EXTERMINATION: Review

Voltex

R.I.P. Ehks and Ghidora. :(

That was a fitting tibute for Ehks at the end. It was also a good way to show that the new bad guys in town are serious threats.

I can't to see how Voltex new plan will play out either. Seeing how they attempt to attack Control and Shadow will be interesting to see play out.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

there is still hope for side character cyrix

Ehks' death was really well done, and from what I've seen in this story a pretty good conclusion to his character arc (I'd assume that it would have been much better had I read the other parts of the Mafia storyline). But no yeah things aren't looking good for anyone, like you warned us but dang

(also yay references! although i only counted two in this chapter, pinocchio and breaking bad, and even then they might not be direct intentional references but whatever)

[Cyrix]

(also yay references! although i only counted two in this chapter, pinocchio and breaking bad, and even then they might not be direct intentional references but whatever)

I caught the Breaking Bad one, but I didn't see the Pinocchio one.

I also saw two others as well. One was from The Dark Knight. ('The darkest night is just before the dawn....') The other was from Avengers: Age of Ultron. ('There are no strings on me.') 

Edit: Scratch that. The Avenger one was originally from Pinocchio. It took me a moment to remember that. :P

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

pc0lX6T.png

i legitimately have no words for chapter ten.

i honestly am speechless right now. just...dang.

I apologize, and yet I do not.

R.I.P. Ehks and Ghidora. :(

That was a fitting tibute for Ehks at the end. It was also a good way to show that the new bad guys in town are serious threats.

I can't to see how Voltex new plan will play out either. Seeing how they attempt to attack Control and Shadow will be interesting to see play out.

I thought Control was already a serious threat. He had the Shadow working for him the whole time. :P

The attack is a suicide mission, though. Not much strategy except for "let's run in there and deal as much damage as possible before we all die".

I've decided I don't like Control.

Also really curious as to whether my character is still alive.

-Letagi

Your character originally had a scene in this chapter, but it was pushed. So yes, Letagi is still alive.

Wow. This chapter was... powerful. I also really liked the part with Ehks' memories.

There originally weren't any memories, but then I (correctly) determined that they would add to the scene. His first conversation with Blade was necessary in order for his last words to make sense, while the others were selected to refresh the readers of his time as White Thirteen (as well as expand upon his lost friendship with White Seven and expanding the character of White Seven/Kar in general).

Good chapter. I'm still wondering what happened to me, though. 

Your character originally had a scene in this chapter just like Letagi, but it was pushed into the next when I expanded this chapter into two, since the death of Ehks took up so much of the chapter. :P

there is still hope for side character cyrix

Ehks' death was really well done, and from what I've seen in this story a pretty good conclusion to his character arc (I'd assume that it would have been much better had I read the other parts of the Mafia storyline). But no yeah things aren't looking good for anyone, like you warned us but dang

Any Breaking Bad references are unintentional, since I have never seen the show. 

I caught the Breaking Bad one, but I didn't see the Pinocchio one.

I also saw two others as well. One was from The Dark Knight. ('The darkest night is just before the dawn....') The other was from Avengers: Age of Ultron. ('There are no strings on me.') 

Edit: Scratch that. The Avenger one was originally from Pinocchio. It took me a moment to remember that. :P

It's half Dark Knight reference, half Mafia reference (those who played Mafia at the end of 2013 will know what I'm referring to). 

Wow, I'm dead.

*Greatly applauds* For some reason I take absolute humor in my character's death there, I have no idea why

Well, you got killed by the Shadow. That usually only happens to the really important characters.

• Upvote 2

It's half Dark Knight reference, half Mafia reference (those who played Mafia at the end of 2013 will know what I'm referring to). 

Context if you guys want it:

Mafia IX, Darkest Dawn. First game I was Medic in. I was also the only survivor of said game.

Which makes that line hit even harder, because it references survival. Something which didn't happen.

• Upvote 3

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Interesting on something there... Luroka can swipe people with that big ol' shadow-y hand, yes?

Then what's stopping him from attacking the shadow through shoulder, then?

The fact Luroka spent a lot of power to get only a few people out of there, and that he doesn't have enough juice to do so.

Plus, he gave SI the armor itself, and "used" it, so to speak. He can't shadowhand anyone and everyone anywhere.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Context if you guys want it:

Mafia IX, Darkest Dawn. First game I was Medic in. I was also the only survivor of said game.

Which makes that line hit even harder, because it references survival. Something which didn't happen.

Too bad, so sad

Interesting on something there... Luroka can swipe people with that big ol' shadow-y hand, yes?

The fact Luroka spent a lot of power to get only a few people out of there, and that he doesn't have enough juice to do so.

Plus, he gave SI the armor itself, and "used" it, so to speak. He can't shadowhand anyone and everyone anywhere.

This.

I know, but what's stopping him from charging back up, sending SI into there and then pulling the shadow to somewhere else? Threat eliminated.

The fact that Luroka is one of the most selfish characters in this series, and will, at best, only ever be an entirely neutral party. He does not care that the Shadow is killing everyone else as long as he survives.

I feel my death coming spoon.

Edited by Toa Kayn

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

I feel my death coming spoon.

*Toa Kayn chokes on soup and dies*

RIP in pepperoni Agent 43

Well, looks like we're down to the final  hours of the story that swept BZP Mafia.

I needed something else to put in this post besides "hahaha i slapped somebody that is so me."

• Upvote 3

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

It's funny how one can die twice in one day around here. :P

Like the battle scene at the end, though. Writing that short story was worth it just to see that. And dang, it actually fits, down to every detail. Nice. :)

Yes... your character could not be allowed to survive. She was always a loner, neutral type character; but the way it was working her survival would have meant sacrificing that. So she died. 

Well, looks like we're down to the final  hours of the story that swept BZP Mafia.

I needed something else to put in this post besides "hahaha i slapped somebody that is so me."

I think that this chapter and Chapter 12 contain more meta-references with you than the rest of the trilogy combined. :P

• Upvote 4

Like the battle scene at the end, though. Writing that short story was worth it just to see that. And dang, it actually fits, down to every detail. Nice. :)

Yes... your character could not be allowed to survive. She was always a loner, neutral type character; but the way it was working her survival would have meant sacrificing that. So she died. 

Once again, you read me exactly. That's where I always seem to end up in the end. As good old Hakann used to say: "The side I'm always on: my own." or something like that. :P

Once again, you read me exactly. That's where I always seem to end up in the end. As good old Hakann used to say: "The side I'm always on: my own." or something like that. :P

Indeed

It also allowed me to kill another narrator using the Shadow :D

• Upvote 1

R.I.P. Agent 64. :( 

It just goes to show that Control, the Shadow, and the others are going to be tough to beat in the final battle. It's probably going to involve a lot of deaths. :P

I can also see a Voltex vs. The Shadow battle happening in the next chapter. I don't know, but something tells me these two will fight again. I guess I'll see on March 6th. :)

pc0lX6T.png

R.I.P. Agent 64. :(

It just goes to show that Control, the Shadow, and the others are going to be tough to beat in the final battle. It's probably going to involve a lot of deaths. :P

I can also see a Voltex vs. The Shadow battle happening in the next chapter. I don't know, but something tells me these two will fight again. I guess I'll see on March 6th. :)

Well I mean, it wouldn't be proper to not have the main protagonist of the series fight the main protagonist antagonist* of the epic.

Even though I would consider Portalfig to be the overall main character of Extermination specifically. 

*i swear i know basic literary terms

Edited by Lucina

Well I mean, it wouldn't be proper to not have the main protagonist of the series fight the main protagonist of the epic.

BZP Mafia epics confirmed for one giant Man Vs Self story.

• Upvote 5

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Well I mean, it wouldn't be proper to not have the main protagonist of the series fight the main protagonist of the epic.

I am terrible, terrible, terrible 

how on earth did i write down protagonist instead of antagonist, good grief

I mean, it kinda is anyway, no?

I mean, White One V. Voltex...

Of course, that doesn't take into account the Shadow or Control so

yeah idunno

I'm going to hold on to the hope that Kayn can use his awesome medical skills to survive half of his face being destroyed and shot in the chest. That's reasonable........

.....riiiggghhtt?

I mean, it kinda is anyway, no?

I mean, White One V. Voltex...

Of course, that doesn't take into account the Shadow or Control so

yeah idunno

So kind of but kind of not as well

I'm going to hold on to the hope that Kayn can use his awesome medical skills to survive half of his face being destroyed and shot in the chest. That's reasonable........

.....riiiggghhtt?

You might appear in Chapter 12. Possibly.

RIP Agent 64

Though no-one noticed your remains(dust).

to be fair, the only ones that could possibly have an emotional connection to her are Voltex (who instead had an emotional breakdown) and Letagi (who was not present)

And the old Ko-Matoran. But he's not a character in this story. 

That almost makes me want to write a scene from his POV as a short story...but I'm not quite sure he would know about fishers' death, would he? hmm. 

RIP Agent 64

Though no-one noticed your remains(dust).

to be fair, the only ones that could possibly have an emotional connection to her are Voltex (who instead had an emotional breakdown) and Letagi (who was not present)

And the old Ko-Matoran. But he's not a character in this story. 

That almost makes me want to write a scene from his POV as a short story...but I'm not quite sure he would know about fishers' death, would he? hmm. 

I always imagined that he had died while in the Red Star, and never managed to respawn down below.