TIEBREAKER - Kaukau V.S. Mask of Adaption V.S. Kadin

Boidoh

Kaukau V.S. Mask of Adaption V.S. Kadin  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The colors issue is always ridiculous anyway because basically any Toa can be any color for reasons. Heck, that was a canonization squibble of its own back in the day, when people kept getting Greg to approve their own headcanon color schemes for various Matoran (we'll ignore that I may or may not have done that for Ba-Matoran :U). I think the LMB has seen its share of that, too.

That said... I've only ever seen dark grey on Ko-Matoran, and not black, so I'm not sure where people ARE getting black from as Ice's secondary color.

http://biosector01.com/wiki/images/f/f8/Talvi_Metru.PNG What about this one? Or is that dark grey?

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

Looks like someone painted that thing.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

The colors issue is always ridiculous anyway because basically any Toa can be any color for reasons. Heck, that was a canonization squibble of its own back in the day, when people kept getting Greg to approve their own headcanon color schemes for various Matoran (we'll ignore that I may or may not have done that for Ba-Matoran :U). I think the LMB has seen its share of that, too.

That said... I've only ever seen dark grey on Ko-Matoran, and not black, so I'm not sure where people ARE getting black from as Ice's secondary color.

http://biosector01.com/wiki/images/f/f8/Talvi_Metru.PNG What about this one? Or is that dark grey?

It looks dark gray to me. 

Comparing it as apple-to-apples as I can (with an onu matoran from those same promo cds), that is indeed dark grey.

Despite the fact that only one kadin has ever been in a set, i doubt that anyone will bat an eye at a slightly off mask color if it's used in a MOC.

Edited by JMSOG
  • Upvote 1

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

Who ever said before that they could grab a bunch of friends from another site to vote, you may do so now....

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

It seems as if BIONICLE 2015 info has taken a toll on the poll.

• Upvote 2

Well.... It seems like it has been a week.

Kaukau wins.

I don't get it, but I won't argue (much). Kaukau always seemed to be an out-of-combat mask to me. Did the MoCers win this vote?

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

So hang on - we're able to canonise material now? Does Greg approve all of these after the votes have been held and say which can become canon?

I voted Kaukau for the same reason as Boidoh's original post.

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

So hang on - we're able to canonise material now? Does Greg approve all of these after the votes have been held and say which can become canon?

I voted Kaukau for the same reason as Boidoh's original post.

We can only hold polls with Greg's permission. He's given us permission to do a mask poll for every member of the Toa Manga. Yes, he does have to approve all of this. He's the only one who can canonize stuff these days. We hold the polls, he gives a word of approval.

• Upvote 1

He made the suggestion...

• Upvote 1

Why try to "approve" canon I'm sure Greg does not like making things "canonized" especially since bionicle is coming back -.-

If he didn't like doing it, he would ask to drop out from the chat topic. He hasn't done it yet, so we can assume that he wants to do this.   

• Upvote 3

bZpOwEr

Why try to "approve" canon I'm sure Greg does not like making things "canonized" especially since bionicle is coming back -.-

I don't see why Gen2 starting should make Greg not want to keep improving some of the details of Gen1? You do know he isn't involved with Gen2, right? So not like Gen2 will make him too busy or anything... I think Gen2 increasing interest in Bionicle in general means now is a more likely time to want some more Gen1 additions, not less. :)
  • Upvote 4

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

To fill in the unknowns of the universe.

Why is the excuse, "story is over", always brought up? That's like saying I can't play my NES games because they stopped making games for the system and I must ONLY play my Wii U because there are still games for the thing coming out.

Ras, that has already been discussed in this and several previous topics.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

To fill in the unknowns of the universe.

Why is the excuse, "story is over", always brought up? That's like saying I can't play my NES games because they stopped making games for the system and I must ONLY play my Wii U because there are still games for the thing coming out.

I think a better analogy for that would be "why waste time haranguing the devs of an old game to patch it?". At what point are we willing to accept the game for what it is, imperfections and all? Nobody is saying you can't play the old game, but count your blessings that one of the developers has some spare time on his hands.
  • Upvote 1

I think a better analogy for that would be "why waste time haranguing the devs of an old game to patch it?".

The problem with that statement is that Greg has no issue with canonizing things, at least to my knowledge. As long as he's happy with doing what he's doing, I don't see why you want to challenge it. 

bZpOwEr

I think a better analogy for that would be "why waste time haranguing the devs of an old game to patch it?".

The problem with that statement is that Greg has no issue with canonizing things, at least to my knowledge. As long as he's happy with doing what he's doing, I don't see why you want to challenge it.

I'm not challenging it, just wanted to clarify what I didn't think was a great analogy. In video games, one of the best thing about anything with a passionate enough fanbase (PC based, 8bit, anything mod-able) is that fans will go in and patch it themselves, or even create brand new content to the game; there's no worry about what's "official" or recognized by the developers. Fans just do it for the fun, and then spread that along to other people. This is much more like some of the arguments I've seen coming from the creative people, and it's much more applicable. There's plenty of ways to contribute to the lore and the franchise without requiring constant official approval.
  • Upvote 1

So what's the cannon status of this?

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

So what's the cannon status of this?

Boidoh has submitted the results to Greg for approval in the LMB thread. Since Greg hasn't been answering many questions over the break, however, he has not approved or disapproved any of the results.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison