Official New Set Sightings Thread

emily

The Lego Store in the Baybrook Mall in Webster, TX didn't have any of the 2016 summer sets when I checked it today. I thought they would've had them by now...

Regardless, I then checked the TRU in the same area and found that it had most of the summer sets except for Storm Beast.  

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster
  • Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The Lego Store in the Baybrook Mall in Webster, TX didn't have any of the 2016 summer sets when I checked it today. I thought they would've had them by now...

Regardless, I then checked the TRU in the same area and found that it had most of the summer sets except for Storm Beast.  

It's a tad disconcerting that TRU has certain sets before a LEGO store. 

• Upvote 1

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

TRU stores also reaaaalllly don't care about street dating. They put the product out as soon as it arrives in most cases.

(I remember in the earlier waves of Amiibo launches, TRU would always put them out way ahead of the actual launch. That kept happening until they got in trouble for it.)

• Upvote 1

What's even more disconcerting is that this Lego Store didn't even have a Bionicle section on their shelves. The only ones I could find were in a somewhat small bin, and they only had a mix of 2015 sets and the 2016 Elemental Creature sets. I was really surprised by this.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

What's even more disconcerting is that this Lego Store didn't even have a Bionicle section on their shelves. The only ones I could find were in a somewhat small bin, and they only had a mix of 2015 sets and the 2016 Elemental Creature sets. I was really surprised by this.

My store even said they aren't going to carry them.

My store even said they aren't going to carry them.

This isn't looking good, at least not for American fans. My stores haven't looked good as of late either. I live in the Midwest, so it seems like a fairly widespread thing in the US. Toys R Us seems more willing than other stores to carry 'em though. Plus, we can always make purchases online. 

On the other hand, one of our fellow members, Pohaturon, says that G2 is selling well in Europe, so it has a chance there at least. :)

TRU stores also reaaaalllly don't care about street dating. They put the product out as soon as it arrives in most cases.

(I remember in the earlier waves of Amiibo launches, TRU would always put them out way ahead of the actual launch. That kept happening until they got in trouble for it.)

He looked on the 6th, and the sets were supposed to be out June 1st if I remember correctly. 

96DIFYm.png

The summer sets are now out both on online stores and brick and mortar here in Hungary. Smaller, non-toy oriented stores have limited stock, while full on toy-stores have them all.

Let's see how quickly they go!

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I remember going to the closest Lego store to my home, searching for a set or two, not finding them, asking about it, and outright being told that Lego stores often get new sets after other toystores.  Sure enough, Toys'R'Us had what I was looking for, and that's been the case rather often.  They also keep old sets around for a decent amount of time, too.  Ended up grabbing myself a Skull Soldier off the shelves just a month or two ago when I walked there on a whim.  Makes me wish I'd grabbed a Keetongu and Brutaka when I had the chance- I really could've used the parts, and they were sitting around the shelves until, like, 2007 or something.

• Upvote 1

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I just visited a mall here in Bratislava which had two toy stores in it. One toy store had all the summer 2016 sets, most winter 2016 sets and some summer 2015 sets. The second toy store was even better, it had all the summer 2016 sets except for Quake beast and had also most of the winter 2016 sets, many summer 2015 sets and many winter 2015 sets. In both of these toy stores Bionicle got equal treatment compared to the Star Wars constraction sets and LEGO as a whole was dominating these two stores :) 

So to put the long store short, in both of the toy stores Bionicle was among the hottest themes they sold. Not a slightest sign of inferiority compared to Star Wars or other LEGO themes. Now one mall, even a mall with two toy stores isn't a sufficient sample to draw any conclusions about Bratislava, let alone the rest of Slovakia or the rest of the world, however that doesn't change the fact that Bionicle was dominating this mall  :)

• Upvote 3

IhDIrLK.jpg

I've been checking stores here in Iceland stores with a close friend of mine over the last 3 months Hagkaup, a Lego Store and a local Toys'R'Us and they all have the same ammount of the 2016 sets except for uxar and ketar, heck it's even similar how much each store has of the sets.

It seems like those 2 creatures are somehow cursed since they aren't in the store warehouse registries despite several attempts, they don't have any known delivery schedules and they haven't even offered to give us any updates if the sets are arriving.

I'm getting worried if stores here are trying to refuse receiving more lego sets including bionicle sets.

Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

I just visited a mall here in Bratislava which had two toy stores in it. One toy store had all the summer 2016 sets, most winter 2016 sets and some summer 2015 sets. The second toy store was even better, it had all the summer 2016 sets except for Quake beast and had also most of the winter 2016 sets, many summer 2015 sets and many winter 2015 sets. In both of these toy stores Bionicle got equal treatment compared to the Star Wars constraction sets and LEGO as a whole was dominating these two stores :)

So to put the long store short, in both of the toy stores Bionicle was among the hottest themes they sold. Not a slightest sign of inferiority compared to Star Wars or other LEGO themes. Now one mall, even a mall with two toy stores isn't a sufficient sample to draw any conclusions about Bratislava, let alone the rest of Slovakia or the rest of the world, however that doesn't change the fact that Bionicle was dominating this mall  :)

Well, with all the doomsaying as of late, this is quite refreshing. :) 

• Upvote 1

96DIFYm.png

Three days ago I reported the summer sets being readily available in most store here in Hungary.

Today I checked, and pretty much every major online store is out of stock. Funnily enough, Quake Beast, whose availability is dodgy in other places, is the only one still in stock in most places, but even he has the "last pieces" notice on his store listings. 

Based on what I saw on the shelves of brick and mortar stores, this isn't because there were few of them to begin with - Bionicle covered pretty much the same shelf-area as Lego Star Wars, and they filled up the depth of the shelves too.

Things are looking good here, at least.

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I went to my local LEGO Store today and I was told that the new BIONICLE sets would not be sold there and I would have to go to Shop@Home to purchase them (they gave me a couple of promo codes for free shipping.)

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

OKAY, so some of the new sets have finally popped up on Amazon UK. Problem is, it seems as though they're Italian imports. They're £20 each with £20 delivery AND they'll only be in stock starting November 1st fr Ekimu, Storm and Lava Beast and September 1st for Quake Beast. No sign of Umarak. Hopefully some proper UK listings will come up... if not I suppose I'll just have to get them from the Lego Store.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

• 3 weeks later...

News Alert!

Quake Beast is on Amazon US.

The rest of the summer wave is available as well, sans storm beast. However, it's important to note that these are not being officially sold by Amazon, but rather third party sellers on Amazon selling them at inflated prices.

News Alert!

Quake Beast is on Amazon US.

The rest of the summer wave is available as well, sans storm beast. However, it's important to note that these are not being officially sold by Amazon, but rather third party sellers on Amazon selling them at inflated prices.

Aye, same with Amazon UK. All but Umarak at ridiculous prices. £25 with £10 shipping each? No thank you.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

On Thursday I went to one of our local malls to watch the Warcraft movie. The movie was excellent, I would recommend it to everybody - in my opinion it was even better than The Force Unleashed. But while I was at that mall I also made another Bionicle availability survey. This mall had just one toy store, but this store was full of Bionicles - in this toy store I found all the second half of 2016 sets and many sets from the first half of 2016, the second half of 2015 and even the first half of 2015. Once again LEGO dominated the store and Bionicle had an equal ammount of stocked space compared to other LEGO themes. So to put the long story short, this mall was dominated by Bionicle  ;)

• Upvote 2

IhDIrLK.jpg

I went to my local Lego store this week, and the manager there told me he didn't have any more of the summer 2016 sets since the store only received two crates from Lego, and they won't be getting anymore. He told me the entire wave was on the website if I wanted them, though. (He even gave me a free shipping coupon. :D )

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles