Official New Set Sightings Thread

emily

Sadly, none of them are in my area. Does anyone know the official release date of the sets?

January 1st, but some stores take a little longer to stock them. Like, my local Walmart stores won't get any of the sets till the 6th.

I went ahead and ordered the rest of the sets I can afford from Toys R Us. Unfortunately the TRU in my area is closing, and they aren't getting any new sets. :( 

IetTsFQ.png

Sadly, none of them are in my area. Does anyone know the official release date of the sets?

January 1st, but some stores take a little longer to stock them. Like, my local Walmart stores won't get any of the sets till the 6th.

I went ahead and ordered the rest of the sets I can afford from Toys R Us. Unfortunately the TRU in my area is closing, and they aren't getting any new sets. :(

My local independant toy store closed down right after Bionicle Stars came out. I could not stand to lose my ToysRUs.

Edited by Spiffy247

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

Southern California has them now, pretty much at all Targets, Walmarts, Toys R Us, and Lego Stores.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Has anyone found the Creature of Earth in Toys R Us anywhere? I've searched quite a few of them, and that is the only one that I haven't seen.

I'm starting to think they didn't stock that set anywhere, because their website says that set is the only set not available for store pickup.

EDIT I can't seem to find it at any Targets either. Is this the same for everyone else?

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

Nothing in Hungary yet, though the official Lego store website has them in this region. Have seen the new Ninjago and Star Wars sets, neither of which interest me. Bummer, we always seem to get bonkles later than anyone else here in Mordor...

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

• 4 weeks later...

Uh, so, this is something else. My local Walmart will apparently not be carrying the 2016 Bionicle sets, at least for now. The reason I know this: there's no spots marked for them in our small, crowded Lego isle. They did have a few copies each of Uniter Tahu and Ikir, but when I went there today, Tahu was gone, and Ikir was on clearance, fifty percent off.

Granted, it is a smaller location, and they appear to not be carrying the 2016 Ninjago sets either, but this doesn't bode well for Bionicle, at least in my town. And I think I might know what is killing it off here - because the shelves WERE recently stocked with dozens upon dozens of Star Wars constraction figues.

Edited by ~~Zarkan~~

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Uh, so, this is something else. My local Walmart will apparently not be carrying the 2016 Bionicle sets, at least for now. The reason I know this: there's no spots marked for them in our small, crowded Lego isle. They did have a few copies each of Uniter Tahu and Ikir, but when I went there today, Tahu was gone, and Ikir was on clearance, fifty percent off.

Granted, it is a smaller location, and they appear to not be carrying the 2016 Ninjago sets either, but this doesn't bode well for Bionicle, at least in my town. And I think I might know what is killing it off here - because the shelves WERE recently stocked with dozens upon dozens of Star Wars constraction figues.

2016 Ninjago doesn't come out in the U.S. until March, so it's no surprise that isn't on shelves.

In any case, I don't think your local Wal-Mart is necessarily an indicator of any sort of larger trend, and considering how recently this all seems to have happened, it's entirely possible that they simply sold out and have not gotten new Bionicle stock in yet. I'd give it a few weeks to be sure and maybe check other stores in the meantime.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

That's where you might be wrong, Chir. None of the Walmarts I've been to have any Bonkles either. I think this could be a trend... or at least a big mistake somewhere in the Walmart hierarchy. :P

• Upvote 1

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

All the Targets around my area only carry Tahu and Onua. Thankfully, the LEGO Store at Tysons Corner Center, VA has everything, so that's a relief.

Edited by jed1ndy

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

That's where you might be wrong, Chir. None of the Walmarts I've been to have any Bonkles either. I think this could be a trend... or at least a big mistake somewhere in the Walmart hierarchy. :P

Huh. I don't do much shopping at Walmart (terrible business practices and atmosphere), but I remember seeing a few 2016 Bionicle sets there the last time I went, a few weeks ago. Have you tried Target? Barnes & Noble? Toys R Us? My local Target has not stocked the new sets that well, but from what I've seen the latter two in particular have had excellent selections of the new Bionicle sets.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 4 weeks later...

All the Bionicle 2016 sets were sold at the Toys R Us here in southern WI, except possibly the Creature of Earth.  My Toys R Us has had the 2016 ninjago sets out on the shelves for awhile.  The Star Wars carbon Freezing Chamber and others are sold here https://www.facebook.com/BAMMadtown/ (I don't believe they sell them over the internet yet though).

Major Finnish retailers seem to be carrying almost the whole winter wave, with the intriguing exception of Uxar and Ketar. They don't even show up iin online catalogues, only on TLG's page. I would have really liked to buy the Stone sets in a single trip.

"Onua gazes upon the Earth and sees riches. It is our Duty to dig, and our Destiny to find them"

- Aiyetoro

• 2 months later...

The summer sets are already all out in the USA, been posted in the Facebook group I am in here: https://web.facebook.com/groups/BionicleGroup012/?fref=nf

Many people in the USA already have them all.

13232956_1380096535337728_66533724175063

This is a pic one of the people in the group posted.

Edited by randomreviewerbros
  • Upvote 3

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Ahh I hope I can find them! I have a little money saved so I can definitely get Quake Beast and Ekimu as soon as they show up. Really want to get my hands on that trans-light blue Mask of Creation.  :drool:

There isn't a TRU near me and my local Walmart doesn't stock Bionicle, so I'll probably have to resort to buying them online...

IetTsFQ.png

Just got home after checking my TRU in WI, no luck.  It seems my store sticks to deadlines; I did see lots of sets of both the first waves, some on sale.  I think because they sell well here, they have brought in the sets from other TRU stores.  So I guess I have to wait until the release date to get them.

I haven't seen any Bionicle sets at my local Walmart (Billings heights, MT) for a couple months now... I'll check again later today, but... If not, I'm definitely gonna try and check the Target down the road in the coming days.

Edit: Asked a person in the toy dept. at Walmart, apparently they just got their summer sets shipment in yesterday, and should have them up within a week. I shall see soon!

Edited by 2Tie

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17