Official New Set Sightings Thread

emily

If you go into the back room of most department stores, you can find these boxes marked LEGO and usually a sticker that says Bionicle and you know you hit jackpot. Usually the barcodes are already in the computer system, you just need to check them out.

Step 1: Apply for a job at that store so you can even go into the back.

I'd like to see that interview. "So, what makes you want to work at this Target?" "I heard you guys might have Bonkles in the back..."

Are you allowed to go into the back room as a customer?

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

If you go into the back room of most department stores, you can find these boxes marked LEGO and usually a sticker that says Bionicle and you know you hit jackpot. Usually the barcodes are already in the computer system, you just need to check them out.

Step 1: Apply for a job at that store so you can even go into the back.

I'd like to see that interview. "So, what makes you want to work at this Target?" "I heard you guys might have Bonkles in the back..."

Are you allowed to go into the back room as a customer?

I've never heard of anyone doing it personally. 

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Local TRU (Ridgedale, MN) had a number of Protectors and a thick stack of the Bionicle 2015 teaser pamphlets. I picked up the Protector of Earth. I noticed price tags on the shelf only for the Protectors and when I asked an employee if they had any more than what was displayed, I was told no. In a nutshell, don't discount Toys R Us. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

My Target only has Kopaka and random protectors at a bottom shelf.

It's sad that Bionicle don't even have their own spot on shelves. They're scattered all around the other misc Legos.

I think a certain amount of that can be chalked up to the holiday rush. Store employees are probably more interested in keeping shelves stocked than in keeping them arranged logically right now. Once the holiday rush is over the BIONICLE sets will probably be displayed together, except for maybe a few that get put on an end cap to draw people's attention.

• Upvote 1

I have Kopaka and the Protector of Stone! Pics later. My first impression: Bionicle 2015 blows Gen 1 out of the water. Seriously this is like the best 30 dollars I ever spent, I can't wait to pick up Pohatu, Onua, and the Protector of Ice.

Use that DCPI checker, it definitely works!

Here are my complaints, however: Kopaka's mask is VERY loose. It is hard to turn the head without the mask falling out. That applies to the white mask, and the gold one. The Protector's mask is a bit better, but the Skull Spiders are extremely firm, no problems with them falling out at all. Also, do not expect the Skull Spider legs to wrap around the head. The top ones can on the Protector, but the bottom legs either have to stick out or be removed. Finally: expect Kopaka's shield to be bent when you buy it. Both of the Tahu sword pieces are very bendy, and will likely be bent out of the box. It's no biggie though, and they can easily be bent back into shape.

EDIT: Here are the sets, and here are the masks.

Edited by Dark Blue
  • Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

My Target only has Kopaka and random protectors at a bottom shelf.

It's sad that Bionicle don't even have their own spot on shelves. They're scattered all around the other misc Legos.

I think a certain amount of that can be chalked up to the holiday rush. Store employees are probably more interested in keeping shelves stocked than in keeping them arranged logically right now. Once the holiday rush is over the BIONICLE sets will probably be displayed together, except for maybe a few that get put on an end cap to draw people's attention.

This. Bionicle sets aren't even supposed to be available yet, and those that are have likely been put out just to keep the shelves stocked during this busy shopping season. Many stores I went to today did not yet have the Bionicle sets on shelves, but the shelves themselves looked like they had been ransacked, ESPECIALLY the popular Lego aisle.

After the holidays, and especially after Bionicle's actual release on January 1st, you can probably expect to find sections dedicated to Bionicle—probably including dedicated displays for the theme in the biggest retailers.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The only reason the sets would be out on shelves this early is the holiday rush to get sales. Guests come in and see something new and will want to buy it, whether it be a parent buying for their kids, or a kid wanting it. It generates more money to have the sales floor filled and look nice.

We got the boxes in on this mornings truck and they are dated for January fourth. That's when I'll be purchasing mine, although I will be checking out Toys'R'Us on Friday after work to see if I get lucky :D

• Upvote 1

It's all because the internet.

Toa_Ignika_Creation.png

My local Target in Kemah, Texas after work today and found that it has 2015 Bionicle sets! I found Tahu, Kopaka, Pohatu, Lord of Skull Spiders, and the Protectors of Fire, Earth, Stone and Jungle in the Lego section. I didn't buy any of them yet, simply because I want to see what I get for Christmas first. Hopefully I don't come to regret that decision later. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I check both Target and TRU before Christmas, nothing. Gonna check again on the 30th.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Anyone got the codes for Bionicle sets, at Target? wanna see if they're in stock at my local target yet

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Anyone got the codes for Bionicle sets, at Target? wanna see if they're in stock at my local target yet

From Eurobricks:

204-00-1470 - Unknown

204-00-1471 - Unknown

204-00-1472 - Tahu

204-00-1473 - Unknown

204-00-1474 - Unknown

204-00-1475 - Lewa 

Can confirm that they are accurate.

If anyone would like to use these codes to check their local Target, go to the Target Inventory Checker, and enter your zip code and one of the DCPI codes. If it is in stock, it will say "yes" next to the stocked Target.

Edited by Dark Blue

IetTsFQ.png

FFFFF---

It looks like Tahu, and a couple other sets are available at a few Target's in my state. But said stores are hoooouurs from where I live...

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

My Target had a lot of the sets in the back, sadly I was informed that I had to wait until January 4th for the sets to be available for purchase. Yay... 

lololololololololol

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Stopped by the local Toys R Us today. To my surprise, the retailer had ALL of the new Bionicle sets in stock, and it was quite a feat to defy my coercive disposition for purchasing the whole lot. I resolved to settle for a Protector of Fire and abate my purchase of the rest, believing it best to savor my expenditures on sets one solitary kit at a time. 

Edited by Brigs

Last night I found the DCPI numbers for the Bionicle sets. So this morning I called Target, and they sadly only had two kinds of the sets. BUT! Luckily they had the two I wanted most! Tahu and Kopaka. So they set them aside for me. I walked in, went to the electronics section, and bought them. Yay!

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

The Toys R Us in the Chicago area have all of them! My desk is very cluttered right now.

Do you mind sharing the DCPI codes, please? If it's not too much trouble.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The Toys R Us in the Chicago area have all of them! My desk is very cluttered right now.

204-00-1004 =  Protectors Fire and Ice

204-00-1012 = Protectors Water and Earth

204-00-1009 = Protectors Jungle and Stone

204-00-1470 - Lewa

204-00-1471 - Pohatu

204-00-1472 - Tahu

204-00-1473 - Kopaka

204-00-1474 - LoSS

Those are the Target codes I found and used.

Edited by Spiffy247

204-00-1470 - Lewa

204-00-1471 - Pohatu

204-00-1472 - Tahu

204-00-1473 - Kopaka

204-00-1474 - LoSS

Target codes are different from TRU's codes, I think.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

204-00-1470 - Lewa

204-00-1471 - Pohatu

204-00-1472 - Tahu

204-00-1473 - Kopaka

204-00-1474 - LoSS

Target codes are different from TRU's codes, I think.

I didn't think ToysRUs used DCPI codes. I never saw them there before.

DPCI codes are part of Target's system only.  Toys R Us may use a system like it, but it's probably called something else, and may not be as public.

Also, according to BrickSeek, Tahu is available in Maine at the Augusta and Biddeford Targets, not so much at the Topsham, South Portland, or Bangor stores.  I just used Tahu's code as a general check so inventory may vary of course.

e: it seems the Protectors are in stock everywhere but South Portland and Bangor.

e2: apparently the South Portland store is only stocking Lewa right now :P

Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg