Official New Set Sightings Thread

emily

I'm getting them soon as well. My local dealer showed me the orders, and i recommended that he get all six Toa, though less of the big ones. The good news is I already have a date for the summer sets too. Mask Maker & Skull Grinder, you're mine come August!!

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

News from Australia!

I have begun calling stores to find out when they are released, but the first store I have chilled has put my hope down as toy world will not be getting them until early April. :(

Whoa! This makes me really grateful for being able to get them over the online Lego shop. 

That is weird though, because on their site, it says that some of them are coming in on the 16th of February, while the rest come in on the 1st on March. :shrugs:

What site says 16th of feb?

Super Toyworld/Mr Toy's Toyworld is supposedly getting them, starting the 16th of February.

For anyone else in Maine, my mom says she found the new sets at a Renys store.  She said they looked like the larger ones and were $13-$14.  So either they have the Protectors for a significant markup, or they have at least the smaller Toa for a dollar or two cheaper than elsewhere.

Can't personally confirm this 100%, but I guess it's worth checking.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Ok, is it just me and my location, or is there anyone else out there who has yet to find Onua & Gali in stores? Obviously they're online and I have all of wave one, but I haven't seen Gail nor Onua in any of my local stores...it's disheartening to say the least

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Onua, Tahu, Kopaka and the Protectors of Earth, Jungle, Fire and Ice have been sighted at the Myer store in Frankston, Australia! In fact they hit the stores so recently that I actually saw them being stocked just before midday today! Because they have only just been stocked, it probably won't be long before the rest appear too.

Edited by Makuta_of_Oz
  • Upvote 2

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Onua, Tahu, Kopaka and the Protectors of Earth, Jungle, Fire and Ice have been sighted at the Myer store in Frankston, Australia! In fact they hit the stores so recently that I actually saw them being stocked just before midday today! Because they have only just been stocked, it probably won't be long before the rest appear too.

OMG, OMG

I'm hyperventilating right now :o

That's like 5 mins away from my dad's work!

I'm going to get him to pick up either onua or kopaka on his way home tomorrow :D

• Upvote 1

Exiting news for Australia!

I went out to the store today to get my dad a birthday present, and when I went into myer I checked the toy section and they had every bonkle except for LoSS the thee medium toa and protecters of water and stone.

Managed to get myself kopaka :D

Oh and was at northland shopping centre myer if you were wondering!

Edited by Makuta2701
  • Upvote 1

Exiting news for Australia!

I went out to the store today to get my dad a birthday present, and when I went into myer I checked the toy section and they had every bonkle except for LoSS the thee medium toa and protecters of water and stone.

Managed to get myself kopaka :D

Oh and was at northland shopping centre myer if you were wondering!

Oh my goodness, they're finally here!

Edited by Doctor Makuta

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

To continue on Australian sightings, I'm Rick James Bricks in Pakenham reports that they too have the same 6 sets mentioned above.

It's clear that Australia is not getting Gali, Lewa, Pohatu, the LoSS and the Protectors of Water and Stone, and frankly I'm not impressed. inb4 they're released in August or not released at all

• Upvote 1

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

My local Wal*Mart has Gali, Pohatu, Onua, Tahu, and the Protectors of Stone, Earth, Water, and Jungle, and Fire may have been buried in the mix.

I'm getting Gali and PoW for my lil sis.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

To continue on Australian sightings, I'm Rick James Bricks in Pakenham reports that they too have the same 6 sets mentioned above.

It's clear that Australia is not getting Gali, Lewa, Pohatu, the LoSS and the Protectors of Water and Stone, and frankly I'm not impressed. inb4 they're released in August or not released at all

No we are, a tru employee told me that they would be coming in with a restocking of lego set at the start of march.

I think we'll get them, eventually. It's disappointing that we still haven't seen many in Australia though.

• Upvote 1

Why wouldn't we? I mean it doesnt really make sense to do that, unless they want to encourage people to buy them online.

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

Why wouldn't we? I mean it doesnt really make sense to do that, unless they want to encourage people to buy them online.

I think Makuta of Oz is just jumping to conclusions. It's literally been less than a week since he posted about his first sighting of them.

It's not at all that uncommon for sets to not show up all at once, particularly at physical retail locations. If they don't have the other sets by next month, then you might have reason to worry... but there's no point in hyperventilating about any region "not getting" the full range of winter sets seeing as the summer sets are still like five months away.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I think Makuta of Oz is just jumping to conclusions. It's literally been less than a week since he posted about his first sighting of them.

It's not at all that uncommon for sets to not show up all at once, particularly at physical retail locations. If they don't have the other sets by next month, then you might have reason to worry... but there's no point in hyperventilating about any region "not getting" the full range of winter sets seeing as the summer sets are still like five months away.

Well considering we've already been waiting a month and a half longer than the rest of the world it's only natural I be concerned, especially after having to wait NINE months for Toa Ignika, the most sought-after set of 2008.

Well considering we've already been waiting a month and a half longer than the rest of the world it's only natural I be concerned, especially after having to wait NINE months for Toa Ignika, the most sought-after set of 2008.

Yeah honestly I don't blame you. I've never been a fan of the fact we get stuff later than the rest of the world. Bionicle is not exempt from this, I mean we're supposed to be a first world country.

Well, that didn't take long...  I was at Target today, and what did I see?

img_20150220_192811.jpg

Onua, Master of Earth, on clearance for $13.98!!!  WHAT?  I was shocked.  I didn't pick one up, unfortunately, because I already have Onua.  But still, Target putting Onua on clearance?  He was the only 2015 one on clearance, though.  Everyone else was the same price.

EDIT: Interestingly, Target's official website still has Onua at $19.99.  Not quite sure what the people at my local Target were thinking...

Edited by Moku
  • Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

img_20150220_192811.jpg

Onua, Master of Earth, on clearance for $13.98!!!  WHAT?  I was shocked.  I didn't pick one up, unfortunately, because I already have Onua.  But still, Target putting Onua on clearance?  He was the only 2015 one on clearance, though.  Everyone else was the same price.

EDIT: Interestingly, Target's official website still has Onua at $19.99.  Not quite sure what the people at my local Target were thinking...

If you remember, brown and black were the two least popular in being sold. Maybe Target is remembering the Stars?

cringe

img_20150220_192811.jpg

If you remember, brown and black were the two least popular in being sold. Maybe Target is remembering the Stars?

Yeah, you've got a point there.  Still, though, so soon?

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

My brother sighted Tahu, Kopaka and Onua as well as all of the Protectors at the BigW in Gungahlin, Australia. He says that the big Toa were $25 instead of the $30 on the Lego shop. That's great to hear, considering that $30 AUD is a bit steep.

Just as an update, I went their myself and it appears that only the Protectors of Fire, Earth, Jungle and Ice are there. It's weird that the Protectors of Stone and Water haven't been sighted here (nearly) at all. I guess we'll probably get them soon.  

By the way, you can get Tahu and Onua on Myer Australia for $24 AUD. :)

Ok, is it just me and my location, or is there anyone else out there who has yet to find Onua & Gali in stores? Obviously they're online and I have all of wave one, but I haven't seen Gail nor Onua in any of my local stores...it's disheartening to say the least

That was the ones I had to order as my last of the winter wave(On January 16!)

Heres the order I got them

Jan 1st- MoI, PoI, MoS, PoS, PoJ

Jan 2nd- MoJ, MoF

Jan 16th- Ordered: Onua and Gali- Bought that day(at target), PoE, PoF, PoW, LoSS

Jan 19th- I recieved- MoE, MoW

So went to the LEGO Store and finished my Toa collection (Lewa, Pohatu, Onua) but the section for the Bionicle sets was pretty... well, unspecial. No displays, and they were on a lower shelf below some Chima stuff. Does LEGO not want to get this stuff out there? Though (thankfully) I saw a bunch of kids looking at the sets so that's good, and the guy at the till asked if my brother and I were finishing off the collection because apparently lots of people are getting them Toa. So whatevs... 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I completed my Toa collection, finishing them off at Target. I got Pohatu and Lewa. Kids were practically trapping at them. I think kids were confusing them with Hero Factory maybe? I know the same thing happened with kids who got in to Bionicle with Glatorian and Stars. Kids still thought Bionicle was Hero Factory.

cringe

Ok thanks to a very helpful woman I got Protector of Stone, Pohatu, Lewa, Gali and Lord of Skull Spiders today from a Myer.

Australian by the way. Our time has come :)

Ok thanks to a very helpful woman I got Protector of Stone, Pohatu, Lewa, Gali and Lord of Skull Spiders today from a Myer.

Australian by the way. Our time has come :)

Oh, wow. It's great to know that these sets have started to appear in a somewhat common manner. Hopefully, this gives hope to those who've been worrying about not getting them.

The Target store in Bayside Shopping Centre (Frankston, Victoria, Australia) now has Tahu, Kopaka, Onua and the Protectors of Air, Fire, Ice and Earth.

The Myer and K-Mart stores at te same centre now have all 13 sets. K-Mart sells them for $1 AUD less per set.

I just want to confirm that Gali and Onua are clearanced at my local Target, so it seems a near-universal measure. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Clearance at your place, first sighting in RSA. All of them except Tahu at the TRU.

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

The Toys-R-Us I went to already had Kopaka and Gali cleared out. The Bionicles at Walmart were practically untouched.

GENERATION 4: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

So, who's looking forward to the summer wave?

Me! Myself! I!

Seriously though I'm contemplating trying to convince a store to let me preörder some of them. I seriously think they're all awesome, G2s story could do with a lot of work IMO, & it's early yet, & Wave 2 could bring plenty, & even if it doesn't I utterly adore the sets; although specific thoughts are always liable to change upon having physically acquired something & 'late' discoveries etc;

I honestly suspect I'm going to be buying doubles of them all (already getting duplicates of Wave 1; it's only been a month [almost] for me!)

I'm not sure which one I like the most anymore... I like Skull Grinder the least out of the Skull Villains, but still looks to be a great set to me.

• Upvote 1

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

I am most certainly buying the Mask Maker set in Summer. The rest... We'll have to see.