finished this journey, congradulations!

(now let's hope the forums fix the end of the chapter haha)

Finally done! Now onto Book 4! (no but seriously not happening)

Thanks for proofing!

Well, that chapter happened. It happened a lot, pretty loudly, and very, very violently, as is appropriate for the series.

And i am much, much happier with my demise this time =p

Shadow came as a bit of a surprise though, gotta admit.

And you know what the best part of the Shadow is?

I threw it in your faces with All That We've Lost and none of you even questioned why Mafia Taka Nuvia hadn't shown up yet! ;D

It's been fun keeping that a secret!

Well I did not expect the Shadow being...yeah.

Xae's spinerip and death were my favorite moments, though. Shame he didn't crush the spine, but alas. Still an incredible chapter.

Xaeraz's spine rip is glorious.

-snop-

You didn't happen to save that one time where I literally was like

"oh I bet it was in all that we've lost"

and went and looked

then was like

"nah its a dead end"

Because that was ridiculous.  

Oh my gosh haha I forgot about that

It was so funny to watch you go "it's totally her!" and then decide "nah that's way to obscure" in the span of seconds

• Upvote 2

I KNEW IT. Should have trusted my gut feeling. Whoah. Great twist, made perfect sense, I like it.

Now excuse me while I go and sulk about this being over. I'll miss it. :<

There's still one more thing left!

---

gallery_96949_304_7337.jpg

Click the banner to ask me anything about the series!

Click here to read the Epilogue, and discover which characters survived.

• Upvote 2

Bittersweet and poignant after all of that death and devastation... fitting.

It felt like only last week Isolation was released... was it really a year ago now? Wow. Time really does fly. It's been a great journey.

• Upvote 1

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Because nobody ever suspects Taka.

I'm glad I got to take down Kayn the supposedly unkillable, though.

See, you did something! 

Aww. Naww. A befitting end. Beautiful. (I still don't want this to be over.)

So thanks for all the great hours, I guess. :3

I have chopped down any ideas for a Book 4 so far. There is an idea I'd like to try out in the future that isn't related to this, though.

36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-EOU

A fitting end. It's been quite the ride, and reading it through as it went along was just outstanding. Bravo, Jim. Bravo

Thank you very much

Bittersweet and poignant after all of that death and devastation... fitting.

It felt like only last week Isolation was released... was it really a year ago now? Wow. Time really does fly. It's been a great journey.

A year ago exactly - Isolation was released March 6th last year. :D

R.I.P. everyone that died in these last two chapters. (There were too many names for me to put here. :P)

Also, I LIVED!  :o I really wasn't expecting my character to be one of the lucky few to survive this. But I'm not complaining. :) 

And I loved the twist with the Shadow's identity. It was a neat one. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

R.I.P. everyone that died in these last two chapters. (There were too many names for me to put here. :P)

Also, I LIVED!  :o I really wasn't expecting my character to be one of the lucky few to survive this. But I'm not complaining. :)

And I loved the twist with the Shadow's identity. It was a neat one. 

With several of the survivors, there was a lot of back-and-forth in my head over who to pick; however, I always planned for your character to survive (although I'll get more into that when I post my AMA answers :P)

Voltex, whose bright blue eyes opened as the Maxilos unit spoke.

Portalfig watched as his best friend [Voltex] slowly fell limp, his bright blue eyes fading away.

none of them noticed as the red eyes of Maxilos briefly flashed a brilliant bright blue.

So... Voltex is in Maxilos now?

Anyways, really glad to have been a part of this, Voltex. And to have survived is an added bonus! Of course, that's mostly because of the numerous times you had Agent 64 save me. :P Speaking of which, which Matoran does my character supposedly remind her of?

I haven't read either of the first two books, but they're on my list. And I'll be keeping an eye out for Book 4 if you ever do decide to write it.

One more question - seeing as all this happened in what is essentially the capital of the Matoran Universe, why weren't any Toa dispatched? I think it's really neat that the whole story was centered entirely around Matoran, because not many epics on here are, but I'm just wondering if there's a reason for it.

-Letagi

• Upvote 1

Well, now we can say that most of the characters in this epic were beaten by a girl. :P

And where did Mr. Maxilos the Magnificent come from?

Anyways, really glad to have been a part of this, Voltex. And to have survived is an added bonus! Of course, that's mostly because of the numerous times you had Agent 64 save me. :P Speaking of which, which Matoran does my character supposedly remind her of?

The Ko-Matoran from this story here, supposedly.

On a related note, how you interpret Tekulo being the leader of Control is a bit contingent on how you interpret said story. I think Tekulo's position - and his demise - are symbolically fitting with the content of said story. But that's because of the way I interpret it (in a way that STARES ME IN THE FACE but I'm pretty sure no one else will get). In any case, Voltex did an excellent job integrating it into this epic, even if he didn't fully grasp just how good he did.

The fact that I rescued you, though, feels like a non-sequitor for some reason.

Voltex, whose bright blue eyes opened as the Maxilos unit spoke.

Portalfig watched as his best friend [Voltex] slowly fell limp, his bright blue eyes fading away.

none of them noticed as the red eyes of Maxilos briefly flashed a brilliant bright blue.

I haven't read either of the first two books, but they're on my list. And I'll be keeping an eye out for Book 4 if you ever do decide to write it.

One more question - seeing as all this happened in what is essentially the capital of the Matoran Universe, why weren't any Toa dispatched? I think it's really neat that the whole story was centered entirely around Matoran, because not many epics on here are, but I'm just wondering if there's a reason for it.

-Letagi

Keep an eye out for the answers to my AMA - I shall answer the bolded question there. 

Yes, Voltex is in Maxilos. As for who your character reminds Agent 64 of...

Well, now we can say that most of the characters in this epic were beaten by a girl. :P

And where did Mr. Maxilos the Magnificent come from?

The Ko-Matoran from this story here, supposedly.

On a related note, how you interpret Tekulo being the leader of Control is a bit contingent on how you interpret said story. I think Tekulo's position - and his demise - are symbolically fitting with the content of said story. But that's because of the way I interpret it (in a way that STARES ME IN THE FACE but I'm pretty sure no one else will get). In any case, Voltex did an excellent job integrating it into this epic, even if he didn't fully grasp just how good he did.

The fact that I rescued you, though, feels like a non-sequitor for some reason.

Tekulo only became Control once he signed up for that role; that said, the attitude, plans, history... everything about "Control" the character had already been decided beforehand. :P 

Also, thanks to Letagi up there, you might want a new AMA question (or rather, you might want to add a second one).

Texilos.

You didn't think he'd actually kill Voltex, did you? Instead he just gets taller. And a rocket launcher.

Technically Voltex is not dead, no. That said, he is also not really alive. I'll explain more when I answer fisher's AMA question.

Heh I could say the same about you :P

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

You're the one that literally came back to life two or three times though. =P

I was very killable. I died three times in this story. :lol:

Actually you only died once in Extermination. Alternate you was also shown dying but that doesn't count because then we'd have to say that everybody has died, which doesn't count.

I was not so killable. But too bad we missed a ToaD/Ghidora showdown.

You were just as killable, seeing as how you died.

I technically only died at the end since it only ever appeared that I had died.

Not that it matters because I'm happy with the kill Kayn got on Chro considering how much Agent 64 messed him up.

• Upvote 1

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

At Tekulo's words, Luroka began to shake - JiMing shared a worried glance with Portalfig before the Makuta burst into a full-on maniacal laugh. Chambliss turned to Luroka and said something that JiMing could not hear - the Makuta's laughter immediately broke off and a shadow hand erupted from his chest, seizing Chambliss and absorbing the Ta-Matoran in the blink of an eye.

-THE LAST WORDS OF CHAMBLISS, LOYAL RETAINER TO LORD LUROKA

"High five, bro!"

• Upvote 7

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

At Tekulo's words, Luroka began to shake - JiMing shared a worried glance with Portalfig before the Makuta burst into a full-on maniacal laugh. Chambliss turned to Luroka and said something that JiMing could not hear - the Makuta's laughter immediately broke off and a shadow hand erupted from his chest, seizing Chambliss and absorbing the Ta-Matoran in the blink of an eye.

"High five, bro!"

Up high, man!

bBhcfWO.png

I technically only died at the end since it only ever appeared that I had died.

Not that it matters because I'm happy with the kill Kayn got on Chro considering how much Agent 64 messed him up.

I suppose that's true

Kayn was fighting with only half of a face

If I was just as killable, how come it took having the Shadow blast my head off to do it?

You literally could have died from being stabbed in the throat. The only reason you died to the Shadow is because Control & the Shadow were feeling triggerhappy.

"High five, bro!"

It was probably something closer to "are you really working for Control?"

yeah i know more boring

"High five, bro!"

Up high, man!

up so high that i'll eat you

Seems as though it would rust away the nerves pretty quick, before you really could feel pain - plus, me and Zakaro seemed not too mortified of the situation just either accepting it or not caring that much.

1. Zakaro's character has shown a total lack of empathy before, and

2. You had your face blasted by it. Of course you're not going to be reacting to the situation - you're already dead.

• Upvote 3

Wait, not Zakaro - Xareas. Plus I got my gut shot first, and I kinda just slumped. Then again, might have not fully realized that I was shot with a rust cannon instantly.

You're reading way too far into it.

Xaeraz is just a bad*** who rips out spines. You were not shown reacting because your death wasn't the point of the scene, and it would have disrupted the focus on Ehks.

• Upvote 5

Well, not much I can say now that hasn't already been. Congrats on finishing this magnificent bloodbath of a series; great work overall, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

'Nough said, bro. ^_^

I'm glad you enjoyed it - I hope you liked your expanded role after what basically amounted to two cameos. :P 

I guess, for reference, I should say that your character is probably alive... just not one of the members of Portalfig's group.

Glad that I got a fittingly violent ending, fitting for a Triplet at least.

but dang the Shadow though did not see that one coming. High-octane end to a similarly high-octane story, with just enough loose ends to be satisfying but not infuriating.

and probably a good end to the entire mafia story idk about that, if i have the time maybe i'll go back and read them

Edited by Cyrix

[Cyrix]